Is your display prone for scratches?

Search This thread

Havoc2k

Dec 7, 2011
Munich
Hey our there,

this morning i thaugt i will smash my s3. I have this device for less then one week, keeping it safe every moment. so no coins, keys or any sharp objects in my pocket.

no putting it on the display side, nothing. But now i have a ~ 1 cm long quite deep scracht in the middle of the glass. not the tiniest little scracht, but just this big one....

cant imagine where it came from, but i am super pissed.... display foile just came today evening... nice timing

what the **** is this..... :mad:

did you experiance the same? are your displays still are fine?

greetings :(

matttye

Dec 6, 2010
None on mine. I don't really look for them unless people ask, but can't see any. Gorilla glass is very strong.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Michael_P

Jun 3, 2012
All it takes is a grain of sand on the screen when you use and this is what you get, because it's a serious misconception to think Gorilla Glass is actually scratch proof, because it's only scratch resistant to things softer than the glass.

sxi200

Oct 18, 2010
Melbourne
Some screen protectors can cover the scratch. You'll never know it's there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

dakaringer

May 3, 2012
Screen protector.

I am using a moderately cheap one right now until I can get my hands on the better ones.
I also keep my phone in the right pocket of my pants that stores nothing but the phone.

Havoc2k

Dec 7, 2011
Munich
Some screen protectors can cover the scratch. You'll never know it's there.

do you have any of these for me? link would be best !

greetings

edit: doenst madder... baught phone for 500€ just soidl it rooted + scratch for 520 :D

so i will get another one, and be happy with case and disp. protectors

Last edited:

bortak

Sep 28, 2010
London
no screen protector, no case. Phone already has hundreds of microscratches on the back, and quite a few on the glass also. Really doesn't bother me, not like you can see it when the screen is on.