Best launcher

Search This thread

srath16

Nov 23, 2011
Clearwater, Florida
I have tried the other launchers and have an issue with my wallpaper not scrolling when I switched home screens. My wallpaper is there on my home page, but when I moved side to side, it just goes black. Is there anything in the settings on the various launchers that fixes this?

If you use a file explorer with a built-in image viewer, you can set the wallpaper from there to fill the entire scrollable screen estate. I recommend ES File explorer as it is free and has many options. Just navigate to the image you want as your wallpaper and you can set it from within the ES Image viewer.

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

Does anyone have a way to get a trial version of TSF Shell??
It looks potentially awesome, but 16.80 is quite a bit to fork over for a launcher that i can't even TRY out before buying...

I looked at very extensive video reviews and feature lists before I bought it. I was skeptical at first but after doing enough research I just went for it. I have also purchased the Pro versions of Apex and Nova and have used them extensively for about 10 Months, so this is a change for me personally. Not to mention Google Play gives you your 15 minute grace time with the app. It is a great launcher, but if you want a stock android experience then Nova/Apex are the way to go.

Reactions: Quiverskeep

guthrien

Feb 26, 2011
I LOVE the touchwiz launcher, its fast, light, and stable. I really like Holo Launcher HD, for the same reasons. Don't like GO EX, yes, it has the most features, but has too many "ads" and is bulky and slow.

+1. Holo Launcher has a nice matching lockscreen too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

piiman

Jun 21, 2010
the first launcher i tried was apex, and i havent found a reason to try another.

If you don't try others you never will :) I like go ex and I've tried them ALL

That tsf shell looks awesome but pricey... think I'll buy anyway lol

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Does anyone have a way to get a trial version of TSF Shell??
It looks potentially awesome, but 16.80 is quite a bit to fork over for a launcher that i can't even TRY out before buying...

Try it fast! Lol I bought it help all 16 bucks out of it just learning to use it:laugh:
Just put it on my hp touchpad and its really cool even on a tablet. Looks good on phone also!

Last edited:

bill3508

May 23, 2011
Judt tried TSF and didnt like it. Its slow, everytime after you close out a program it states reloading tsf and just takes too long. Not worth the money.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

leggy

Jul 5, 2012
I tried ADW, Nova, Apex and GO and found Nova to be the smoothest and fastest. ADW has the most themes available if i am not mistaken while GO has the most features and options but Nova and Apex are the fastest and smoothest but least features unless you buy them and again don't think can beat GO features and options wise.
I am currently using the free version of Nova

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

nshahril

Sep 8, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I have tried all launchers... But back to square One.... BIG launcher... Give it a try... U might like it as well.. ^_^

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

arre2dee2

Aug 9, 2010
In my experience launchers tend to take up more resources than the default one and cause the battery to drain a lot faster. Though to be fair the only phone I've used a launcher on was on my Droid X and I have yet to try out any on my SGSIII, so it may be different since the SGSIII is obviously a more powerful device. So I'm gonna have to recommend staying with the one that comes pre-installed on a rom.

piiman

Jun 21, 2010
In my experience launchers tend to take up more resources than the default one and cause the battery to drain a lot faster. Though to be fair the only phone I've used a launcher on was on my Droid X and I have yet to try out any on my SGSIII, so it may be different since the SGSIII is obviously a more powerful device. So I'm gonna have to recommend staying with the one that comes pre-installed on a rom.

With all due respect don't you think you should try some before recommending one? I've been trying a ton of them since yesterday as there are many more since the last time i checked. I've never really noticed any extra battery drain using a third party launcher. Not that a poorly coded one couldn't drain your battery but to say all do just isn't correct.

Some of the new ones are very interesting and some are just more of the same. I love checking out software so I'm having a blast. I'll probably go back to GO EX but for now I'm checking out a ton of them.

piiman

Jun 21, 2010
I have tried all launchers... But back to square One.... BIG launcher... Give it a try... U might like it as well.. ^_^

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

I did and now i hate myself :) was that designed for 2 year old's or blind people? :cyclops:

It also seems very limited.

nyjumpman

Aug 16, 2012
NYC
After using ADW, Apex, Nova and others I personally recommend TSF Shell. It is a launcher unlike any other "android" experience. It gives you full control of your workspace, apps, and gestures. It will set you back some 16 dollars but I have never been more satisfied with a launcher.
Differences:
Apex and Nova are ICS based launchers both fluid, good, customizable and rock solid. They both offer smooth Android 4.0+ Transitions and even branch on Jellybean animations as well. They both offer unread notification support.
ADW and GoLauncher are launchers based around homescreen customization and easability. Performance is typically good for older devices.
TSF: A 3D UI Launcher with dazzling effects and functionality as well as maintaining all the features of the ICS launchers. Unread icons, a simple navigation UI and a slide-able dock. This launcher is the epitimy of what all launchers should offer as far as functionality and usability.

Thanks for the recommendation, been using Nova all along but TSF is very unique and a breath of fresh air

Not sure if I will be sticking with it but it sure is different!

guthrien

Feb 26, 2011
The Galaxy S3 ram makes them all fairly usable. There's basically no hit keeping them active. I'll have to try TSF.

piiman

Jun 21, 2010
The Galaxy S3 ram makes them all fairly usable. There's basically no hit keeping them active. I'll have to try TSF.

Tsf is ok but not sure if its really more functional. Also the widgets that look so cool in the video don't seem to work on 4.0 or higher. They work but none of the 3d effects do so they are kind of boring. Hopefully they fix soon. It also only works in portrait or landscape but not both. It is only a beta though so maybe someday

fr8cture

Sep 1, 2012
Minneapolis
Tsf is ok but not sure if its really more functional. Also the widgets that look so cool in the video don't seem to work on 4.0 or higher. They work but none of the 3d effects do so they are kind of boring. Hopefully they fix soon. It also only works in portrait or landscape but not both. It is only a beta though so maybe someday

I couldn't figure out how to do most of the features. :/

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After using ADW, Apex, Nova and others I personally recommend TSF Shell. It is a launcher unlike any other "android" experience. It gives you full control of your workspace, apps, and gestures. It will set you back some 16 dollars but I have never been more satisfied with a launcher.
    Differences:
    Apex and Nova are ICS based launchers both fluid, good, customizable and rock solid. They both offer smooth Android 4.0+ Transitions and even branch on Jellybean animations as well. They both offer unread notification support.
    ADW and GoLauncher are launchers based around homescreen customization and easability. Performance is typically good for older devices.
    TSF: A 3D UI Launcher with dazzling effects and functionality as well as maintaining all the features of the ICS launchers. Unread icons, a simple navigation UI and a slide-able dock. This launcher is the epitimy of what all launchers should offer as far as functionality and usability.
    You can't uninstall TW. All of the launchers "piggyback" off of it. I am pretty sure if you did someway uninstall it, you would brick your phone.

I just uninstalled and nova launcher seems to be running fine
    Check out SF Launcher. It's new and being updated regularly. It is inspired by Google Now. Different then other launches. When it has more features added in it will be awesome!
    what's this with someone saying Nova drains your battery?

They have no clue what they are talking about is all.
    You should try ADW EX. more features then the regular ADW. I know it costs money but if you now how to search Google correctly you might find a link for free....PM me if u want it lol

Sent from my phone.....which is probably better than yours >.<

Don't do that. Android developers need support more than ever.