My Seidio Surface came in today. Pictures/impressions inside.
I received the Seidio Suface case with holster this morning and have put it through enough torture to come up with some initial impressions. The case fits the phone tightly which feels nice and secure, and the cutouts on the sides are all placed perfectly. The case has a soft-touch coating that feels really nice, but can make the phone somewhat slippery. I am cursed with oily skin and that shows up pretty easily on the case.
Here's what I'm liking:
- Overall fit and cutout placement are spot on. The cutout for the headphones leaves enough room for somewhat over sized cables. The cutout for the S Pen does not make the S Pen more difficult to remove.
- Kickstand works well. It is held in place by a magnet, but the magnet is not strong enough to cause interference with the S Pen.
- The case also does not interfere with NFC
- The holser is well made, and it has fabric to protect the screen of the phone when it is holstered. (velvet maybe?)
Here's what I am not liking:
- The case absorbs the oil from my hands and looks greasy after a few minutes use. (This of course can be wiped off)
- The holster is not reversible like I was hoping it was. The phone can only be inserted with the face covered by the holster.
Other than that, there isn't a whole lot to say. It is a decent case that looks like it will do its job fairly well. Here are some pictures: