Originally Posted by aamir2001
i have learnt a bit of terminologies so i might get to know what u say now....ok i know abt update because 4.2.2 has been launched for htc one x n mine is running on 4.1.1 and probably custom ROM...now if u see the first screenshot i dont have software update option at all what to talk about OTAs...i m also sending u the snapshot which u asked but i want two things only update to 4.2.2 with sense 5 and that software update option which is missing that should be there....plz help
I asked just to make sure your phone is not on 4.2.2 and that you want ota 4.3 update.
Well, by the screenshot, you're on custom rom.
Now if you want stock 4.2.2 with sense 5 please do as follow:
1. Flash stock rom 4.2.2 (odexed) or nandroid
+ Identify your cid, and download stock rom or nandroid backup
+ Unlock bootloader (if locked)
+ Flash custom recovery (twrp, cwm..) and copy rom to phone memory (sd card)
+ Boot into recovery: Either flash stock rom or restore from nandroid backup file (remember to follow rom instruction carefully)
+ Reboot and there you go.
2. In case there is no 4.2.2 stock rom/nandroid but 4.1.1 only:
- Do same as above steps and your phone is now at stock rom 4.1.1
- Flash stock recovery (required)
- Reboot and check for OTA 4.2.2 update
- After OTA update, perform nandroid backup and save for future usage.
Report the result.
Please make sure to backup your phone's data before proceeding as you might lost during rom flashing!
Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app