[Q] Activate Droid Pro Internationally?

Search This thread

jamilm9

May 11, 2009
I live in Canada and I want to buy a Droid Pro. Is there currently a way to buy a *UNLOCKED* *UNACTIVATED* Droid Pro (off eBay) and activate it outside of the US?
Thank You

jamilm9

May 11, 2009
I have seen the posts about being able to touch the corners of the screen but that doesn't seem to promising and I would need that conformed before being able to buy it. Also if I were to travel to the US would it automatically start using verizon? Thank You

rafeee2

Oct 19, 2007
I have seen the posts about being able to touch the corners of the screen but that doesn't seem to promising and I would need that conformed before being able to buy it. Also if I were to travel to the US would it automatically start using verizon? Thank You
Well honestly I can't confirm any of that :) Because I got my Pro off eBay, pre-activated and ready to go. I unlocked in Kuwait on a Kuwaiti SIM card using the code provided by the seller.

Ehem.. I think I just answered your question :D Just make sure that the seller already activated the phone :)

jamilm9

May 11, 2009
For a phone to be pre activated does it have to be used or is there another way for the seller to activate it? Thank You.

bsweetness

Mar 27, 2009
Look through this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=866922

A lot of people have had problems with unlocking the SIM card unless it was activated by Verizon first in the U.S. Your best bet will probably be to get one that has already been activated and unlocked. After that's been done, you should be able to bypass the activation screen following a factory reset and use whatever SIM card you want. It won't start roaming on Verizon if you have a foreign SIM card in there. Actually, it won't roam in the States at all on GSM, regardless of whether you have a foreign SIM or not. The U.S. GSM bands are locked out and can't be used.