[APP][3.0+] Frequency: App Usage Tracking

Search This thread

AggieDev

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2013
Today I have released my latest app, Frequency. I'd love to get some feedback and suggestions about the app if I could!

Google Play link

Link to actual .apk

HlVnQSI.png

dbMykoC.jpg

What is Frequency?
Frequency is my latest app that tracks your app usage, that way you can always know what apps you use, how much you use them, and when you use them. I initially made it because I wanted an easy solution to see which apps I no longer use and can then install, but this is only one of the uses you can have from this app.

What are the features?
  • Show how much you've used your apps today, in the past week, past month, past 3 months, past year, or all time
  • Either show only the apps that you have run, or show all installed apps
  • Easily hide apps that you don't want to display in the list
  • Change the app-tracking accuracy for the background process, that way you can choose more or less app tracking accuracy for more or less battery-consumpution
  • Runs in the background, don't worry about having to start the app
  • Ability to have the background process start at device boot-up, so that you don't have to start the app once for the background process to run

If I could get any suggestions that would be great!

Last edited:

howtomen

Jan 10, 2011
Brea CA
Battery Life

Anyone using this application experience any battery drainage. I want to use this, just might seem that this is a huge battery drainer since it's always running in the background. Thanks in advance. The app looks great and is a good idea.

Wh1t3Rose

Anyone using this application experience any battery drainage. I want to use this, just might seem that this is a huge battery drainer since it's always running in the background. Thanks in advance. The app looks great and is a good idea.

It's not a battery drain. Many Apps actually include what this app does like betterbatterystats. My guess is all this does is keep track of the number of alarms activated per app (I'm not a Dev :/)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

abelmaster

Nov 22, 2013
Amsterdam
Also include a tab with "not used apps". Since I like to install all apps I see, I forget which are handy and which I never use. With your app this problem can easily be solved :)

C6603
4.3 .569
CWM
Doomkernel
Xposed

croldan72

Dec 20, 2010
I believe that the app only displays those apps that you actively have open, while the display is on. Anyway to track apps that you also have actively running in the background?

2 examples that I have: When I'm in the car I have Waze and Torque always running. So I can get verbal directions and see my gauges in Torque. It only reports on one app, whichever is in focus.

Also, if listening to a book in Audible, or music in Pandora, unless the display is on, the app isn't tracking the time used unless the display is on, even if I'm listening to music via headphones or Bluetooth.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

AggieDev

Apr 2, 2013
It's not a battery drain. Many Apps actually include what this app does like betterbatterystats. My guess is all this does is keep track of the number of alarms activated per app (I'm not a Dev :/)

Yep you got it! I use BetterBatteryStats to see how much battery it uses but you can also see through the Android stock battery usage Settings screen. At the default 30 seconds I would say it uses a reasonable amount of battery, but of course that is why I added in being able to change the accuracy.

Reactions: Wh1t3Rose

squabbi

Jul 20, 2012
Sydney

Hey there! I've used this app for 2 days and I haven't noticed any significant battery drain. I have the HTC One so it probably varies from device and per use. :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

b_TeXteR_d

Mar 16, 2013
I don't want to be rude to the dev, but there is already an app for it, called aptrax
I've been using it for a couple weeks, and it fully satisfies me

Reactions: defim

stiven68

Sep 18, 2012
This app works fine on my XSola without any relevant battery drain: as a feature request, could it be possible to remove the uninstalled apps even from the No-Show List?

Inviato dal mio Xperia Sola utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: defim

AggieDev

Apr 2, 2013
This app works fine on my XSola without any relevant battery drain: as a feature request, could it be possible to remove the uninstalled apps even from the No-Show List?

Any uninstalled apps shouldn't show up on the app at all, do they for you?

Also I have already gotten starting working on the next release :) my first priority is making an app-opened counter among other things!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Wh1t3Rose

I don't want to be rude to the dev, but there is already an app for it, called aptrax

Good for you. It was still rude. Oh there are multiple apps for the same purpose. Just like there are multiple backup apps, multiple unit convertors, and multiple Data trackers. So your comment was unnecessary.

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk

zoomol

Jun 18, 2009
Poznan, Poland
AggieDev, if you need translation for Polish - just PM me. Use getlocalization.com - it's a very good site for translating apps for various languages.

lesliescott06

Aug 6, 2013
This tool looks pretty good to keep track of the time and manage the working hours in a streamlined manner in order to reach out the level to have touch the end result. I will definitely give it out a try.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I have released my latest app, Frequency. I'd love to get some feedback and suggestions about the app if I could!

Google Play link

Link to actual .apk

HlVnQSI.png

dbMykoC.jpg

What is Frequency?
    Frequency is my latest app that tracks your app usage, that way you can always know what apps you use, how much you use them, and when you use them. I initially made it because I wanted an easy solution to see which apps I no longer use and can then install, but this is only one of the uses you can have from this app.

What are the features?
    • Show how much you've used your apps today, in the past week, past month, past 3 months, past year, or all time
    • Either show only the apps that you have run, or show all installed apps
    • Easily hide apps that you don't want to display in the list
    • Change the app-tracking accuracy for the background process, that way you can choose more or less app tracking accuracy for more or less battery-consumpution
    • Runs in the background, don't worry about having to start the app
    • Ability to have the background process start at device boot-up, so that you don't have to start the app once for the background process to run

If I could get any suggestions that would be great!
    Great app, i have a feature request. Can you please add number of opening for app? For example tapatalk opening 20 times in a day... Etc

Sent from my SM-N9005

Yep you got it! I use BetterBatteryStats to see how much battery it uses but you can also see through the Android stock battery usage Settings screen. At the default 30 seconds I would say it uses a reasonable amount of battery, but of course that is why I added in being able to change the accuracy.