LCD Digitiser Replacement Issues HTC One X

Search This thread

chwads2k8

Oct 7, 2009
Hi,
I have this HTC one x which needed a digitiser replacement as no touch would register. LCD was ok but decided to get a new lcd+ digitiser. I have replaced the screen and the LCD is working fine but the digitiser is still not working. iv checked the cables none are broken and the connector for the digitiser on the booard looks ok too.

Any ideas what im doing wrong or is it a board problem? everything else works fine its just the digitiser

jaw2floor

Jan 8, 2012
Hi,
I have this HTC one x which needed a digitiser replacement as no touch would register. LCD was ok but decided to get a new lcd+ digitiser. I have replaced the screen and the LCD is working fine but the digitiser is still not working. iv checked the cables none are broken and the connector for the digitiser on the booard looks ok too.

Any ideas what im doing wrong or is it a board problem? everything else works fine its just the digitiser

Guessing you have tried factory reset / re flashed the correct boot.img?

chwads2k8

Oct 7, 2009
trying that now but im on win 8.1 in bootloader i have drivers installed bt no access to fastboot or adb. but when i boot into os i have adb and im pushing rom.zip as PJ46IMG.zip and see if that works

chwads2k8

Oct 7, 2009
right got it working but seems i have to put presssure on screen above the digi connector when i let go it stops again

chwads2k8

Oct 7, 2009
iv jus realised that i put pressure on the top right of the screen to get digitiser working but connecter is on left side so now im stumped not sure whats wrong with it

okhughes

Sep 11, 2013
Adelaide
It could be you got a digitizer that has issues. I got one myself once, had to put pressure on top left hand corner to get bottom left hand side to register. In the end I sent it back for a replacement, and the replacement worked fine. If you go through the other steps posted above and check all the flex cables/connectors out and you still have problems, my money is on a faulty digitizer - it does happen occasionally.