[Root][Port] Cf-Autoroot T700 [Tab S 8.4]

Search This thread

reggie cheeks

May 5, 2011
Lake Tapps
Do you have drivers and odin installed on your pc?
If so.. now that you're in download mode plug the tab into the pc and start odin.
Click the ap button and select cf.autoroot to put it in that slot.
Click start. And let it go. It's that quick.
I'm not really adding anything the op doesn't already but hopefully it helps.

Last edited:

deanventure

May 2, 2011
got it working good, no problems, one question though, can i do a factory reset from my device,will it keep root or will i have to re root?

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
I've rooted my nexus 7 (2012) and my nexus 5, but I can't seem to root the t700.
I tried odin on the windows 7 bootcamp. Then I tried heimdall on the imac. The tab s was definitely in download mode, but was not recognised. I even tried 3 different cables and 4 different usb ports.
Any help would be appreciated.:(

Edit: I got it to root after I installed Samsung USB drivers on the bootcamp:)

Last edited:

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Has anyone started a bounty yet to get root on the T707A (AT&T LTE)?
Mine gets delivered tomorrow from BestBuy and I'm returning it if there is no hope of root within the next 30 days.

Arghh.

I've got $40 towards root bounty.

thejerkk

Mar 1, 2012
san antonio

thanks for the fast response. do you know if its possible to untrip it, by restoring a stock, unrooted image? ive never had to RMA a product to samsung before and am not anticipating this happening, just want to make sure i can untrip it if possible.

it was possible to remove it on the s3 when it tripped by flashing a good , stock image.

maxal

Jan 17, 2012
Southampton
thanks for the fast response. do you know if its possible to untrip it, by restoring a stock, unrooted image? ive never had to RMA a product to samsung before and am not anticipating this happening, just want to make sure i can untrip it if possible.

it was possible to remove it on the s3 when it tripped by flashing a good , stock image.
As far as I know once Knox has been tripped there is no going back.

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
hey i download your link , and now my tablet ot working ?! can you help me to fix it !!!
please its realy force , or give me A ling to donwload android original version of this tablet .
i wanted to root it but its just hanging over loading in samsung logo
i reset default in rom mode . i reset and wiped cash and its just everything hanged on samsung logo .

What did you flash?

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
Does manually rooting using chainfires instructions and installing the latest TWRP on your own via the TWRP app supercede this cf-autoroot? I noticed its been a year since the OP was updated so that's why I ask. Thanks I'm on TWRP 2870, is that OK?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

BoJatey

Apr 16, 2012
Ortonville
Have the SM-T700. Running Lolli 5.0.2 and it wants to run an OTA update but I haven't let it yet. Flashed this with Odin 3.09. Everything seemed to go OK but no root. SU was installed but won't update the binary. Still have stock recovery. Read in the Q and A section that CF Auto may need to be updated but as I stated, I didn't take the OTA yet. I'm thinking I should flash the CF Auto combined with TWRP recovery as stated in a few comments back. Wanted to get some feedback first. Appreciate it.
Update: Rooted with CF Auto combined with TWRP recovery so all set.

Last edited:

Teridot

Oct 8, 2012
Hey guys need help.

I have tried every way out there. Just tried this method and superuser app has no binary so it wont open. Thats the same problem I had before. I noticed the recovery
mode takes me to stock recovery not the twrp. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I got everything installed and safe issue. wants to update the super user binary. I have tried to reinstall super user did not work. Also under the root checker app it says root access not properly installed.

Last edited:

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
I have tried every way out there. Just tried this method and superuser app has no binary so it wont open. Thats the same problem I had before. I noticed the recovery
mode takes me to stock recovery not the twrp. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I got everything installed and safe issue. wants to update the super user binary. I have tried to reinstall super user did not work. Also under the root checker app it says root access not properly installed.
This thread is outdated. There are working updated methods in the development section.

Reactions: SkOrPn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-AUTO Root
    By Chainfire
    Ported To the Tab S 8.4 By:mad:BeansTown106

First off, Huge Thanks to Chainfire for coming up with AutoRoot & for his SuperSU App

Warning: I cannot be held responsible for anything you do to your phone, rooting is optional! This Does Trip The Knox Warranty Bit Built into the Bootloader of the Tab S 10.5

How To Enter Download Mode
    Method 1: in command prompt or terminal on computer enter: adb reboot download
    Method 2:Turn Off Tablet, Hold Volume Down + Power. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Rooting Instructions
    1.Boot into Download mode (see methods above)
    2.Flash CF_AutoRoot_Port_T700_BeansTown106.tar.md5 with Odin v3.09 (put in AP slot, don't change any other settings, click start)
    3.Let it do its trick! Confirm root!
    4.Reboot into recovery mode and confirm stock recoverys presence
    That's all! Enjoy Root!

Download
    FILENAME: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358557670

Please Keep in Mind i dont have this tab but would LOVE to develop on it!

If you haven't already, pick up a copy of SuperSU Pro to support Chainfire! Well worth the $2.49! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu.pro&hl=en
    Worked like a charm.

FWIW: I had to hold down Power, Volume Down *and* Home to get to the Downloader.

Odin 3.09 can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2557972
    thank you beans !!

Was in the process of unpacking the cache.img (already modified recovery.img) to see what needed to be done.

You and Chainfire saved us a lot of time and allows us the true freedom of our device.

Now, off to build my kernel :)
    Hi. I bought tab s 8,4 lte and I can't boot in download mode. Pulse volume - and power and nothing.
    Pulse volume + + power and nothing.

You need to push POWER, VOL - and HOME together, at the same time, to enter download mode. Then you get the Warning screen and press VOL + to continue in download mode.

And by the way, if like me you try it and have nothing interesing to flash, you need to do the EXACT same thing to exit download mode !
    POWER, VOL - and HOME together to exit download mode... for about 8 to 10 seconds.

I usually pull the battery to exit download mode (GS3, GS4, etc), but I wasn't able to do it with this tablet :D

And to enter the recovery mode, you need to push POWER, VOL + and HOME together, at the same time. Once you see the boot screen, you release only the POWER button... With some practice, it gets easier...
    Not trying to be rude or sound like an ass, but seriously wondering. Why would one use autoroot to root any device? Wouldnt it just be as easy and more efficient to flash twrp via odin, then flash supersu. That way you also have a way to backup your system? What are the benefits to using the auto/cf-root method? Once again, not being sarcastic. I appreciate anything chainfire does, but i honestly see no benefit to using cf-autoroot. I have always installed TWRP first, via fastboot or odin, then flash supersu in it. To me, this seems the most logical way to do things. And, its more universal. Thanks

1. CF-AutoRoot was the first method to provide root here. The custom recoveries were a distant last.

2. There still will be some users who don't care for custom revovery, just to use their favorite root app. Not all are heavy tweakers, modders and flashaholics.