HDMI to TV - video, but no sound - anyone else?

Search This thread

akhan47

Oct 21, 2012
Tried a micro HDMI to HDMI adapter and a micro HDMI to HDMI lead but I also can't seem to get the sound working.

Jenkolux917

Dec 23, 2012
Hi there- . My nexus 10 plays movies with both picture and sound via HDMI to my samsung TV (2009 model- lcd) - no such luck with my Panasonic plasma of the same year- tried all HDMI inputs (3 in total) with no success. Tried 2 different cables with same result - picture but no sound on the Panasonic.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

covjohn123

Dec 25, 2012
nexus 10 to panasonic tv audio issue

Hi there- . My nexus 10 plays movies with both picture and sound via HDMI to my samsung TV (2009 model- lcd) - no such luck with my Panasonic plasma of the same year- tried all HDMI inputs (3 in total) with no success. Tried 2 different cables with same result - picture but no sound on the Panasonic.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

Is there a resolution to this? I'm having the same issues.

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
I can attach multiple HDMI aware products to my Samsung HDTV (plasma) without issue, I try the same devices and cables on my Parent's Panasonic HDTV (same model year) and nothing works. From what I read in multiple forums Panasonic either have na overly strict HDMI compliance specs or their HDMI ports simply suck. Just do a Google search with the term "Panasonic HDMI connection issues" and see this is a wide spread issue with their products.

I am sure some people do not have issues but it seems evident that they are on the low tolerance end for connectivity.

Phil NJ

Dec 27, 2012
I can attach multiple HDMI aware products to my Samsung HDTV (plasma) without issue, I try the same devices and cables on my Parent's Panasonic HDTV (same model year) and nothing works. From what I read in multiple forums Panasonic either have na overly strict HDMI compliance specs or their HDMI ports simply suck. Just do a Google search with the term "Panasonic HDMI connection issues" and see this is a wide spread issue with their products.

I am sure some people do not have issues but it seems evident that they are on the low tolerance end for connectivity.

Just got my Nexus and having similar issues. It doesn't play sound thru my Panasonic TVs but will play thru my Onkyo receiver connected thru my Samsung TV. My Xoom worked thru my Panasonic tvs too. Weird.

sharp910sh

Jan 14, 2009
I have tried another TV, a newer TV. It seems like my tv is old and uses hdmi 1.2 rather than 1.4. As a result, I get no sound. I shall be buying a new tv.

phipiper10

Jan 12, 2013
Also have no audio to new Panasonic TV via HDMI but does work with older vizio. Appears to be a Panasonic issue. Any successful Panny users? Mine is 2012 VT50.

xpuser

Apr 22, 2010
London
Also have no audio to new Panasonic TV via HDMI but does work with older vizio. Appears to be a Panasonic issue. Any successful Panny users? Mine is 2012 VT50.

I get no sound on my tv, a Panasonic TH42PZ81B, however I have tried it on a Panasonic tv at work and it works fine. I will try and find out the model number of the tv at work. However since its hung on a wall, it may not be possible.

leal33

Apr 18, 2007
same problem:

I've Panasonic UT30 (2011). I've reading that it has only the input 2 has channel for return audio. I don't think that it's the problem, but i'll check it

Paincake

Aug 15, 2012
Had the "no sound" problem on two tvs.
After reading a lot of threads I found the solution for me:

Start video first and THEN plug in hdmi cable.

Worked on Sony and Panasonic :)

malikalhaji

Jan 26, 2012
Was having this problem when I was on aokp after changing to paranoidandroid it just stopped

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which micro HDMI to HDMI cable did you try? Mind posting a link, I want to see if its the same one I have tried.

This one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0051YHVU2/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00
    It should never work, but it always does

Well, I have a Sony TV connected to a Sony AV system, so, when my wife wanted to watch a movie from Google Play, I got the Mediabridge micro to standard HDMI cable on Amazon.
    At first I forgot where the extra HDMI ports on the TV were (it's dark back there), and unplugged my satellite receiver and plugged in my N10. Nothing whatsoever, but at least I could still get DISH when I plugged it back in.
    The next day, when the light was better, I rediscovered the two other HDMI ports and plugged my N10 into one of them. Video, but no sound. I queried the Goog and read several threads on the topic, including this one, without getting a clear idea beyond plugging and starting Play Movies in various orders - still no joy.
    I even emailed Google Play support to call me and almost fell over when the phone rang a few seconds later. The fellow on the other end was eager enough, but he started by reading the same threads that I'd found.
    When he put me on hold to go ask someone else about it I recalled my days doing user support and after making sure that the cable was attached at BOTH ends, I decided to try the magical thought solution - power cycling the various bits.

In theory, it should never work, but in practice it almost always does - turns out that power cycling the AV system did the trick. The Google Play support guy said he'd make a note of it.

My theory is that the two way linkage TV <=> AV system got confused about where the TV was getting its audio input. Go figure. I have no guess as to why the TV never did produce a sound from its own speakers, but the sound was awesome through the AV system and the video was way better on the 55" screen than the 10" one. Hope this helps someone.
    Anyone tried with custom rom if there is sound?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

PAC and PA 4.3 both have sound on my TV. Panasonic.
    Did you have sound and video on the stock rom?

Sorry :( the stock ROM only lasted as long as I could take my N10 out of the box and plug it in to my PC to flash a custom ROM. Never tried it…