Can I control Google Music with Galaxy Gear?

Search This thread

amilgax

Mar 12, 2011
I want to control Google Music with my galaxy gear. I have stock Galaxy S4 and stock Galaxy Gear.

dkb218

Apr 16, 2006
Bronx by way of Brooklyn
From what I've found, whatever music player is currently running on your device at the time, the media controls on the Gear will control it,

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dan-SRi

Aug 16, 2010
Dorset
From what I've found, whatever music player is currently running on your device at the time, the media controls on the Gear will control it,

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Can agree with the above, have used MX player, Spotify, Google music and now stock samsung player. All works good.

tony yayo

Oct 15, 2010
Chicago
Not for me. Just tried it on Google Music and it turned on the stock music player and started playing from the first song in my files.

NuttyBunny

Feb 12, 2011
Mexico
It works when the player is actually playing something. If you pause then when you unpause it will use whatever default player you have, but it will work as long as you don't stop playing. Switching songs will work tho

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Garethmyles

Apr 10, 2014
Not anymore

I used to be able to control Google Play Music from the media controller however, after a firmware update at the end of Jan it no longer works. If I try to skip track it opens the Samsung music player and starts playing that. Annoying as this was one of the functions I really wanted, skip tracks whilst walking without having to dig your device out.