[Q] Tmobile Galaxy S4 Mobile Hotspot

Search This thread

arin777

Apr 13, 2014
Sup Guys, so I recently I rooted my phone thinking that I could find a fully working way that would let me get free wifi hotspot from tmobile. I have the 4G Nation Unlimited data plan which is supposed to give me 2.5 GB of Hotspot but it doesn't. So I called and asked tmobile and they said I can't this service cause I have "Grandfather Plan" so I have to upgrade my plan, which I'm not willing to do.

Anyways, does anyone know a hack that would let me bypass the wifi hotspot plan verification thing?

*I want to connect my Ipod touch 5th gen to the wifi

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
I'm kinda new to this? What is a VPN exactly and I heard that it slows down speed.

Oh and my hotspot doesn't even turn on because it says I don't have the wireless hotspot plan.

You'll need to use the Root method for enabling hotspot or download a custom ROM with native hotspot enabled. And only the free VPNs slow your speed. If you pay for a VPN then its not slowed (usually costs around 3 bucks a month for the VPN) A vpn will be the only way to get the itouch working as i don't think you are able to change the User Agent of the Safari browser on the itouch.

And Google will give you more and faster answers then waiting for a reply on here if you don't know what a VPN or User Agent is :)

arin777

Apr 13, 2014
You'll need to use the Root method for enabling hotspot or download a custom ROM with native hotspot enabled. And only the free VPNs slow your speed. If you pay for a VPN then its not slowed (usually costs around 3 bucks a month for the VPN) A vpn will be the only way to get the itouch working as i don't think you are able to change the User Agent of the Safari browser on the itouch.

And Google will give you more and faster answers then waiting for a reply on here if you don't know what a VPN or User Agent is :)

A custom ROM would takeout t mobiles hotspot agent out right? If I got a custom ROM do I still need to use a VPN to access the internet?

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
A custom ROM would takeout t mobiles hotspot agent out right? If I got a custom ROM do I still need to use a VPN to access the internet?

User agent checking is done on the T-Mobile's servers when they receive the data. Its impossible to stop that without a VPN. So you would still need the VPN to bypass that.

arin777

Apr 13, 2014
User agent checking is done on the T-Mobile's servers when they receive the data. Its impossible to stop that without a VPN. So you would still need the VPN to bypass that.

Oh, okay thx. Do you any custom ROMs that would help me? and can you please give me instruction of how to install it.

legato89

Apr 14, 2008
Sup Guys, so I recently I rooted my phone thinking that I could find a fully working way that would let me get free wifi hotspot from tmobile. I have the 4G Nation Unlimited data plan which is supposed to give me 2.5 GB of Hotspot but it doesn't. So I called and asked tmobile and they said I can't this service cause I have "Grandfather Plan" so I have to upgrade my plan, which I'm not willing to do.

Anyways, does anyone know a hack that would let me bypass the wifi hotspot plan verification thing?

Flash a ROM that has it bypassed, like Fenny's stock kitkat ROM. Tethering works fine for me on it.

Reactions: arin777

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just download "Wi-Fi tether router" it's $2 in the play store. It's the only working app that does hotspot through data rather than the hotspot plan. Or use a custom rom with a hacked hotspot built in.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Flash a ROM that has it bypassed, like Fenny's stock kitkat ROM. Tethering works fine for me on it.
    It's a hidden gem I found that will solve a TON of hotspot issues and all you have to do is be rooted.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk