anyone else notice the loose side?

Search This thread

android_geoff

Jan 26, 2009
I bought my xoom on launch day and love it but on the left side next to the volume buttons i get a creak sound and a loose feeling like the back cover is loose its right under the volume down button

i looked it up on google and saw someone else have the same problem but im not sure if i get another if its gonna feel the same way

Last edited:

Sirchuk

Jul 12, 2009
I didn't notice having a problem with this either but I'll be double checking it tonight..=)

android_geoff

Jan 26, 2009
its right where the back cover and edge of screen meet on the side with volume buttons

i bought it from best buy and there out of stock so i need to wait. luckily i have a 45 day return policy on it

keitht

Dec 21, 2005
Delray Beach, FL
I bought my xoom on launch day and love it but on the left side next to the volume buttons i get a creak sound and a loose feeling like the back cover is loose its right under the volume down button

i looked it up on google and saw someone else have the same problem but im not sure if i get another if its gonna feel the same way

No such issue here. Go check a demo unit to compare. I think you need to return it.

ilogik

May 27, 2006
Plastic on top bends and creeks on mine...

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

eallan

Apr 23, 2010
Saw this in a search, same problem here. Is this really not a common issue? It's terrible when you pick up your $800 tablet and it makes an awful noise like it's going to break.

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
Noticed a gap in mine today before seeing this thread. What bothers me most is the creak/crack if I press a particular part of the screen. (Jump button in Cordy) .

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

eallan

Apr 23, 2010
Noticed a gap in mine today before seeing this thread. What bothers me most is the creak/crack if I press a particular part of the screen. (Jump button in Cordy) .

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

The creak is absolutely annoying.

I think i may just buy a transformer and take the xoom back and save $400.

Sigh.

eallan

Apr 23, 2010
I know mine has made this noise before but it comes and goes. Its a bit annoying but doesn't seem to be consistently happening.

If you find the area, you won't be able to ignore it.

Try this: Go to the metal part on the left side where it starts below the volume/plastic, put your thumb on the edge and "pry" that area away from the glass (towards the back) report back with noise.

subminimal

Oct 15, 2010
Kansas City
If you find the area, you won't be able to ignore it.

Try this: Go to the metal part on the left side where it starts below the volume/plastic, put your thumb on the edge and "pry" that area away from the glass (towards the back) report back with noise.

Turns out it didn't matter. I ended up taking my wifi xoom back and exchanged it for another one. My original started showing dust under the screen! Looked on here and seems to be one of many occurrences...

eallan

Apr 23, 2010
Turns out it didn't matter. I ended up taking my wifi xoom back and exchanged it for another one. My original started showing dust under the screen! Looked on here and seems to be one of many occurrences...

Nice, my power button only works 1/3 of the time at the most, so it's likely getting exchanged anyway, maybe returned.