2.1 Leak [WILL DISABLE ROOT]

Search This thread

RiverRunner

Mar 4, 2010
i proud to anounce 2.1 rom eris. sorry for bad speak my english not good. i from china, work for htc there and they give me this. sorry, this only thing can i get for you. thanks.

Mod edit: Original link fixed and patched link added. ;)

original unpatched link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ycd4wwm12gx

patched link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/frqze0

Mod edit: This will remove any CURRENT chance to root your device. Do not flash if you want to root.

Last edited by a moderator:

zifnab06

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2009
zifnab06.net
I'm mildly skeptical as well. Sadly, I'm going to wait for someone else to brick their phone first...if the update even passes sign checks. Sorry, don't believe it :D

rvpartsguy

Jan 29, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
i am downloading it now, even though i don't have the slightest clue what to do with it.....once someone says its the real thing then i will look for help....

Captainkrtek

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 16, 2010
Seattle
i am downloading it now, even though i don't have the slightest clue what to do with it.....once someone says its the real thing then i will look for help....

if you want to test put it on your sd card in your phone then place the card back in your phone and boot it up by holding power and call, pretty easy from there

CaddymanLNL

Feb 25, 2008
Middletown, DE.
no you hold volume down and power when booting after putting the zip in the root of your sd card

hboot will show up white with green text

let it run, tell it to install, follow the steps done.

Last edited:

powerpup118

Dec 29, 2009
Mines done downloading, but I dunno if I wanna try it :S can we restore back if it's buggy or something? XD

Snakehn

Apr 30, 2009
twice i tried to download this and the file is corrupted, or is it me?

using windows 7

jlampson

Mar 4, 2010
I was able to download it but am looking for input from other members prior to putting this on my only currently working phone. Viva la 2.1 (maybe)!!!!

John

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With as many bugs as have been reported here and on other forums (besides the obvious apps that won't work with 2.1 yet), do you really think that this is THE rom that will eventually be the OTA update? I would think some of this would be fixed first, possibly why it isn't out officially yet