[APP][2.1+] D7 Reader (Feedly|RSS) v2.2.7 [30th July 2013]

Search This thread

TieNN89

Aug 7, 2010
Brisbane, QLD
Can you explain more? Are you after swipe gestures to read/unread articles in the list?

Yeah I found the read and unread article thing in the settings but I was after a read/unread button within the article when you're reading the article.
But now that I think about it, it's just as easy for me to go back and then swipe over the article to unread it anyway.

So don't worry about that function.

But I was thinking you've got read/unread when swipe over the article in the list. I was thinking if you could put in another option where swiping would mark all visible items as read/unread.

That way I could set one of the swipe function to mark as read/unread and the other as mark all visible items as read/unread

XlAfbk

Aug 11, 2010
Why would anyone want to share a link without even opening it? Trying to clarify the use case myself.
Usecase is not sharing it with people but giving it to an external app. All I can do with links now is click them to open in browser. What I want to be able to do is send it to Pocket/Evernote/Mobilizer. Currently the way I do that is either a) star the item and later at home add the link to Pocket/... manually or b) Pocket/... the item itself, then later on open it in Pocket and from there on save the contained link. Both not very comfortable.

droidlab7

Apr 3, 2011
Usecase is not sharing it with people but giving it to an external app. All I can do with links now is click them to open in browser. What I want to be able to do is send it to Pocket/Evernote/Mobilizer. Currently the way I do that is either a) star the item and later at home add the link to Pocket/... manually or b) Pocket/... the item itself, then later on open it in Pocket and from there on save the contained link. Both not very comfortable.

That makes sense. I think a setting "show sharing options for link clicks" in preference can be used to override the default behaviour of opening the links in browser/mobilizer.

I will consider this for adding in a future release.

XlAfbk

Aug 11, 2010
Thanks.

However from a UX point of view I'd say having it show on long-click (and short-click opening the link) would be better. The menu could then also include options to mobilize inside D7.

skobiyan

Mar 19, 2012
Thank you

d7,

I just wanted to thank you for adding support for inoreader in your recent release. Now I have (what I consider) the best RSS reader working with the best (IMHO) RSS aggregator service.

Win!

montix

Feb 27, 2009
I came back to D7 after a months with feedly.
I think its lightness and speed are absolutely great :)
Thanks to developers.

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk

skobiyan

Mar 19, 2012
Is anyone else using this app with InoReader experiencing an issue where Marking All As Read not working?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 4

XlAfbk

Aug 11, 2010
While this app hasn't received any update in ages it's still my favorite RSS (feedly) reader. So I spend a little time giving it a Materialish look (feedly launcher icon, material toolbar icons, green highlighting) and also optimizing it for my needs (share only to Pocket, remove tags, ..). Screenshots attached.
If anyone is interested in this please PM me and I'll happily share my customizations. Some knowledge on apktool recommended.

Attachments

• d7_list.jpg
    d7_list.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 118
  • d7_read.jpg
    d7_read.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: thangcuoi

d4nyl0

Nov 27, 2010
Can't find on market

Hi,

What's happened to D7 Reader Free/Pro?
I can't find neither of them on the market.
Bye.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This project was started (read below for more details) as a Google Reader client app for Android. After the shutdown of Google Reader on 1st of July, the app was enhanced to support Feedly cloud and The Old Reader services. This list will grow and more services will be supported in the future.

I want to introduce my android application to the XDA community in the hope that it will be useful for like minded people and to get constructive feedback to improve the app.

D7 Reader

I have been using the web based Google Reader on my Android phone for long and I have tried several native applications in the market, which sync with Google reader, including the official one. However, I was not satisfied with any of them because of the below reasons.

• All the apps want to sync in the background and store all articles offline (who wants to download those 1000 articles which were published a month ago, wasting the precious bandwidth)
    • The sync has always been an issue - I read article in the app and half an hour later I check the web based reader, that article wasn't marked as read
    • I couldn't do all the actions which I do in the web based Google reader (e.g.: add/remove subscription, label/tag management, article search, view shared articles, etc)
    • No app is instantly usable - initial sync may take up to an hour and this happens on a regular (scheduled sync) basis
    • Most of the apps are slow on my Galaxy S

So, I wanted to make a Google Reader app for my own needs and the result is "D7 Google Reader".

Below are details of the app.

D7 Reader: the fastest RSS Reader app for Android

rss | atom | news | podcast | video

A simple, fast and powerful Google Reader client for Android, enables you to access your reading list and manage your subscriptions with ease from a native application. The app keeps all the stuff in sync with Google Reader, always, without the need for a scheduled sync. It supports listening to podcasts or downloading them for later use and watching embedded video using the youtube app.

D7 Reader is an online app and it does support offline reading when the articles are explicitly saved (locally) by the user.

kw: rss atom podcast google reader news feed subscription share newspaper search

Main features

• Much faster than official Google Reader app
    • No Lags (specially on Galaxy S devices)
    • Google username/password NOT required
    • Multiple account support; switch between accounts on the fly
    • Utilizes low network traffic
    • Podcast support (download/play)
    • View mobilized articles
    • Add new subscription directly from the browser
    • Search for articles (powered by Google) within your subscriptions
    • Feed discovery and subscription (search for feeds using keywords)
    • Recommended articles from Google
    • Theme support (dark/light)
    • Support for multiple sharing options: Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Email, SMS and Pocket (Reader It Later) and Readability.
    • Support for embedded video playback

Features

• A dashboard with quick access links to your reader
      - Reading list/Subscriptions/Starred/Read articles
      - Recommended articles
      - Feed search
      - Saved articles
      - Preferences
    • Clean and friendly subscriptions management
      - Tree structure for labels/tags and subscriptions
      - Add new subscription (by feed search or direct add)
      - Remove subscription
      - Add/Remove labels to/from subscriptions
      - Rename label
      - Delete a label
      - Search for articles within labels/tags and subscriptions
    • Articles list view with the ability to choose between show all or new items (configurable in preferences)
      - Add/remove star
      - Keep-unread/Undo Keep-unread
      - Mark all as read
      - Search for articles
      - Swipe (left/right) to mark/unmark as read (or configure a custom action)
      - Add to Read It Later/ Readability
    • Recommended articles list
      - Personalized by Google
      - Subscribe to the feeds from the recommended items
    • Article view with support for sharing and social web
      - Better mobile readability and user experience (horizontal scrolling is not necessary for most articles)
      - Volume key navigation (set in preferences) or using on screen buttons
      - Add/remove star
      - Keep-unread/Undo Keep-unread
      - Share via Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Email or SMS
      - Add to Pocket (Read It Later) and Readability
      - Swipe (left/right) to navigate between articles (when enabled in preferences)
      - View original article in browser
      - Save article offline to read later
      - listen to podcasts or download for later use
      - Mobilize original article (Mobilizers: Instapaper/Readability/Google)
      - Support for embedded video in articles
    • Offline items
      - a list of saved (sd card) articles
      - listen to downloaded podcasts
    • Home screen Widget with unread count display
      - Refresh interval can be configured
      - Does not update when the phone is in stand by (save battery power)
    • Configurable cache clear on exit (preferences)
    • And many more

Screen shots
    home.jpgsubs_dark.jpg
    feedlist_dark.jpgarticle_dark.jpg
    browser_subscribe.jpgarticle_podcast.jpg
    feed_search.jpgfeedlist_light.jpg

The app has been published in the Android market as an ad-supported free version. A paid version with additional features is also made available. Below are the QR codes for you to download app direct from the market.

D7 Reader (free version)
    QR_Code.png

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.droidlab7.reader

D7 Reader (paid version)
    qr_code.png

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.droidlab7.reader.pro
    D7 Reader 2.2.4

Alright, I'm back with the Good news! Hope you will enjoy this!

D7 Reader with Feedly cloud support has been released in Google Play (it may take sometime to appear). The new version will require you to login to Feedly via OAuth, you can still use the same Google account for OAuth.

D7 Reader integration to Feedly cloud will make you enjoy seamless transition from Google Reader to Feedly cloud.

There is no visual changes to the app however a lot work has been done in integrating to Feedly cloud. The app features should be the same as before. Please report any bugs either in here or directly via email.

You can still bring in your subscriptions from Google Reader to Feedly. To do so, you need to login to Feedly via web and import the OPML file that you got from Google Takeout.

Change log for version 2.2.4
    • Integrated with Feedly cloud after the shutdown of Google Reader.
    • Few minor fixes will be done in another update.

Happy reading with D7 Reader!
    looks nice on first test, but one major issue: to open an article in browser i first have to open that menu and then click the browser button. should be a single click on the headline, way too annoying this way.

and also that check for ad blocking hosts file is quite annoying. If i like the app i'll buy it but please let me test the free version in advance without changing my system config. Show red annoying boxes instead of the ads when ads are blocked, that's ok, but please don't force me to disable my ad blocker which will in turn enable ads on all websites
    since earlier today it says in the play store listing:
    *** Currently working with Feedly to keep this app alive after the Google Reader shut down ***
    New version 1.8

I'm here with a new update with some nice features. Most prominent is the dashboard icons and the layout. All actions are possible with one click from this new home screen (but I want your feedback on the colour though).

Another useful feature is the tags support for the articles; That is, you can add tags to articles and access articles for specific tags from Subscripts view.

Here is the change log for version 1.8

• Enhanced Dashboard with all icons visible
    • Enhanced subscriptions view (no more "[NO LABELS]" label]
    • Speed improvements
    • Fixed the video not fit to width bug
    • Add/remove tags for articles
    • Improvement in article list view display
    • More toast messages to keep the user informed about sync
    • Minor bug fixes