[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v. 2.1.9

Search This thread

tshephard

Oct 28, 2008
Richmond
Hey - old, paid user... - maybe N7?

Anyway, rebuilt my Nexus 6 and some app store programs that were just working were now now compatible with some of my devices - maybe 10 out of 60.
Thought maybe security stuff - so went to relock my bootloader from playing low ago.

So, I went back to wug.
At 7.1.1
Toolkit would NOT remove existing unlock., slider unslid, but greyyed out ,text said already unlocked.
Went back to 6.0.0, relock worked fine.
Upgraded through toolkit to 7.1.1, same problem - toolkit could not change unlock.
So....
Back to 6.0.0, relocked, and used OTA system to upgrade back to 7.1.1.
Seems to have stayyed locked.

So V2.1.9 does not deal with my 7.1.1 relock.

Any clues as to why some just used apps would be rejected after rebuild?

THX!

taa2

Aug 22, 2011
Hi,

TL;DR: Using NRT to make an Android backup (.ab) file, it shows "0 MB" backed up.

Attempting to root a Nexus 7 2013 stock 4.4.4, NRT v2.1.9 on Windows 10. It's a refurbished unit from eBay so the only thing I've done is run through the normal setup on the device to link it to my gmail address, enabled airplane mode via the NRT instructions, went through the NRT Initial Setup (Full Driver Installation Guide...) selecting the recommended option #1 (Google drivers), rebooted my PC. Device System update says 5.0.2 is available but I'd like to keep it on 4.4.4 in order to test some older Android apps.

Before unlocking the bootloader, I tried doing the backup with both "include" options checked:

1632687265399.png

1632687353452.png

1632687482508.png

I also tried with both "include" options UNchecked and got the same "0 MB" file size:

1632687658538.png

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• NRT_Log_09-26-2021_13-24-for-xda.txt
    779 bytes · Views: 57

keneth_c

Feb 16, 2013
Dubai
@taa2
Sorry haven't used the Toolkit in a while now.
And definitely didn't do a backup before unlocking bootloader and rooting.

Have a feeling the backup option will only work once u have unlocked the bootloader and prolly rooted the device.

taa2

Aug 22, 2011
@taa2
Sorry haven't used the Toolkit in a while now.
And definitely didn't do a backup before unlocking bootloader and rooting.

Have a feeling the backup option will only work once u have unlocked the bootloader and prolly rooted the device.
Thanks for the reply. The ADB-based backup -- which according to the always-on-top "NRT Live Log" is what is being done -- is publicized as not needing root and not needing an unlocked bootloader.

NRT encourages doing a backup before unlocking and rooting:
1632761469424.png

keneth_c

Feb 16, 2013
Dubai
you all do realize that wugfresh has not been touched since the 2016 time frame, correct?
Yes I'm aware.

But for the device and the Android version he is on, the Toolkit should work I assume.

Honestly I didn't make a backup before I unlocked the bootloader. I didn't feel the need to. Apologies can't help with the backup.

Maybe use a 3rd party tool like 'Super Backup' to make an initial backup ?!

taa2

Aug 22, 2011
I choose the su/xbin destination, but busybox won't install, says "Systemless root is not configured"
So I just rooted my Nexus 7 2012 and am still using the stock Android 5.1.1 ROM.

The BusyBox installer defaults to an installation path of /system/xbin, but says "Free space unavailable for: /system/xbin". NRT recommends choosing a location of "/su/xbin", but that gives an error message: "Systemless root is not configured, please choose another install location."

FWIW, my Nexus 7 2013 (build KTU84P) with stock Android 4.4.4 also would not let me change the BusyBox path to "/su/xbin" and I got the same systemless root message. But my Nexus 7 2013 (build MOB30X) with stock Android 6.0.1 defaulted to "/su/xbin" so I didn't have to do anything.

ElNexus7

Oct 18, 2021
-so super late to this but my tablet after many years has given me issues, screen rotation is dead, to fix it I restart it and it gets back to portrait mode. saw a vid about the tape to push a white ribbon wire.. maybe just order a new one & tape? pushing the wire manually didn't do squat.
-Also with this repair kit I ran the drivers got a successful test. Reading but not sure if my tablet that is running 6.0.1 can have a newer OS be loaded if jailbroken..?
- If not would a super factory data wipe maybe help?
Not buying a new tablet I just use it for youtube n honestly good reason to dive into the software side of things. thanks for any help folks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

https%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FGjk3UTsOYMSzkx4KT3SZlCiruqY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FGDhJYE8.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FpzfGGfwJWl0dnds_9og1tODaVzU%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252Fq1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Hey, great work! Have you ever thought about making a mac or linux port? I'd really love to help you make one!

Email me: stevepink8@gmail.com
    For those of you who have 1.5.5 already, the 1.6.0 update package is officially live now. I am updating my site right now with new information and the full version.

I was able to do everything I set out to do in this release. Support for the Nexus 10, 4, new 3G Nexus 7. 4.2.0 support, and what I spent the most time on - a fully web backed system, that autograbs the latest files the toolkit needs, and populates everything from text files I maintain on the web, making keeping the toolkit updated with the latest files nearly instantaneous.

Lots more info coming. Enjoy ^_^

p.s. thank you all for your patience.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Working on it now. Been really busy though with another project though; https://capsules.io/ks.html

I will try my best to get the toolkit updated asap in my limited free time. There are some other changes/updates I need to integrate as well, but not too many. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

Coding went pretty smooth this round. v1.8.3 is up. (Yes, it supports 4.4.3)

Enjoy ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Ok, so my coding is going really well today. I really think I will be done tonight. Yay!

A word to the wise though; The program now uses Goo.im as the backend for everything because my host just couldn't handle it. They were nice enough to allocate me a large quantity of direct downloads (more than enough) through the program, but there is a daily cap; 30 per day per unique IP. That said, triggering a check for update, will register as a download because it downloads a small text file. So I recommend against checking for updates repeatedly today because your IP will get blocked and when the update is actually out later tonight you won't be able to use the updater, and will have to download the full version.

That said, the full version is going to be SIGNIFICANTLY smaller. The toolkit will now be entirely backed by an automated file list on the web. This means, the toolkit will only grab the files it needs. So if you only have a Gnex, it won't come with all the files for every single nexus device, but rather.. it will download them when you select that in the toolkit (if it doesn't detect them already in the local directory).

The device and build lists will now be populated from a text file that the toolkit can grab from the web. That means, in the future when a new build comes out, I can make it so the toolkit self updates within 20 minutes with everything it needs, and that build will be listed. Same goes for autoupdating CWM, TWRP, and SuperSU. The toolkit will therefore will always be up to date with the latest files. And I wont have to go crazy hard coding all of this like I have been.

Ok.. Back to coding for me. Thank you all for your patience. The slight delays in this release will ultimately speed up all future updates forever. ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}