Wireless Charging

Search This thread

treadwayj

Nov 7, 2009
Pike Road
Sweet! That's good! I'm trying to decide if I want to get that case or if I want to wait for more to come out and decide then.

they have that case, the case that includes the holster (like the one for the rezound) and otterbox is making a case. i e-mailed trident cases to see if they will be making one since i like all the customizing you can do with them

serpentine009

Sep 13, 2010
I emailed Incipio, and this is the response I got. This disappoints me, because I love their Feather case.

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we do not have any plans at the moment to release cases for the HTC Droid DNA. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Kind Regards,

Hien N.
Customer Service Team
Incipio Technologies
800-733-0088
support@incipio.com

dsb9938

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2010
Edison, NJ
Okay, so I ended up taking the pad I got back.

The beep didn't bother me at all when I set the phone down. But later on in the night, when the phone got charged, then ran down and started charging again, it beeped again. Every five minutes.

No go for me.

I ordered the Nokia one from VZW, we'll see how well it works.

D

Reactions: eleazar123

luke1333

Aug 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio

The beep didn't bother me at all when I set the phone down. But later on in the night, when the phone got charged, then ran down and started charging again, it beeped again. Every five minutes.

No go for me.

D

no way to turn that off?

treadwayj

Nov 7, 2009
Pike Road

No go for me.

D

if you dont mind, let us know how that one works, since i am still looking for one for home

ML417

Jul 26, 2012
Long Island, NY
Anyone considered any of the other nokia products? i saw a charging pillow and charging stand. The stand might be useful is the phone would line up correctly on it, not sure if it will though

gatorguy

Has anybody tried the Energizer pads? Do any of the brands have any quality/feature improvements over others? I'm not as worried about price as I am quality and I'm trying to determine which will be the "best" one for me.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

if you dont mind, let us know how that one works, since i am still looking for one for home

+1

I'm also interested in hearing how the new one works compared to the first.

tdetroit

Sep 17, 2008
Detroit, MI
I got the LG Charger when I got my phone this morning and the phone fits on it perfectly. Not sure why people say it's bulky......

weasel0x00

Oct 15, 2011
Has anybody tried the Energizer pads? Do any of the brands have any quality/feature improvements over others? I'm not as worried about price as I am quality and I'm trying to determine which will be the "best" one for me.

I bought two of the energizer pads... I'll post some photos of the device charging when FedEx finally makes their delivery...

BFirebird101

Feb 10, 2011
Bought the one from LG. Seems to be charging sloooioooow

Sent from my Droid DNA. 1080p never looked so sweet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Car Dock with Qi charging for DNA...

All, we here at iBOLT have been testing a new and soon-to-be announced car-dock with integrated Qi charging designed for the DNA (and also all other HTC phones). I've been driving around with it today, literally. We'll make sure that a link is posted here in this thread as soon as we can share photos and specs (about a week or so). So far it works very well without case and also with a gel case or a 1-layered hard case. However, when tested with a super heavy case that has both a hard shell then a rubber cover the wireless charging doesn't reach all the way to the phone, or it is very weak. Our concept for this car-dock is to start the car-mode with an NFC tag so you can use the very nice integrated HTC car-mode app or download an after-market solution like CarHome Ultra. Or, you can just program the NFC tag to start your favorite app and connect to Bluetooth (for example).

No MSRP price yet but figure a price similar to a car dock + the charging pad as it's the same components baked into one. We'll do our best to keep it low. A very cool end user experience I must say, just dock the phone with a 1-hand motion and it is charging and it goes into car mode... Stay tuned:)
    I just picked up a wireless charging pad from my VZW store.

I love it!

I can now just set my phone on the nightstand next to the bed and not have to worry about plugging it in.

Thank you HTC for finally making this built in, and not an option!

D

Orb is working great on my DNA even with the diztronic case on it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
    I'm thinking of getting one. Which is the best for around $60. Was thinking of getting the one for the n4

I originally purchased the LG charging pad, for my DNA.

It works great, but I was tempted to try out the Nokia vertical charger, which charges your phone while keeping in upright.

I found the Nokia charger at a local AT&T store, and decided to spring for it. Costs about $70.

There are two advantages to the Nokia Wireless Charging Stand, in my opinion, over the LG pad, or other pads.

First, it takes up much less space on your desk or dresser. The pads need to be approximately the size of your cell phone, while the stand only needs room for a base, to hold the phone upright.

2nd, I downloaded Ady Clock from Google Play, a free app, which displays a clock with monthly calendar below it, along with battery level, sunrise/sunset times, and an alarm, all in dark blue against a black backdrop, to minimize battery drain!

This FREE app can be configured so that whenever I place my DNA on the Nokia Charging Stand, the phone launches and displays the Ady Clock clock/calendar! I can also configure it to either remain on indefinitely, or turn off after a limited time period, so that my phone charges more quickly!

While the LG charger works great, and charged my phone fine, my DNA basically just laid flat on my desk while charging! With the Nokia charger, my phone now doubles as a calendar clock and alarm clock while charging!

Whether or not these added benefits are worth the extra, approx. $20, to you, you'll have to decide.

I've been able to charge my DNA with the Diztronic case, as well as the Ballistic case, on both chargers. They're not the fastest chargers, (I placed my DNA on the Nokia tonight, at 7:30pm, with 13% charge, and it's now at 66% charge, over three hours later), but being I generally place my DNA on the charger right before I go to bed, it hasn't really been an issue.

LOVE not having to plug and unplug USB cables! Hope this helps you decide...

accessories-4372a-450x350.png

3L7I6_aeOZckPhPg2FxKpUvSXrT6Rql9S0b5hYCQuwwpnE-_f-T6FjthfseUGMsL6fsU
    Long Term Use

I have read that wireless charging causes the battery to get warmer than corded charging. I wonder since this is a non-replaceable battery will that effect the overall life of the battery. Is anyone else worried about long term use of a charging pad. I love the idea but wonder if it will cause issues later on.