[ROM][KRT16M] Google Android KitKat 4.4 geeb [AOSP]

Search This thread

MiZrY

Dec 15, 2011
California
hey guys! I just flashed this rom and lost the root. I tried to install superuser and it's not installing due to binary not upto date or something. I came from rootbox rom. Please help.

Manually installed Phil's cwm. Directions are in the link on his thread.

Also I had to install busybox to get root apps to work. This can be easily done from the busy box app in play store after supersu is flashed.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using xda app-developers app

MiZrY

Dec 15, 2011
California
It would seem with launcher3 Google now features do not work. "OK Google" is not recognized and the settings option accessed from the menu hardware button does nothing.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Just uninstall it using TiBu (mentioned in Houston's original thread by someone, sorry) and reinstall from Play Store.

This will indeed fix the FC problem, but the calendar will not sync without that file. My calendar sync settings will not stick.

br0adband

Mar 28, 2008
houstonn this is why I love your work. You are one of the only devs that I have seen that gets things out this quick. Thank you for all of the hard work man, I am download right now and I can't wait to flash this bad boy. Though I do have a question. Does this have the navbar installed, and if it does can you deactivate it?

There are no onscreen nav buttons; just the native capacitive ones on the LGOG are functional.

Some notes:

- with the V2 build NFC was something I could disable/enable by checkbox, and I did disable it almost immediately because within a minute of first installing that build I checked the battery usage and it was pulling 27%!!! However, in the V3 build the NFC is enabled and ghosted - it can't be disabled and it just chugs that battery for whatever reason so it needs to be addressed I suppose

- the ART thing is known so I'm not going to even bother enabling it at this point or else I'll find myself with 100+ FCs when I reboot; I'm sure that'll work itself out as time passes and more is learned about ART (the newer compiler that is set to replace Dalvik)

Aside from that everything seems to be working that I can test. I don't use Bluetooth much so someone else can report on that aspect, Wi-Fi connects fast and seems fine. Still can't get my damned LTE on T-Mobile but that's another thread or two all by itself and not related to this ROM at all. Screenshots are working fine (some below), no visual tearing noted with the newer kernel houstonn created, etc. Funny thing is that

If you want to add widgets, tap Menu from the Home screen and select it - there's no way to get to it from the apps menu anymore, must be a change in KitKat I suppose.

When you tap Menu from the Home screen you'll see Wallpapers/Widgets/Settings - Settings doesn't actually open the full settings menu, it opens the Search & Now card settings (I guess that's Google Now related stuff that I don't use). So to get to the actual settings, it's either Home then the Settings icon in the apps drawer, or pull down from the Notification bar and select the icon as usual.

That's all I've noted for this build so far... thanks again, houstonn. :D

Reactions: ¶ha€dru$

MiZrY

Dec 15, 2011
California
There are no onscreen nav buttons; just the native capacitive ones on the LGOG are functional.

Some notes:

- with the V2 build NFC was something I could disable/enable by checkbox, and I did disable it almost immediately because within a minute of first installing that build I checked the battery usage and it was pulling 27%!!! However, in the V3 build the NFC is enabled and ghosted - it can't be disabled and it just chugs that battery for whatever reason so it needs to be addressed I suppose

I was able to disable NFC. Some times on the first boot after flashing a new ROM on this device, you have to disable NFC and then reboot for the setting to stick. Also disable beam before disabling NFC.

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
I was able to disable NFC. Some times on the first boot after flashing a new ROM on this device, you have to disable NFC and then reboot for the setting to stick. Also disable beam before disabling NFC.

^^ This....

br0adband

Mar 28, 2008
I get all that, but it was never an option to disable it - ever since I installed V3 about 1.5 hours ago, the NFC/Android beam option has been ghosted and non-selectable. I figured "Ok, even though I can't select it I'll tap it anyway then reboot..." and still it shows checked, still it shows the NFC service running, and still it is chugging away that battery.

Will probably reflash here in a bit and check it out a second time and see what happens.

OMGMatrix

Apr 16, 2011
NFC works fine for me (clean flashed v2 with NFC fix, dirty flashed v3).

My only issue is with Calendar. I uninstalled it and resintalled from the market, but when I open it, it prompts me to sign in, and then refuses to do so.

Edit: One other thing, BetterBatteryStats doesn't seem to want to work, it just gives me an error reading "The 'batteryinfo' service could not be accessed. If this error persists after a reboot please contact the dev and provide your ROM/Kernel versions". I googled around a bit, and it seems like a common thing with Kitkat.

Has anyone else encountered this, or, Has anyone Not gotten an error trying to run BBS?

Last edited:
Reactions: shane9b3

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
I get all that, but it was never an option to disable it - ever since I installed V3 about 1.5 hours ago, the NFC/Android beam option has been ghosted and non-selectable. I figured "Ok, even though I can't select it I'll tap it anyway then reboot..." and still it shows checked, still it shows the NFC service running, and still it is chugging away that battery.

Will probably reflash here in a bit and check it out a second time and see what happens.

When you try to uncheck NFC, it looks like it's freezing up and doesn't do anything. It still shows checked but greyed out. Reboot.

MiZrY

Dec 15, 2011
California
NFC works fine for me (clean flashed v2 with NFC fix, dirty flashed v3).

My only issue is with Calendar. I uninstalled it and resintalled from the market, but when I open it, it prompts me to sign in, and then refuses to do so.

Edit: One other thing, BetterBatteryStats doesn't seem to want to work, it just gives me an error reading "The 'batteryinfo' service could not be accessed. If this error persists after a reboot please contact the dev and provide your ROM/Kernel versions". I googled around a bit, and it seems like a common thing with Kitkat.

Has anyone else encountered this, or, Has anyone Not gotten an error trying to run BBS?

For the calendar issue just select not now when it asks to sign in. You will have access to calendar but sync will now work. I believe certain sync files are missing.

As for apps like BBS, I'm sure many apps may not work for 4.4 yet. It's usually always like that for a few weeks after a major os upgrade as the app devs need to add support for them to work.

Firreath

Jun 17, 2012
How do I set my lockscreen wallpaper separate of my home screen. I can't find the option.

Edit: Also does this ROM support LTE or do I need to download a radio?

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

autosurgeon

Feb 3, 2011
Lawrence
If you want to fix calendar sync here is a link to the missing apk. All I did was download and install it and now my calendar syncs correctly.

Note I had uninstalled the system version of the calendar via titanium backup and installed the playstore version prior to doing this so I have no idea if this will work on the system calendar or not.

https://app.box.com/s/1hr2klg08fhruob7su9d

Sent from my LG Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MiZrY

Dec 15, 2011
California
How do I set my lockscreen wallpaper separate of my home screen. I can't find the option.

Edit: Also does this ROM support LTE or do I need to download a radio?

This ROM is a basic as it gets. So it probably does not have that feature.

As long as you have a LTE capable radio and the correct apns, LTE should work unless you have T-Mobile... Then its hit or miss. Regardless LTE should have nothing to do with the ROM.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

If you want to fix calendar sync here is a link to the missing apk. All I did was download and install it and now my calendar syncs correctly.

Note I had uninstalled the system version of the calendar via titanium backup and installed the playstore version prior to doing this so I have no idea if this will work on the system calendar or not.

https://app.box.com/s/1hr2klg08fhruob7su9d

Sent from my LG Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Confirmed works. Thanks buddy. :thumbup:

Firreath

Jun 17, 2012
This ROM is a basic as it gets. So it probably does not have that feature.

As long as you have a LTE capable radio and the correct apns, LTE should work unless you have T-Mobile... Then its hit or miss. Regardless LTE should have nothing to do with the ROM.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Confirmed works. Thanks buddy. :thumbup:

Where can I download a radio that works with this ROM for the e970 that gives lte

br0adband

Mar 28, 2008
Where can I download a radio that works with this ROM for the e970 that gives lte

If you're using AT&T or whatever the stock JB AT&T radio should (and does) still work fine. If you're using T-Mobile, as just noted above, it's hit or miss - there are a few people including myself that had and I repeat HAD LTE working with my/our T-Mobile service, for a short period of time, using the stock JB AT&T radio on the device just by adding the proper APN for T-Mobile (fast.t-mobile.com) and then for some unknown reason we can't figure out it just stops working after a random period of time.

So, again, if you're using T-Mobile, you may or may not get T-Mobile LTE working with any given radio (as long it supports LTE, that is), there's no way to know without trying I suppose. The stock JB AT&T radio on my LGOG picks up the T-Mobile LTE RAT but won't do anything with it anymore... :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    original.png

AOSP Google Android KitKat 4.4 for LG Optimus G E970 E973 E971

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

Download Rom
    Download Gapps
    Download SuperSu

make sure you do a Clean fresh install

flash ROM
    flash GAPPS - pa_gapps or Banks Gapps
    flash supersu

you can wipe cache and wipe dalvik after flashes as well

Google's Open Source for kitkat 4.4 (stock aosp built from google sources)

If you like and enjoy my work please rate this thread and don't forget to hit the thanks as many countless hours goes into this

DOWNLOAD HERE

Thanks
    @IOMonster - for everything he does
    @chadouming
    @xboxfanj
    @dvhexer
    @Shelnutt2
    @autoprime - all his efs magic on LG phones
    @slick_rick
    @ayysir
    all my testers and supporters

sources
    google
    paranoidandroid
    my sources
    Canadian LGOG E973/E971 - u need to flash the Canadian nfc fix.. u can find it somewhere on these fourms.

International LGOG E975/E976/E977 - you'll need to flash this kernel after you flash rom and gapps . it would be the last flash. it'll have working 13mp cam ( you'll probably need the nfc fix and you might need to edit your gps.conf and maybe APNS too.

version 1 - intial release - Nov 1

version 2 - fixed wifi

version 3 - fixed external sd support.- Nov.2

there's 3 versions of GAPPS.. . I would use the PA_GAPPS.. the other is just google_gapps and doesn't include new Hangouts whereas the PA_GAPPS has the new hangouts included.. also there's 4.4 Banks Gapps

latest Banks 4.4 Standard Gapps fixes the Calender Sync issue people are having. thanks @MiZrY

I've included a flashable kernel.. you wouldn't need to flash that but if someone else releases a 4.4 rom you could flash my kernel and use it on other 4.4 roms.. it has all my extra goodies that you would normally see from my kernels.
    Simple Rules

respect each other
    help each other..
    please search before asking as i'm sure many others have asked the same thing.
    have fun in this thread.. keep on topic..
    instead of clogging up the thread use the thanks button
    sorry guys i've been working 9hour shifts everyday at work and try to spend as much time as i can when i get home at night.

yes.. the PA is like stock aosp.. very few changes.. its should have busybox as aosp doesn't... i'm trying to push some code to PA's gerrit review to get some stuff added back..

on the PA build i've fix google's location services..

also i made these changes..

- <bool name="def_install_non_market_apps">false</bool>
    - <bool name="def_package_verifier_enable">true</bool>
    + <bool name="def_install_non_market_apps">true</bool>
    + <bool name="def_package_verifier_enable">false</bool>

we're working on bringing back some basic features step by step. everyone is busy and hard at work so some patience :)
    we''ll have reboot menu back soon... pa boot ani is still old 3.0+ needs new 4.0+ bootani..i could personally add features and branch off but i rather just keep it on sync with pa.. no need to do the extra work right now..

hybrid 3 is being worked on. and a wack load of new stuff .. i've been so busy i haven't followed the thread. thanks to all that is helping out. as it seems u guys know more about 4.4 features and whatnot than i do. i only see what's written in codes.. i don't even know what works and what doesn't and it's amazing what u guys have learnt and fixed.. i willl fixup more. i'll fixup kernel too. i'll fixup whatever i can. i've also been busy working on the g2 .. it's my birthday on nov.11 so i'm celebrating this weekend .. as for now if u see new test builds try them out and just feedback on this thread thanks.

all the emails and PM's are also clogging and flooding up too.. and i'll try to help some other devs from our community to bringup their roms for 4.4 for the lgog as much as i can so u guys can enjoy other roms .

there's a list of names but i can't go through the whole thread and mention you guys. u guys know who you are.. thanks for helping out as right now i'm way too busy to answer everyone's questions .. i will try to support as many lgog devices as i can but what's more important is getting everything right first then makes it easier for the rest.. i'll update as i can
    sorry guys I've been so busy at work lately. and family and releasing the G2 kk 4.4 ..

I will try to have a new PA build out tonight.. new additions like Quick Tiles. where u can swap tiles around :) I still have to bring up Htc One.. once all this 4.4 kk bringups are done i'll have more time as well..