Anyone get the update with Knock Code?

Search This thread

qpinto

Dec 8, 2011
Miami, Fl
that is something im looking for now as well. once its live ill download the whole new file and reroot the thing. bye bye bloat and hello knock code. hopefully this update will fix the random mms issue i have been experiencing lately.

sairegsx

Sep 11, 2010
Beginning June 30, the G2 received a software update to Android KitKat 4.4.2/ D80120e. This update provides features and improvements
New Features
Adds KnockOn Security feature
Improvements
Battery expectations: Android 4.4 KitKat
Google Wallet improvements
Google security fixes
Auto brightness improvements
Visual voicemail improvements
Wi-Fi calling improvements

from support.t-mobile.com/

-Sources are available on LG :D

Last edited:

Howie Dub

Apr 13, 2011
I'm rooted with TWRP and I received a notification that the update was downloaded and ready to install. I'm going to update it manually using the LG Mobile Support Tool just to make sure I don't brick my phone.

frigginmike

Oct 18, 2010
I'm rooted with TWRP and I received a notification that the update was downloaded and ready to install. I'm going to update it manually using the LG Mobile Support Tool just to make sure I don't brick my phone.

can you let me know if you 1) lose root and 2) lose recovery please?

I just got prompted for the update, but I do not want to download it yet.

rebar71

Mar 26, 2012
Austin, TX
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 11

In my experience, updating via LG Support Tool wipes everything. I am backing up all my data right now. Hopefully towelroot still works on this version.

EDIT: So I just finished the update via LG Support Tool. My data was left intact, but stuff was broke anyways - probably from using system cleaner app and then not having root after the update. So I am doing a factory reset anyway and will start all over. I expected it to be wiped anyway.

Last edited:

Howie Dub

Apr 13, 2011

I ended up using the LG Mobile Support Tool to install the update. I wasn't able to install the OTA; it booted into TWRP, then when I rebooted the system, it said I was up to date, even though I was still on 10a. I lost root, but was able to re-root with towelroot. Everything was still there when I booted, although I don't have TWRP recovery. Not sure if I want to do that since I read somewhere that I will lose Knock Code. Make sure you back up your data just in case things don't go smoothly.

In my experience, updating via LG Support Tool wipes everything. I am backing up all my data right now. Hopefully towelroot still works on this version.

EDIT: So I just finished the update via LG Support Tool. My data was left intact, but stuff was broke anyways - probably from using system cleaner app and then not having root after the update. So I am doing a factory reset anyway and will start all over. I expected it to be wiped anyway.

See if re-rooting with towelroot will fix anything that's broken before you do a complete wipe.

magestic1995

Jun 18, 2011
Hey guys how would you go about doing a fresh install with this or can we not unless we have the full kdz file?

fishman0919

Sep 18, 2009
Providence, RI
Some cool new stuff. Seems a little boggy... Lookout was killing me so I went to disable it and was greeted by a app management screen. nice

sidog

May 26, 2009
I just updated my NON ROOTED d801 g2 and now my touch screen does not work at all. No errors during installation.

I ran into this problem before when I tried to update the touchscreen firmware through the menus via

3845#801#

My screen would go unresponsive, but after 10 mins and a couple of reboots, it would work back (my guess is that it reverted to the old touch firmware).

This time though, the touchscreen seems to be permanently disabled. Anyone else running into this issue?

Top Liked Posts