Root with locked bootloader - anyone tried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
I know that this is a rhetorical question, but when there will be availible root with locked BL? It seems like noone cares about this question, what Doomlord saiyng about it ? Root through unlocked BL is not so good decision, so the problem is still open and it`s very actual. :(

SMN23

Oct 12, 2011
Orlando
I know that this is a rhetorical question, but when there will be availible root with locked BL? It seems like noone cares about this question, what Doomlord saiyng about it ? Root through unlocked BL is not so good decision, so the problem is still open and it`s very actual. :(

Everyone with this phone that wants to achieve root cares, not everyone with this phone has the know how to ge t it done. Please read before posting, especially Spectre's posts.

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
If we already have official ICS for Ion, i would try to root my Ion by Xperia S method with locked bootloader, but i`m afraid to do it on GB :( If there will be any emergency situations during the root process, i have my doubts that i will take the right decision.

popfan

Jan 26, 2011
It is almost better to wait for ICS anyway. Since we know it is coming more or less soon and the Xperia S technique needs just little work also, it will not be too bad to wait.

azn75vtec

Nov 23, 2010
Don't hold your breath on ICS guys... seeing how att will be going over the update before launching it officially to everyone in the U.S. just like GB release on X10...

Sent from my LT28at using xda app-developers app

Spectre51

Don't hold your breath on ICS guys... seeing how att will be going over the update before launching it officially to everyone in the U.S. just like GB release on X10...

Sent from my LT28at using xda app-developers app

Its already in testing with AT&T. And will be out within the next couple of months.

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

SMN23

Oct 12, 2011
Orlando
Anyone else think this is way too long? Haha, I've been lucky to have great custom ROMs for too long :/

sniktawm

Jul 7, 2012
Whether you think its too long or not doesn't matter. Its coming just have to be patient or not and get a different phone. Its actually moving along quicker than what it usually does for AT&T to test a firmware release.

Good to know it's moving along quickly. I'm waiting patiently. I will upgrade to the Ion once the ATT version can be rooted.

Sent from my R800at using xda app-developers app

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
Tried to root today by Xperia S methods, doesn`t work at all :( All the steps of instruction passed OK, but in the end of all this no root access. It seems like those methods for Xperia S only, and they are doesn`t work on Ion. But anyway, i`m not going to unlock BL for root, maybe later we will be eble to get root access somehow like Xperia S users.

Reactions: earbrain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So over on the Xperia S forums they have this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1742992 which is a guide to root the Xperia S with a locked bootloader. Has anyone tried those steps with the ion and a locked bootloader?

I will test this out in a week (after my week of use testing the international firmware on my at&t ion) if no one else has yet. Thought it might be interesting to see if it works for us too.
    I tried it with my ion the other day, but there was something like a partation size error.
    Tried today using just the at&t GB ftf but it wouldn't work on step two. Said permission denied. Might need the ICS firmware like how the guide says for the Xperia S. The ics ftf posted in the ion boards gives me (and it seems others with locked bootloaders) sin verification errors.
    Probably a stupid question but, what would it take to make an FTF? I mean like people are always making .zips of ROMs that can be flashed via recovery. Would it be any different besides for the method of getting it on the device?

Well we have to get the files from SUS or PC companion of an official release to make into an FTF. Right now ICS isn't being pushed out anywhere so we are stuck waiting.
    Tried to root today by Xperia S methods, doesn`t work at all :( All the steps of instruction passed OK, but in the end of all this no root access. It seems like those methods for Xperia S only, and they are doesn`t work on Ion. But anyway, i`m not going to unlock BL for root, maybe later we will be eble to get root access somehow like Xperia S users.