[Q] Unlocked G2 wont connect to network?

Search This thread

sricard

Jan 30, 2014
I just recently bought an unlocked LG G2 and set up the phone on a Koodo plan. The phone has worked great up until a few days ago when I lost service and the phone wont connect to the network anymore, even after a factory reset. I brought the phone to Koodo and spoke with a guy that told me sometimes unlocked android phones have difficulty connecting to a network and that he didnt know how to help me. Ive tried manually entering network information and ive tried different koodo sim cards but nothing works. What should i do next?

TheHaso

Feb 18, 2012
Try another simcard provider
Try gsm only
Try to search fir network in network settings

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: sricard

j2lin

Jul 8, 2011
Hi sricard,

I seem to be having the same issue as what you're experiencing. I have unlocked G2 that I'm using on Koodo network. Just last night my phone switched to emergency calls only. It was working perfectly fine for a whole month. And before that I was using the phone on Fido network with no issues.

Some additional info. I tried my friend's Roger's sim card on my phone and it showed emergency calls only. When my friend tried my sim, he was able to connect to Koodo network.

On my phone when I search for networks, it does find Koodo, Rogers, Bell networks. It just doesn't seem to be connecting for some reason.

My phone is stock, not rooted. I wasn't even doing anything out of the ordinary with my phone so I have not idea why this happened all of a sudden.

I tried the hard reset also and that didn't work for me either.

Not sure what else to do. May look into custom rom but not sure if that's going to work..

sricard

Jan 30, 2014
Hi sricard,

I seem to be having the same issue as what you're experiencing. I have unlocked G2 that I'm using on Koodo network. Just last night my phone switched to emergency calls only. It was working perfectly fine for a whole month. And before that I was using the phone on Fido network with no issues.

Some additional info. I tried my friend's Roger's sim card on my phone and it showed emergency calls only. When my friend tried my sim, he was able to connect to Koodo network.

On my phone when I search for networks, it does find Koodo, Rogers, Bell networks. It just doesn't seem to be connecting for some reason.

My phone is stock, not rooted. I wasn't even doing anything out of the ordinary with my phone so I have not idea why this happened all of a sudden.

I tried the hard reset also and that didn't work for me either.

Not sure what else to do. May look into custom rom but not sure if that's going to work..

What I found out is that my phone had been blacklisted... which means that it had been reported lost or stolen by somebody else and the IMEI number had been reported. The phone became useless... and as one of the guys that i brought it to said, i essentially had a very expensive paperweight. hope your situation turns out better than mine!

Liquid5n0w

Oct 31, 2011
Toronto
What I found out is that my phone had been blacklisted... which means that it had been reported lost or stolen by somebody else and the IMEI number had been reported. The phone became useless... and as one of the guys that i brought it to said, i essentially had a very expensive paperweight. hope your situation turns out better than mine!

I also have the same symptoms as this, checked the IMEI with Koodo on the phone. They don't see it on any of their lists.

I'm trying everything but can't fix it. Still trying.

kmac5

Dec 15, 2010
I also have the same symptoms as this, checked the IMEI with Koodo on the phone. They don't see it on any of their lists.

I'm trying everything but can't fix it. Still trying.

I too am having this issue. I'm on Koodo. As of this morning I can't connect to their network. Did you have any luck?

parapento

Mar 31, 2016
San Juan
Similar Problem

I have an lg vs980 and I was using it with H2O wireless and later I changed to Simple Mobile. I'm living in Puerto Rico. The phone was working all right and, suddenly, one day it was always displaying 'emergency calls only'.

I did factory reset, then I reflashed stock lollipop and it was like nothing happened, keeps displaying 'emergency calls only'.

Then I found this post http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2394689 and applied the patch but didn't seem to resolve the problem.

As a last resort I tried flashing cm 12.1 and before first boot applied the patch from the cited thread but no result, keeps displaying 'emergency calls only'.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try another simcard provider
    Try gsm only
    Try to search fir network in network settings

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app