[Q] Corrupt Internal Partitions? Won't Mount or ADB.

Search This thread

jcoinster

Jan 16, 2011
In TWRP, it reads "E: Unknown File System: 'datamedia'" - It's referring to data/media but it's missing the /. I can't load ADB or download mode because it wont mount. At first, i thought it was the micro USB port, so I changed it. Nope. I did get Cyanogenmod installed (It was blank) because USB worked ONCE. I can't get it to work again......

All I need to do is restore my EFS partition because I cant get Wifi right now but without USB, I can't... I have the backup EFS on my computer. Anyone know what I can do?
(It's not activated on sprint btw - that's why Im not concerned about the network)

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
In TWRP, it reads "E: Unknown File System: 'datamedia'" - It's referring to data/media but it's missing the /. I can't load ADB or download mode because it wont mount. At first, i thought it was the micro USB port, so I changed it. Nope. I did get Cyanogenmod installed (It was blank) because USB worked ONCE. I can't get it to work again......

All I need to do is restore my EFS partition because I cant get Wifi right now but without USB, I can't... I have the backup EFS on my computer. Anyone know what I can do?
(It's not activated on sprint btw - that's why Im not concerned about the network)

Did you try wiping everything including internal storage? I am not sure where that option is in twrp, maybe under advanced?

Also, when you replaced the usb port, did anything get crossed? Does the phone charge?

Last edited:

jcoinster

Jan 16, 2011
Did you try wiping everything including internal storage? I am not sure where that option is in twrp, maybe under advanced?

Also, when you replaced the usb port, did anything get crossed? Does the phone charge?

The phone charges. I tried wiping internal storage in the first place, but now i'm afraid to wipe it again because ADB doesnt work to get everything back.

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
The phone charges. I tried wiping internal storage in the first place, but now i'm afraid to wipe it again because ADB doesnt work to get everything back.

I see, what about a reset via bootloader?

Then again I think that would cause the same result. A bootloader factory reset would wipe everything.

Have you tried using a different computer? Sometimes if you're on windows it has different drivers for each mode and can't always install them correct if there is a conflict. Try a computer that you never hooked the phone up to to see if anything registers.

Are you able to get into download mode on the phone? or just recovery?