[Q] KH3 Modem On Custom OS Galaxy S2

Search This thread

abhijitcools2

Jun 19, 2014
I was using the S2 with Jelly Bean. I found the phone to heat up very quickly around the camera lens and top of the phone rather than when running on Ginger Bread. I then installed the Resurrection Remix Custom ROM v5.1.3 with KitKat 4.4.2.

But the heating problem is still there. Checking online I found out that the modem was the problem.I found the KH3 modem was the best for the Galaxy S2. I was wondering if installing the KH3 modem was appropriate on Custom ROM or can modems be installed only on Custom ROM???
If it can be installed can anyone guide me how ... BTW I am using the phone in India ...

Please reply the overheating problem is driving me nuts.

Attatched is a screenshot showing my phone information.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-19-22-05-24.jpeg
    Screenshot_2014-06-19-22-05-24.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
You question is a bit confused (because you haven't taken the time to learn 'the basics' like 95% of people who come here), but the answer is yes. Modems are interchangeable between Android versions on the S2 & not dependent on same; I.E you can flash a modem that was bundled with stock rom that was a different Android version to the one you're currently running (whether stock or custom, makes no difference).

As to how to flash a modem....C'mon....

This is absolute basics, you should know this stuff back to front inside out if you're flashing custom roms.

In other words, search.

abhijitcools2

Jun 19, 2014
You question is a bit confused (because you haven't taken the time to learn 'the basics' like 95% of people who come here), but the answer is yes. Modems are interchangeable between Android versions on the S2 & not dependent on same; I.E you can flash a modem that was bundled with stock rom that was a different Android version to the one you're currently running (whether stock or custom, makes no difference).

As to how to flash a modem....C'mon....

This is absolute basics, you should know this stuff back to front inside out if you're flashing custom roms.

In other words, search.

I know how to flash the modem using Odin ... I was just wondering if I can flash it on any Android version or any Custom or Stock ROM... and just to be sure the modem zipped file is about 4.5mb right?? Coz I found a KH3 modem file on one blog which was about 200MB in size ...

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
I know how to flash the modem using Odin ... I was just wondering if I can flash it on any Android version or any Custom or Stock ROM... and just to be sure the modem zipped file is about 4.5mb right?? Coz I found a KH3 modem file on one blog which was about 200MB in size ...

Usually a modem file size should not exceed 10 MB. You can even flash the modem via cwm. On xda you can find links for such files.

abhijitcools2

Jun 19, 2014
That's not required. Just keep a flashable file of your current modem, just in case you want to revert. I mean, download it and keep it on your phone.
For India, ddls9 also works quite well. I have seen good results on xxls8 too.

If something happens and I restore the phone from a backup of the phone , will the firmware baseband be restored or thats something else??
Firmwares are included in the backup or not??

Last edited: