[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 - Android 4.2 WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
4.2 is too epic to be overlooked because of SPen features. Once the in call audio issue gets figured out this ROM will be my daily driver

jug6ernaut

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
Again ppl I have to ask you to keep the conversation on topic. This is a development thread. If what your thinking about saying doesn't in some way help the development of the ROM( let's be honest most of what we have said doesn't ) then it does NOT belong in this thread.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

mjwhirly

Aug 16, 2010
FL
hehehe....everybody is in for a surprise soon:D

madmack and codeworkx--you guys did some amazing work quickly, can't believe how stable its been running on my phone since last night everything besides BT seems to be work great on my device at least will test again later to see if it was just the other device i was using that was causing the problem, hopefully sometime today CM will give the Note 2 official support!!!!

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
hehehe....everybody is in for a surprise soon:D

madmack and codeworkx--you guys did some amazing work quickly, can't believe how stable its been running on my phone since last night everything besides BT seems to be work great on my device at least will test again later to see if it was just the other device i was using that was causing the problem, hopefully sometime today CM will give the Note 2 official support!!!!

Drooling :p

And whose the the Glass half Empty character that said that the I317 "will never get official support" :raspberry to you :D

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dw9906
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't want to sound like im asking for an ETA, cuz thats not cool...i did however wanted to see if you've made any headway? And i wanted to see how you're manipulating the libaudio-ril.so file?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium

here is a little status update coz I know how much you guys love em :

we're close to getting cm10.1 with stock audio hal (read: closed source samsung stuff) that I used in cm10 running.

This should pave the way for official support but with the stock hal kinks. Once we roll this out, we'll continue working on disecting the decompiled library to hopefully get open source audio rolling eventually.

In any case, I don't think we're far from seeing official cm10.1 support. No precise ETA. We'll also try to roll one ROM for three devices : at&t's, tmobile and the international variant.
    As promised Here is the decompile of the file in c.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0g-ojj_rL70OFlpTnBwRjE3N3c

I had it private should be ok now
    Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
    After finishing my work on porting CM10 to our beloved device, I started playing around some files and compiling to see if we can get our sweet i317 rolling android 4.2.

I present to you the file I currently have, flash using the following steps:

Make sure you're using TWRP 2.3.2 or higher. (Earlier versions don't support 4.2)

1. download the file.
    2. download gapps (search google. Hint: gapps-jb-20121212).
    3. put them both on your sdcard.
    4. reboot into recovery.
    5. wipe "system" and factory reset.
    6. flash the downloaded file, then the 4.2 gapps that you downloaded and reboot.

What works:
    -Audio in speaker, headphones.
    -Camera?
    -GPS?
    -Radio works with LTE speeds.

What doesn't work:
    -In call audio.

This rom is tested and should work on these similar devices:
    1. AT&T Note 2
    2. T-MOBILE Note 2
    3. International LTE Note 2

IMPORTANT:
    If you want to revert back to a jellybean 4.1.x rom. You'll find that all of your internal sdcard content is moved to a subfolder called 0. This is due to Android's new implementation of multi-user accounts. To get your files back to how they used to be, I created a little cwm file that you need to flash after restoring an old backup or flashing a 4.1 rom. Remember, you flash this file AFTER you restore or flash a 4.1 ROM. The file you need is attached.

Download

Dec 14: http://www.mediafire.com/?rzb9uipj801v1cp

screenshot2012121417192.png
    You're welcome.

Everyone don't forget the thanks button. :)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
    Seeing as this is not official CM and is not original work, this will be moved to Android Development.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

no original work? no one had anything remotely as close as this for any exynos lte device. we literally have everything working except in call audio which we're actively "originally working on".

my original work can be seen in my github commits.

Sorry bud, this doesn't belong in the development section. Please bring it back where it belongs.