X43Z60 Won't turn on but shows up on PC

Search This thread

datkwikracer

Apr 21, 2014
I bought my Kindle Fire HD 7" refurbished from an Ebay seller back in June 2013.

About 2 months ago it started randomly shutting down and wouldn't turn on until after I charged it for a while.

4 nights ago I tried to turn it on but it wouldn't. I figured the battery was dead so i charged it overnight. The next morning it still did not turn on.

I researched a bit but couldn't find anything relevant. I did try resetting by holding the power button for 20, 30 seconds even 2 minutes and nothing.

However when I connect it to my PC through USB, it shows up as if nothing was wrong.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
I bought my Kindle Fire HD 7" refurbished from an Ebay seller back in June 2013.

About 2 months ago it started randomly shutting down and wouldn't turn on until after I charged it for a while.

4 nights ago I tried to turn it on but it wouldn't. I figured the battery was dead so i charged it overnight. The next morning it still did not turn on.

I researched a bit but couldn't find anything relevant. I did try resetting by holding the power button for 20, 30 seconds even 2 minutes and nothing.

However when I connect it to my PC through USB, it shows up as if nothing was wrong.

What is it showing up as, the mtp device? if so i would assume either the backlight went out or the cable for the entire lcd screen section came loose. If it shows up as a omap device then the problem could be worse.

Reactions: datkwikracer

datkwikracer

Apr 21, 2014
What is it showing up as, the mtp device? if so i would assume either the backlight went out or the cable for the entire lcd screen section came loose. If it shows up as a omap device then the problem could be worse.

Yeah as an MTP device I think. As in when you connect any device and a window pops up asking if you want to transfer files or sync or open folder or something.

But yeah it seems my screen is the culprit. While it was connected to my pc I held the power button to reset and the pc made the sound it makes when you disconnect a usb device. So I held the power button again while still connected to the pc and shortly after it made the other sound the pc makes when you connect a device. Then the MTP window pops up so I slide to unlock where I think it normally is and I start tapping the screen and then I get some sound from one of my daughters apps.

So it seems to be working except for I can't see anything on the screen. So its obviously something with the screen like you thought. I spoke to Amazon and they offered me an amazon refurbished replacement for $90. Should I go that route?

Its the first and probably the last time I buy refurbished especially if its not from the manufacturer.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
I don't know their policy too well but I would just double check before they give you a new one and make sure they don't send you the 2013 model as a replacement, that would suck if they did since its not romable.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.