Movin' to Xperia SP

Search This thread

DanielZRK

Jan 4, 2013
La Victoria
twitter.com
Hello everybody here! Yesterday i've bought my new smartphone, A SONY XPERIA SP, So I have some projects about get in developers world, for now i'm a simple flasher/tester. Now i'll move my projects from my old and warrior Xperia Neo V because i'll give it to my mother

For a moment i was think to buy the Moto G but the lacks of microSD and their weak SoC makes me discard this smartphone

Now, tell how is the performance, camera quality, benchmarks poins and the most important to me: BATTERY LIFE!

Is a great upgrade from Xperia Neo V to Xperia SP no? Is my return to mid-high end devices after one year since I sold my Xperia TX

PD: The developments threads here don't have too many activities if we compare vs Xperia 2011 devices, maybe is because Sony still give support to SP

PD2: I need to wait probably 2 or 3 months to the arrival from USA to my house in Venezuela, Thanks to my Fu#$€¿? courier

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
Now, tell how is the performance, camera quality, benchmarks poins and the most important to me: BATTERY LIFE!

Okay so im sorry I dont know who u r :-/
Well I was also a dev for neo V, well mainly for Arc S but Arc S roms worked on all 2011 devices
I just recently upgraded from Arc S to xperia SP as well :D
My second android phone and tbh a very huge upgrade from Arc S

Well anywayz
Battery life of xperia SP is awesum
I get a whole day of heavy usage, about 6-8 hours of display usage
Benchmarks I get around 25k
Performance is awesum
Camera quality is okay, it is pretty good in normal light but not as good in low light

In 2.254 update there is a problem with ram management ( not a big problem just slightly) and also sometimes u have to press screen 3 times for it to open properly

^ I use stock 2.254 firmware with stock kernel
I use a slightly edited rom I made for me with a few tweaks and a few ram management fixes and debloated and etc

There is a LOT and I mean A LOT of bloatware on stock 2.254 so I recommend to root and remove some ****

Other then this the hardware of phone is awesum, gaming is awesum, few software issues which hopefully will be fixed with 4.3 update

Anywayz, welcome to the forum and hope u enjoy ur new phone

Sent from my C5306 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: DanielZRK

DanielZRK

Jan 4, 2013
La Victoria
twitter.com
Wow! I'm so exited to get my new SP! I've used in the past your AnZumi ROM, very beauty and cool but the 512MB of RAM of Xperia 2011 Line don't help to much!

For now I'm using myself KK Based ROM with myself Kernel (Mikeioannina Sources) But I'm so lazy to maintain a Dev Thread in xda

Maybe in the future i'll post almost one Rom for SP

Regards!:good:

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
Wow! I'm so exited to get my new SP! I've used in the past your AnZumi ROM, very beauty and cool but the 512MB of RAM of Xperia 2011 Line don't help to much!

For now I'm using myself KK Based ROM with myself Kernel (Mikeioannina Sources) But I'm so lazy to maintain a Dev Thread in xda

Ya the 512mb is very limiting
But not to brag but my AnZuMi rom still worked fine and wasnt too bad in performance
I was thinking of making AnZuMi for SP but with 4.3 we prob wont need a themed rom like AnZuMi cuz 4.3 has many custom themes

Maintaining a dev thread isn't that hard ;)
U just have to constantly check xda

Go ahead with the rom, I will be sure to try it out

Best of luck with your work :D

DanielZRK

Jan 4, 2013
La Victoria
twitter.com
But not to brag but my AnZuMi rom still worked fine and wasnt too bad in performance
I was thinking of making AnZuMi for SP but with 4.3 we prob wont need a themed rom like AnZuMi cuz 4.3 has many custom themes

My Xperia SP finally arrive the last week, Are u using .266 update or still in .254?

DanielZRK

Jan 4, 2013
La Victoria
twitter.com
i have updated to .266
it has RAM problems so just make sure to reboot everyday
and it wud be best if u did a full wipe while updating

Has root for .266? I'm still in .254 rooted and i have 300-400MB of RAM

Is very strange, in my old Neo V haves 380MB for use and everytime i was have 190-170 Free More tan 50% of total RAM

Here in Xperia SP the available RAM to user is around 800MB and the system takes 50%-60% leaving only 250-400Mb as i said before, Too many changes and i'm not an expert in 2013 devices :( I'll try using greenify and still

headache59

Feb 22, 2014
Has root for .266? I'm still in .254 rooted and i have 300-400MB of RAM

Is very strange, in my old Neo V haves 380MB for use and everytime i was have 190-170 Free More tan 50% of total RAM

Here in Xperia SP the available RAM to user is around 800MB and the system takes 50%-60% leaving only 250-400Mb as i said before, Too many changes and i'm not an expert in 2013 devices :( I'll try using greenify and still

Yes - but it is a process of injecting the su/busybox into the system file with some files for meta.inf.
My result with modification of my country's .266 with root works well but not there were some hiccups - probably my fault in the cooking process...

I am currently back on .254 after trying CM10.2 and cooking my own .266 stock later. I kinda like .254 - fast and smooth, even with next 3D on it. I don't see many advantages of .266 after installing it 3 times...
Note: I don't play heavy games...

Am contemplating this pre-rooted .266 firmware based on CE ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658043

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody here! Yesterday i've bought my new smartphone, A SONY XPERIA SP, So I have some projects about get in developers world, for now i'm a simple flasher/tester. Now i'll move my projects from my old and warrior Xperia Neo V because i'll give it to my mother

For a moment i was think to buy the Moto G but the lacks of microSD and their weak SoC makes me discard this smartphone

Is a great upgrade from Xperia Neo V to Xperia SP no? Is my return to mid-high end devices after one year since I sold my Xperia TX

PD: The developments threads here don't have too many activities if we compare vs Xperia 2011 devices, maybe is because Sony still give support to SP

PD2: I need to wait probably 2 or 3 months to the arrival from USA to my house in Venezuela, Thanks to my Fu#$€¿? courier

Okay so im sorry I dont know who u r :-/
    Well I was also a dev for neo V, well mainly for Arc S but Arc S roms worked on all 2011 devices
    I just recently upgraded from Arc S to xperia SP as well :D
    My second android phone and tbh a very huge upgrade from Arc S

Well anywayz
    Battery life of xperia SP is awesum
    I get a whole day of heavy usage, about 6-8 hours of display usage
    Benchmarks I get around 25k
    Performance is awesum
    Camera quality is okay, it is pretty good in normal light but not as good in low light

In 2.254 update there is a problem with ram management ( not a big problem just slightly) and also sometimes u have to press screen 3 times for it to open properly

^ I use stock 2.254 firmware with stock kernel
    I use a slightly edited rom I made for me with a few tweaks and a few ram management fixes and debloated and etc

There is a LOT and I mean A LOT of bloatware on stock 2.254 so I recommend to root and remove some ****

Other then this the hardware of phone is awesum, gaming is awesum, few software issues which hopefully will be fixed with 4.3 update

Anywayz, welcome to the forum and hope u enjoy ur new phone

My Xperia SP finally arrive the last week, Are u using .266 update or still in .254?

i have updated to .266
    it has RAM problems so just make sure to reboot everyday
    and it wud be best if u did a full wipe while updating