[Q] Worth it to root and destroy secure compartment?

Search This thread

supremekizzle

Mar 15, 2013
So, waiting on my tablet to get here tomorrow and I've been reading quite a bit about Knox and the secure compartment. Now, Knox is something I can say with the utmost certainty that I will never use. However, my groupon tablet only comes with a 90 day warranty so I will be purchasing a square trade one. Should something go terribly wrong and I eff up my tablet from rooting and flashing, will square trade deny me repairs due to the Knox counter being tripped? How likely is it that something truly irreversible happens from rooting and Roming this tablet? I'm so used to the ease of nexus devices that this whole Knox thing is putting me off big time. I know for most scary situations like bootloop on my N4, there's a way to come back from it with a flash. How about Sammy? I know all devices are capable of a hard brick, but is it more possible with our Note 10.1-14? Thanks guys

johnnyPPK

Dec 13, 2010
So, waiting on my tablet to get here tomorrow and I've been reading quite a bit about Knox and the secure compartment. Now, Knox is something I can say with the utmost certainty that I will never use. However, my groupon tablet only comes with a 90 day warranty so I will be purchasing a square trade one. Should something go terribly wrong and I eff up my tablet from rooting and flashing, will square trade deny me repairs due to the Knox counter being tripped? How likely is it that something truly irreversible happens from rooting and Roming this tablet? I'm so used to the ease of nexus devices that this whole Knox thing is putting me off big time. I know for most scary situations like bootloop on my N4, there's a way to come back from it with a flash. How about Sammy? I know all devices are capable of a hard brick, but is it more possible with our Note 10.1-14? Thanks guys

you won't be able to get the warranty unless you do a fake sell and buy on ebay.
as the tablet is refurbished.

MTKnife

Jun 15, 2010
you won't be able to get the warranty unless you do a fake sell and buy on ebay.
as the tablet is refurbished.

I don't think you read the OP carefully, since he's not referring to the manufacturer's warranty. However, I'm not sure what the answer is here, not being familiar with Square Trade warranties.

supremekizzle

Mar 15, 2013
Never mind on the square trade warranty. They used to cover refurbished tablets, but have ceased to do so. As for the brick ability of the tablet though? Anyone hear of hard bricks yet?

FSkyman

Dec 2, 2013
plus.google.com
No Brick

Hi for me it was worth it. I am using the Tab just home so no need for the Knox Container.
If you use Oden Twerp and Hal 9000 you should no face any probs. After rooting some small issues, which are discussed throughout all Forum Plattform, are gone since root. So good luck and enjoy the new Tab. Greetings from Germany.