Roms that currently can be flashed on AT&T S5

Search This thread

eortizr

Jul 6, 2010
Dallas,Texas
I download a stock G900F rom , cook it with ArchiKitchen with ANCE modem.bin (need to specify boot and modem block). Modify others.xml for displaying NFC icon, disable shutter sound, and enable recording. Also modify customer.xml to make AT&T's default APNs (except FOTA and security strings) so data works right after the first boot. Disable Knox with Archi and no more annoying notification.

Totally stock.

Didn't check root yet but I believe it might have gone? I did not root my rom so I suspect it might have gone?

EDIT: Check with Root Checker and the it doesn't appear to be rooted.

were you able to root again?

androidofduty

Nov 21, 2012
i dont know what i did wrong, i stuck on a black screen with blue indicator light on after i flashed internation stock rom. pulled battery and reset to stock

sravanz

Apr 6, 2011
flashed alliance rom.. seems to work fine but not smooth.. seems same like stock rom to me.. No performance improvements.. didnt like it at all..

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
Alliance seems to be all about customization + stock ROM. It wont offer much in the way of performance increases.

Battery life was not all that great as well. X-Note always had great battery life for me and performance/speed.

We should start seeing ROMs ported over soon. THen a lot of these issues will go away.
If we could get Bri over here, he has talent !!!!

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Are the firmwares different between the s5 and the active version?

I think so. We have extra buttons and no finger scanning. The model number is different too.
I'm trying to get an s 5 Active forum started.....But we can flash regular s 5 Roms, just cant use our Active special stuff.

Reactions: bri315317

raynan

Jan 2, 2011
Battery life was not all that great as well. X-Note always had great battery life for me and performance/speed.

We should start seeing ROMs ported over soon. THen a lot of these issues will go away.
If we could get Bri over here, he has talent !!!!

I'm having none of these issues. Everything is smooth, quick and looks beautiful.

kmthomas2009

Jul 20, 2010
I was looking to flash the vision-x rom to my phone that was posted in the T-Mobile forum but it says the tmobile kernel is included in the rom. Does that matter to me or do I need to take it out and if so how.

eortizr

Jul 6, 2010
Dallas,Texas
I was looking to flash the vision-x rom to my phone that was posted in the T-Mobile forum but it says the tmobile kernel is included in the rom. Does that matter to me or do I need to take it out and if so how.

it wont do anything, the script will try to install the kernel but it will fail. Also keep in mind, I have not been able to install any ROM without losing root. Towelroot will not work on any of those ROMs.

Reactions: sholsten

cstayton

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.

doesnt matter, the boot.img (kernel) just wont flash as all and youll have that rom and the stock kernel. (all because AT&T locked our BL:(:()

cstayton

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
it wont do anything, the script will try to install the kernel but it will fail. Also keep in mind, I have not been able to install any ROM without losing root. Towelroot will not work on any of those ROMs.

TowelRoot should work on any KK rom with a kernel before June 16th (i believe thats the date) I honestly can say I haven't had a single issue with flashing and loosing root (and trust me imust have flashed and reflashed at least 20 times before i posted the KoolKit link)

eortizr

Jul 6, 2010
Dallas,Texas
TowelRoot should work on any KK rom with a kernel before June 16th (i believe thats the date) I honestly can say I haven't had a single issue with flashing and loosing root (and trust me imust have flashed and reflashed at least 20 times before i posted the KoolKit link)

I tried the stock rom in the international forum and X-Note from the international forum, both time I will lose root. I even Odin back to stock, rooted with towelroot installed saftestrap and flashed those roms one more time and sure enough root was gone again. No issues with KoolKit or TMO Roms though.

Last edited:
Reactions: cstayton

pingfl00d

Nov 27, 2011
Can you flash su after romantic install in safest rap?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kmthomas2009

Jul 20, 2010
So I have tried to install Vision-X from the t-mobile galaxy s5 thread and I have waited over 30 minutes and nothing pops up but a black screen. tried it twice. I just odin back to stock. Am I doing something wrong? I just get a black screen on Vision-X.

eortizr

Jul 6, 2010
Dallas,Texas
So I have tried to install Vision-X from the t-mobile galaxy s5 thread and I have waited over 30 minutes and nothing pops up but a black screen. tried it twice. I just odin back to stock. Am I doing something wrong? I just get a black screen on Vision-X.
Are you wiping data system cache and dalvik before installing?. I'm currently running Vision X without issues.

ane5aqur.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: kmthomas2009

David111jr

Feb 5, 2011
Quick question? ,
On these customers Roms such as alliance or x-note.
Does download booster work and privileged mode as well ?
Or do we have to the same mod

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are the APN setting from my total stock AT&T S5 for anyone who needs them, hope it helps.
    So while we wait for the 'Development' area to start filling up with new Roms, I opened this thread for people to share what they have found it currently works from other S5 Forums.

So far I have tried and work:

* Alliance Rom (From the T-mobile Forum) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2748569
    * Stock International from the International Forum ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2761682)
    * X-Note from the International Forum also works (after removing the Aroma stuff and editing the META-INF folder, Thanks @Skizzy034 for the hint)
    * Vision-X http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2797336
    * Alvin's Stock http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2791067

You have to setup the APN after installing the Roms

*** IMPORTANT***
    If you lose root on when installing International ROMS, use 'towelroot v1' to root v3 seems to not work sometimes.
    I posted this in the safestrap thread. It will help out for this thread also:

(Aroma Based Roms)

You can. You just have to take the stuff you want out of the optional aroma install folders and place them in the corresponding /system folders such as /system/app. Then you have to edit the stuff in the meta-inf folder or, easier, replace the meta-inf folder with one from a non-aroma based rom, then just flash as normal.

Sent from my VK810 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Should people not want choices?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

It has nothing to do with choices, of course choices are good. But when somebody goes into a Samsung purchase with no guarantee of a bootloader unlock let alone root and they say that they hate Touchwiz, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I just think that those people should do their research beforehand and get a phone where they know for sure that they will get what they want.

I always laugh when stock android and CM fans purchase a Samsung device and then complain. Lol.