[Q] Lg G2 Mobile Hotspot apk help

Search This thread
Apr 18, 2014
I was trying to return my mobile hotspot back to stock to get ready for the KitKat release - I somehow stumbled upon a thread where someone posted stock files of the mobilehotspot.apk and odex....I took these and inserted them into my system apps file. Only...I remembered the changes I made to bypass the provision check was to the hotspotprovision.apk. So, now my phone has the mobilehotspot.apk in the system apps folder, but the system doesn't seem to recognize it, ie, not in the system apps, can't do anything with it. Any help for me? I tried factory reset, and all I did was delete all of my personal data, the state of those apps did not improve!

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
I was trying to return my mobile hotspot back to stock to get ready for the KitKat release - I somehow stumbled upon a thread where someone posted stock files of the mobilehotspot.apk and odex....I took these and inserted them into my system apps file. Only...I remembered the changes I made to bypass the provision check was to the hotspotprovision.apk. So, now my phone has the mobilehotspot.apk in the system apps folder, but the system doesn't seem to recognize it, ie, not in the system apps, can't do anything with it. Any help for me? I tried factory reset, and all I did was delete all of my personal data, the state of those apps did not improve!

Did you set permissions to rw- r-- r-- and reboot after placing the apk and odex?

Apr 18, 2014
Begging for the proper apps to get my mobilehotspot and hot spot provision back to stock so I can update.. G2 Verizon vs98012b, please.