[Q] Battery Drain by "Android System"!! please help!!!

Search This thread

comcoil

Apr 15, 2014
At first "Android System" was like 25% which was okay i guess, I still felt like the battery is not so good.... it drained fast...
But today with moderate use I got from 100% at 7:00 to 5% at 17:30! (and I charged for like 10 minutes with a 1A charger which didn't help a lot)
when I checked the battery stats, "android system" was 43%!!!!
Even when im not using the device I see that the battery goes down very fast! even though I clean the apps in the background a lot!
Maybe i turend on some setting that really drains the battery?
What can I do to fix this?
I have to mention that these stats are with power saving mode turned on!

This is such a disappointment... I hope it can be fixed cuz I expected a lot more from the phone's battery..
Also - I dont know if it helps, but the devices tends to get hot even when not using it...
and the screen is almost always on very low brightness

Attached are screen shots with the detais about "android system"

Last edited:

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
Check out my thread dude I have the same problem except nowhere near as bad as urs. I thought 20%-25% was a lot but damn 40%+ is insane. I think it's a kitkat problem or something.

A factory reset may help you though.

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

kill.i.an

May 22, 2012
I had this problem, too. Are you using Google+ to backup your photos? Turning off auto-backup made a massive difference for me. I've also switched off Google Now and location reporting, and both made a big different. By Galaxy S5 was burning through battery life before, but it's been pretty impressive since I made those changes. And I still have Samsung Apps activated and my Samsung account in sync.

prot-

Jan 16, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
umm AVG is chewing up all your battery dude.
uninstall that junk and find a AV thats light on battery. i use Dr.Web light which has always done be well and uses next to no battery

do you have "restrict background data" ticked on power saving?
and yeah make sure GPS, Bluetooth is off too, only use when needed.

my battery on my s5 lasts 2 days of fairly heavy use

Last edited:

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
turning off mobile data/wifi when you don't use it significantly reduces android system and android os usage.
it isn't really a solution, but it is a work around.

deanr1977

Apr 17, 2011
lost somewhere.... Help
I also have a problem I posted this on another members thread -

I have also had this problem, I have not changed many settings since day 1 of owning this phone - nfc data bluetooth & sync off, Wifi scanning all the time only when charging & drains so much during the night! Last night I was on 42% at 21:50 then at 22:50 it was on 23% then at 23:50 it was on 15% & at that point I put ultra power saver on, which said I would have 1 day of power left.... I checked again at about 01:00 & my phone had run out of battery & shut down! Today I am taking back my phone to the shop & am demanding a new handset, I think I may have just had a faulty S5? Also my phone was getting quite hot at night in my pocket & also had a problem sometimes when powering on with the power button to wake the phone nothing happens & got stuck in ultra power mode a few times & rebooted? Other than this I love the S5 & hope my new handset is perfect? IT BETTER BE? [emoji35]

sent by the technology & the power of the Samsung Galaxy S5 ? Via Tapatalk ?

comcoil

Apr 15, 2014
I also have a problem I posted this on another members thread -

I have also had this problem, I have not changed many settings since day 1 of owning this phone - nfc data bluetooth & sync off, Wifi scanning all the time only when charging & drains so much during the night! Last night I was on 42% at 21:50 then at 22:50 it was on 23% then at 23:50 it was on 15% & at that point I put ultra power saver on, which said I would have 1 day of power left.... I checked again at about 01:00 & my phone had run out of battery & shut down! Today I am taking back my phone to the shop & am demanding a new handset, I think I may have just had a faulty S5? Also my phone was getting quite hot at night in my pocket & also had a problem sometimes when powering on with the power button to wake the phone nothing happens & got stuck in ultra power mode a few times & rebooted? Other than this I love the S5 & hope my new handset is perfect? IT BETTER BE? [emoji35]

sent by the technology & the power of the Samsung Galaxy S5 ? Via Tapatalk ?

Let me know if they give you a new handset... :)
I sent an email to support, they told me to bring the device to the lab to get it checked....
cant they just give me a new one and thats it? -_- ughh

deanr1977

Apr 17, 2011
lost somewhere.... Help
Went to the EE shop like I was told on the phone from customer services but they were unhelpful & then had to phone customer services back but then all they could do was send me another battery & not give me another handset yet! but not until after the weekend which by then my 14day return with no questions asked would be up & I would be bound to a contract for 24 months.... So i told them to stick there contract & thanks for wasting my time & lieing to me, so gone over to O2 contract a few hrs later & I must say I am happier with them, I even asked if they could unlock my phone to any use any sim & was told just ring customer services & they will do it free of charge!!!! (I was very surprised), anyway charged my battery for about 6 or & a half hrs & have had 22hrs battery life so far with loads of Web viewing, Wifi on most of the time & still have 27%. Loving this phone [emoji106]

Sent from my super quick & powerful Samsung S5.... via Tapatalk

Rakuu

Jun 16, 2014
Houston
umm AVG is chewing up all your battery dude.
uninstall that junk and find a AV thats light on battery. i use Dr.Web light which has always done be well and uses next to no battery

do you have "restrict background data" ticked on power saving?
and yeah make sure GPS, Bluetooth is off too, only use when needed.

my battery on my s5 lasts 2 days of fairly heavy use
Just get all that garbage off, you dont need an AV on your phone, its not that hard to not get it infected unless you are downloading apks willy nilly, its not windows...

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    un-sync your samsung account and uninstall the samsung app store. YMMV, worked for me. :good: