Update

Search This thread

mimo2008

Dec 23, 2010
Has anyone in the UK managed to download this new update I tried manual update from settings but says maximum roll out exceeded so it says try kies but when I connect my phone nothing comes up about any updates.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

jamieridler

Jan 11, 2011
Northampton
Has anyone in the UK managed to download this new update I tried manual update from settings but says maximum roll out exceeded so it says try kies but when I connect my phone nothing comes up about any updates.

What update? Can you be a bit more specific? Nothing showing for the UK for some time on sammobile.

mimo2008

Dec 23, 2010
I don't know what update it is just when I click on update on my phone says maximum number succeeded please try later or on kies but there have been few other people on here in the UK say the same thing

mimo2008

Dec 23, 2010
Oh ok have tried kies but nothing showing on that oh also sent you a message but I think you have answered it now. Thx bud

dazza7111

Apr 28, 2008
Newcastle
Not installing kies lol I'll wait. Same message here. Anyone know what the update is?

jamieridler

Jan 11, 2011
Northampton
The easiest thing to do would be to list your current firmware. Then we can tell you if its the latest or if you are a behind. I think NB8 is the latest stock BTU UK firmware.

mimo2008

Dec 23, 2010
I already have the latest version just that when you click on device and update it tells you maximum number of updates rolled out but like other people say there must be a problem with Samsung server.

dazza7111

Apr 28, 2008
Newcastle
Got it now, only 16mb was wanting to know what it does? Never mind installing now.
Still 4.4.2 and is now I9505XXUFNB9

Last edited:

mimo2008

Dec 23, 2010
Yeah I just got it as well nothing major just a stability software update.

jamieridler

Jan 11, 2011
Northampton
I just seen NB9 released too, what a load of rubbish. Other countries are rolling out much newer firmware and we get a minor patch made back in February,,,
The latest German firmware NF1 had a June date.

mimo2008

Dec 23, 2010
Good old uk always second to last.

Gloris

Dec 10, 2011
If it makes you feel any better I've tried loads of stock and custom firmware on my UK btu handset and have always come back to fnb8 UK stock as it's the most stable to date. So the fact that other counties have "more up to date" firmware versions is really not important because they bring no extra features and just add problems. E.g. nge5 and ngf1 (the latest firmwares) have random reboots meaning that I can't even walk down the street listening to music because halfway through a song it will cut out and reboot.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. I'd say stick with fnb8 until they release a firmware with new features (maybe when Android L is released).

knightz01

Jun 30, 2011
Portsmouth
Hi guy's, does the 16mbt patch fix anything??? Otherwise I agree that fnb8 is pretty good for me, any feedback? :) Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey

Its said this for a few days now, i think they are having an issue.
    Hi guy's, does the 16mbt patch fix anything??? Otherwise I agree that fnb8 is pretty good for me, any feedback? :) Thanks

dont update, been a bit bugy for me and im not wiping although i think it would help, running out of storage space lol,
    sometimes phone just pauses like its crashed