[Q] Need help flashing recovery image.

Search This thread

seeigecannon

Mar 3, 2014
I just got a Moto G (Model XT1045) yesterday to replace the Nexus One that I have had since the week it was released. I am wanting to install Cyanogenmod 11, and am following "wiki.cyanogenmod<dot>org/w/Install_CM_for_falcon" to do it. (Sorry, too new to link directly.)

The bootloader is unlocked, but I am unable to get the recovery ROM working. This is what I type as well as the output:
Code:
C:\Users\User\Desktop\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140702\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140702\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery WM-swipe-6.0.4.7-falcon.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (9954 KB)...
OKAY [  0.395s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.329s]
finished. total time: 0.734s

The Fastboot screen on the phone says the following:
Code:
USB connected
cmd: getvar:partition-type:recovery
cmd: getvar:max-download-size
cmd: download:00862000
cmd: flash:recovery
Mismatched partition size (recovery)
Other forums have said the partition thing is normal and should be ignored.

Now, when I go to "Recovery" the screen flashes for a moment the screen that says that the phone is unlocked, but then goes right back into Fastboot with the error "Boot up failed". I tried doing the recovery thing with both of the ClockworkMod 6.0.4.7 compatible images for my phone as well as TWRP 2.7.1.0. I have also tried going strait to recovery after I loaded it from the command prompt and also tried "fastboot reset-bootloader". All of those yielded the same results.

I can still get into the original OS, so I not really freaking out, but it would be nice to get CM loaded on because I don't want to spend the time tweaking my phone too much just to wipe it the next day. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for your time.

k-kuchen

Oct 17, 2013
I just got a Moto G (Model XT1045) yesterday to replace the Nexus One that I have had since the week it was released. I am wanting to install Cyanogenmod 11, and am following "wiki.cyanogenmod<dot>org/w/Install_CM_for_falcon" to do it. (Sorry, too new to link directly.)

The bootloader is unlocked, but I am unable to get the recovery ROM working. This is what I type as well as the output:
Code:
C:\Users\User\Desktop\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140702\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140702\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery WM-swipe-6.0.4.7-falcon.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (9954 KB)...
OKAY [  0.395s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.329s]
finished. total time: 0.734s

The Fastboot screen on the phone says the following:
Code:
USB connected
cmd: getvar:partition-type:recovery
cmd: getvar:max-download-size
cmd: download:00862000
cmd: flash:recovery
Mismatched partition size (recovery)
Other forums have said the partition thing is normal and should be ignored.

Now, when I go to "Recovery" the screen flashes for a moment the screen that says that the phone is unlocked, but then goes right back into Fastboot with the error "Boot up failed". I tried doing the recovery thing with both of the ClockworkMod 6.0.4.7 compatible images for my phone as well as TWRP 2.7.1.0. I have also tried going strait to recovery after I loaded it from the command prompt and also tried "fastboot reset-bootloader". All of those yielded the same results.

I can still get into the original OS, so I not really freaking out, but it would be nice to get CM loaded on because I don't want to spend the time tweaking my phone too much just to wipe it the next day. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for your time.

You have a Moto G 4G. Look in 4G Development Forums for a semi-working TWRP.
But be careful. Moto G and Moto G 4G ROMs aren't compatible. There is no CM or any other custom ROM yet for your device