[PRJ] SUN-MuttiM Manila 2.5 VGA Port (BETA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nikoan89

Sep 17, 2008
Bari
www.cellularmagazine.it
Where is this manila 2.6 vga port?, its clearly a vga port look at the "add widget" squares there hidding at the bottom of the screen, just like in the muttim 2.5 port, if it were WVGA they would be in the right place, please share this port with us mate.

ps: The rom is probably from bss.rombeta.com but i cant say, since its all in chinese ><

that is not manila 2.6 but manila 2.5!
the 2.6 doesn't work on MSM720xx ie doesn't work on every device between Diamond and Rhodium and obviously older devices ...

P

pongothemagnificent

that is not manila 2.6 but manila 2.5!
the 2.6 doesn't work on MSM720xx ie doesn't work on every device between Diamond and Rhodium and obviously older devices ...

Your very wrong friend, manila is in no way CPU dependent, idk were you got that idea from but its wrong.

kecinzer

Jul 1, 2007
Decin
kecinzer.cz
I start to hate HTC.
They think, that one device has life-cyckle 1/2 year? WTF!
I don't have that much money for buing new HTC device twice a year.

I don't understeand, why Manila 2.6 don't run on Raphael :(

omnicronx

Oct 4, 2007
Are you seriously going to complain that your device does not support the new frontend that is meant for phones two generations newer (i.e year+) Than your phone? It seems to me that they are building two versions for a reason in parallel, one for older chips, one for newer chips, most likely with some kind of GPU acceleration that our current phones do not support.

C

conflipper

2.6 does not work on Qualcom Chipsets.

2.6 was first developed on the HTC Qilin, this device is OMAP3, This was back in june, so 2.6 is nothing new. and the device is using Power Vector Textiles(PVR) for the GFX, and since qualcomm chipsets do not recgonize PVR GFX, 2.6 manila will not work. Qulacomm chipsets use QTC GFX, and not PVR.

but recently 2.6 manila has been getting back ported to 2.5 manila, and that is where you saw that at. if you look at UDK ROM, and in the registry, you will see that Manila_Core version is 2.5.1918, but the version in manila reports 2.6, but its actually 2.5.

2.5 is actually now more powerful the 2.6, and the only reason it is 2.6 is becuase it is developed for a different chipset, and so it has different GFX.

and so a real 2.6 manila will not work in any way on Qualcomm Devices.

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
I start to hate HTC.
They think, that one device has life-cyckle 1/2 year? WTF!
I don't have that much money for buing new HTC device twice a year.

I don't understeand, why Manila 2.6 don't run on Raphael :(

The life cycle on ANY phone is about a year...Even the iPhone was upgraded after 6 months and that was only because they rushed out the earlier version to capture market share...Then had to fix all the issues that caused. like HEY we got cut and paste! WOW! (LOL)

Not certain but I expect the design leadtime on each model is about 2 years from paper to product. It's unreasonable to expect technology to be cutting edge for more than a year...

A computer (even the fancy gaming rigs) are almost obsolete by the time you open the box...

Moore's Law at work!

nikoan89

Sep 17, 2008
Bari
www.cellularmagazine.it

2.6 was first developed on the HTC Qilin, this device is OMAP3, This was back in june, so 2.6 is nothing new. and the device is using Power Vector Textiles(PVR) for the GFX, and since qualcomm chipsets do not recgonize PVR GFX, 2.6 manila will not work. Qulacomm chipsets use QTC GFX, and not PVR.

but recently 2.6 manila has been getting back ported to 2.5 manila, and that is where you saw that at. if you look at UDK ROM, and in the registry, you will see that Manila_Core version is 2.5.1918, but the version in manila reports 2.6, but its actually 2.5.

2.5 is actually now more powerful the 2.6, and the only reason it is 2.6 is becuase it is developed for a different chipset, and so it has different GFX.

thanks for the explanation Conflipper :)

vader165

Nov 28, 2008
The ATL

ahhh. a good clean explanation. this should set things down around here.

drvon

Feb 6, 2008
The new HTC Touch2 will be out Oct 6, and by the pics it's sporting Touch Flo 2d or 3d 2.5, but the screen size is qvga. Can this manilla be ported directly over to vga devices? I don't know how the screen sizings work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts