Updating to kitkat

Search This thread

fitusv

Jan 24, 2012
Phoenix
Hello everybody, once again I have come seeking advice from anyone smarter than me, at the moment I'm running the rom toxic swamp and I love it, but I'm seeing all the fuss that kitkat is doing seems that mostly everyone is jumping and updating to kitkat, now I'm on mj4 software version and mj4 baseband, so my question is should I flash back to stock rom and take the Ota or should I just flash any kitkat tarballs that are laying around, I do have a nandroid of my note 3 original software that I rooted, should I use that instead to take the Ota?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nickitt

Thuqnificent

Jun 4, 2010
Mesa, AZ
Hello everybody, once again I have come seeking advice from anyone smarter than me, at the moment I'm running the rom toxic swamp and I love it, but I'm seeing all the fuss that kitkat is doing seems that mostly everyone is jumping and updating to kitkat, now I'm on mj4 software version and mj4 baseband, so my question is should I flash back to stock rom and take the Ota or should I just flash any kitkat tarballs that are laying around, I do have a nandroid of my note 3 original software that I rooted, should I use that instead to take the Ota?
Thanks in advance

You might as well odin back to MJ4. I was on a custom ROM and I just odin'd back to MJ4 and 2 days after I checked the software update and it was available through ota. There is a link in the development section for the cf-autoroot for Kit kat. Just download that and the twrp recovery image and use it in Odin and you'll be back to being rooted ;)

Nickitt

Dec 21, 2011
Kansas City
Thanks in advance

+1 to you sir. I'm in the same boat and DO NOT want to mess anything up. Maybe I'm being too scared to go ahead and do something and try upgrading to Kitkat but I can't do it without someone giving me the a-okay to do so.
I'm currently on MI5 Software version and MI5 baseband.

I'm pretty sure we have to make sure we're updated to the most recent TWRP recovery and then....

A step by step with links would be awesome, Need a smartie pants to help us out! Anyone??? Please!!!
:cyclops:

fitusv

Jan 24, 2012
Phoenix
I think will wait a little bit, anyway s I don't see many kitkat roms, ( the truth I'm terrified of screwing my phone )
Thanks

Reactions: Nickitt

rcjunky

Jun 10, 2013
I think will wait a little bit, anyway s I don't see many kitkat roms, ( the truth I'm terrified of screwing my phone )
Thanks

I would wait guys. I have kitkat on a stock n3 and I don't like it. my email is buggy, my car bluetooth isn't working right and my battery time is a 3rd less then it was before, wait for them to work the bugs out before going to kitkat.

fitusv

Jan 24, 2012
Phoenix
Hello everyone, I finally did it, I jumped to the kitkat boat, now I'm running sacs rom and engineering bootloader, so far I'm loving it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks in advance

Thanks