[Q] Where to find someone to recover Galaxy Player 5.0 stuck in dev. mode?

Search This thread

karnor

Feb 21, 2014
I have a Galaxy Player 5.0 stuck in SEC S5PC110 Test B/D mode. I went through Adam's process for UnBrickable Mod - installing virtual machine, Linux, etc. and can get the PC to recognize the device as a Samsung device, however, when I get to the steps in Odin, I keep getting a repartition operation failed message. After searching the forums, asking questions, etc. for over three weeks, I'm ready to quit.

Is there anyone who restores devices stuck in this mode who knows a lot more about it than I do? If so, who and about how much would it cost? Don't even know if it's worth the time and $$.

Thanks in advance.

TheKryptonite

Sep 24, 2012
I have a Galaxy Player 5.0 stuck in SEC S5PC110 Test B/D mode. I went through Adam's process for UnBrickable Mod - installing virtual machine, Linux, etc. and can get the PC to recognize the device as a Samsung device, however, when I get to the steps in Odin, I keep getting a repartition operation failed message. After searching the forums, asking questions, etc. for over three weeks, I'm ready to quit.

Is there anyone who restores devices stuck in this mode who knows a lot more about it than I do? If so, who and about how much would it cost? Don't even know if it's worth the time and $$.

Thanks in advance.

What files did you use in Odin? The same thing happened to me, but I can't even remember what I did to fix it.

karnor

Feb 21, 2014
What files did you use in Odin? The same thing happened to me, but I can't even remember what I did to fix it.

I used "GalaxyPlayerPart.pit" and "GalaxyPLayerDownloadModeOnly.tar" listed in this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1386669 Galaxy Player 5.0 Bootloader *ONLY* Hard Brick Recovery

I just noticed in the list of steps, it said to load:
-Your OWN copy of Windows installed in Virtualbox
-Samsung drivers installed on Virtual Windows Machine
-The GalaxyPlayer-Bootloader.zip downloaded into Windows

I have Linux installed on a virtual machine and Windows on the PC itself rather than having Windows running in Virtual. Would that make any difference?

I had to select the Galaxy S option in UnBrickable Mod because that's the only option that will allow the computer to recognize it as a Samsung device. If I select the Galaxy Player option it still shows in development mode.

TheKryptonite

Sep 24, 2012
I used "GalaxyPlayerPart.pit" and "GalaxyPLayerDownloadModeOnly.tar" listed in this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1386669 Galaxy Player 5.0 Bootloader *ONLY* Hard Brick Recovery

I just noticed in the list of steps, it said to load:
-Your OWN copy of Windows installed in Virtualbox
-Samsung drivers installed on Virtual Windows Machine
-The GalaxyPlayer-Bootloader.zip downloaded into Windows

I have Linux installed on a virtual machine and Windows on the PC itself rather than having Windows running in Virtual. Would that make any difference?

I had to select the Galaxy S option in UnBrickable Mod because that's the only option that will allow the computer to recognize it as a Samsung device. If I select the Galaxy Player option it still shows in development mode.

If you don't select Galaxy Player, then I don't think it's going to work. Did you hold unto the power button? Did you install Ubuntu? You have to install Ubuntu, run the Unbrickable Mod in Linux/Ubuntu, and then force download mode in Linux. Afterwards, you switch to Windows (you could do it in the VM, but it worked for me when I switched to the REAL Windows - used my desktop computer instead of my laptop, too) and flash the stock ROM below.

Stock ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432936

Iirc, I don't think I got the files in the Hard Brick Recovery thread to work.

Last edited:

karnor

Feb 21, 2014
If you don't select Galaxy Player, then I don't think it's going to work. Did you hold unto the power button? Did you install Ubuntu? You have to install Ubuntu, run the Unbrickable Mod in Linux/Ubuntu, and then force download mode in Linux. Afterwards, you switch to Windows (you could do it in the VM, but it worked for me when I switched to the REAL Windows - used my desktop computer instead of my laptop, too) and flash the stock ROM below.

Stock ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432936

Iirc, I don't think I got the files in the Hard Brick Recovery thread to work.

I did install Ubuntu on the VM, didn't hold the power button (it won't power on at all - not just stuck, but I'll try that). No matter how many times I try it with the Galaxy Player option, it still shows up in Ubuntu in the VM as in dev mode rather than a Samsung device.

karnor

Feb 21, 2014
This will really show my stupidity (if it's not already obvious), but if I can get the Win7 computer to recognize the player as a Samsung device using the Galaxy S mode in UnBrickable Mod, can I use pit and bootloader files for the Galaxy S in Odin?

TheKryptonite

Sep 24, 2012
This will really show my stupidity (if it's not already obvious), but if I can get the Win7 computer to recognize the player as a Samsung device using the Galaxy S mode in UnBrickable Mod, can I use pit and bootloader files for the Galaxy S in Odin?

So you can hardbrick your device again, lol?

TheKryptonite

Sep 24, 2012
Exactly! :laugh: Although in all honesty, I didn't brick it the first time. I was downloading videos/photos for the first time ever and when I came back the next morning after leaving the device connected to the PC, it wouldn't turn on.

The same thing happened to me, twice. The only difference was, my Galaxy Player froze up, rebooted, and got stuck on the "Samsung" screen. I wonder what caused this. There may have even been a time where it wouldn't turn on, for some time.

Last edited: