[Files] CWM + ROM + ROOT + Drivers + PC Suite + Flash Tool +Mobile Support Tool

Search This thread
S

S0ckM0nk3y

In the title of your thread you should put that these are tested for the "KOREAN Version Only" as to not confuse people until they are tested on the AT&T LG E980 Optimus G Pro

Last edited:

lessthanzach

May 23, 2008
Redding, CA
Really sorry for this dumb question but if I root ONLY, will I lose future updates from my carrier?

Most likely not. However, if you experience issues with future updates then you can just unroot using super su. That will delete all root files and your phone will then be able to do official software updates from your carrier.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Showtek1980

Most likely not. However, if you experience issues with future updates then you can just unroot using super su. That will delete all root files and your phone will then be able to do official software updates from your carrier.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Very much appreciated! Thank you kindly for your reply! I have rooted my G Pro with ease! Thanx sooooo much !!:good:

playerjunglejosh

Dec 23, 2011
Will this root process still work on my LG Optimus G Pro after the over the air update from AT&T?

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app

jdk2

Will this root process still work on my LG Optimus G Pro after the over the air update from AT&T?

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app
I used the root exploit from the LG Optimus G from here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38886073&postcount=1

I would guess they work the same way, but it allowed root after the update from a stock, non-rooted phone. If you're rooted prior to the update, it will still be rooted after the update.

Reactions: Peddyroy

jg01

Jan 5, 2010
All For LG Optimus G Pro

Test for KOREAN Version F240

All Ths files From XQ55.ws (My web site)

LG Flash Tool

LG Mobile Support Tool

LG Optimus G Pro CWM

LG Optimus G Pro ROM

LG Optimus G Pro ROOT

LG USB Drivers

LG PC Suite

More:

[App] Optimus G Pro Wallpapers

If you need Arabic Support
XQ55.ws

To whoever posted this........ This crap don't work for the E980(ATT LG Optimus G Pro). If you post stuff on this site, then add a instructions on how to use it idiot!! Don't waste peoples' time. I tried it and it doesn't work. Moderator...please remove this from this thread!!

Reactions: ajay_fru87

jdk2

To whoever posted this........ This crap don't work for the E980(ATT LG Optimus G Pro). If you post stuff on this site, then add a instructions on how to use it idiot!! Don't waste peoples' time. I tried it and it doesn't work. Moderator...please remove this from this thread!!
I posted this elsewhere, but it bears repeating here:

Grab the drivers, DLL file and the stock image file from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/show...57&postcount=1

Download the LG Flash Tool v 1.5.10.1120 and the MegaLock.dll from this thread: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177...-pass-1628819/ and follow the directions in that thread. It needs no serial and will return you to stock.

shaoran_ojo

Jan 5, 2012
Has anyone try this method with E988 or E989 model? Will this work? I really want to root mine but I'm just not sure if I'm going to brick my device...

P.S. my first LG phone so I want to know the saftest method lol

Thanks in advance!

liamR

Feb 14, 2007
Has anyone try this method with E988 or E989 model? Will this work? I really want to root mine but I'm just not sure if I'm going to brick my device...

P.S. my first LG phone so I want to know the saftest method lol

Thanks in advance!

+1

Did someone try to root this model and succeeded ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts