Search This thread

Blaze03

Apr 19, 2009
already done! .. it lets me change the ID with no errors but it doesnt make any changes after the reboot! :p

bames

Oct 24, 2010
My home button has been going haywire since I installed this rom. Anyone else having this issue? Sometimes I'll be using touch screen and the home button will act as if I'm tapping on it really fast, with haptic feedback and the home button light will blink. The device registers each press.

I also sorta dropped it from a couple feet up recently too... I'm hoping it's the rom, lol.

haven't had that problem
but

i am not getting haptic feedback with the home button. is this a known issue or is it something not affecting others with this rom?

I didn't have one incident where i thought the hardware had failed because the home button and/or back button wasn't working at all and couldn't get out of app drawer. Tried power button menu and it wouldn't work...was about to pull battery when it went back to home screen and everything was working again. Was in the state of limbo 20-25 seconds.

qwertyaas

Aug 17, 2010
depends on privious kernel...if going from same kernel to same...flash away...if changing kernels...disable for safety's sake

I was using stock Cog kernel - so no FB or SM. (But since FB is voodoo enabled, not much reason to disable it for that?)

I've never disabled Lagfix and i've never had any problems with flashing.

Same here. I've flashed plenty of ROMs without disabling lagfix.

Thanks! Coming from Cognition, I just though about the lagfix and the need to disable it (I know many say it isn't necessary any more).

I reserve Odin for actual problems however. Odin before a new flash feels alot like going from Vista to XP to install W7. Only with a risk of bricking you phone ;)

kaljr1980

Sep 28, 2010
Austintown, OH
bootanimation

This is my very first time messing with bootanimation... I would like for any takers to take a look at both and tell me what you think...

They both do work...
You will have to use rootexplorer and move bootanimation.zip to system/media...reboot... and remove the 1 from the other .zip

I take no credit for picture as it was default wallpaper from SN 2.1...

BTW Adam that other default was slick

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    335.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Yaantra

Jul 13, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Can sombody please repost the link to download 2.1? I cannot open the one on OP from my captivate... its all greyed out!

Thanks

Sent from my un-captive Captivate

Phoenix-Lead

Oct 11, 2010
San Diego, CA
This is my very first time messing with bootanimation... I would like for any takers to take a look at both and tell me what you think...

They both do work...
You will have to use rootexplorer and move bootanimation.zip to system/media...reboot... and remove the 1 from the other .zip

I take no credit for picture as it was default wallpaper from SN 2.1...

BTW Adam that other default was slick

I like the second one more. It just needs to be sped up a bit bc it is a bit choppy at the moment. Great job!

skippyg

Oct 30, 2010
Jackson California
haven't had that problem
but

i am not getting haptic feedback with the home button. is this a known issue or is it something not affecting others with this rom?

I didn't have one incident where i thought the hardware had failed because the home button and/or back button wasn't working at all and couldn't get out of app drawer. Tried power button menu and it wouldn't work...was about to pull battery when it went back to home screen and everything was working again. Was in the state of limbo 20-25 seconds.

I have this bug its followed me from andromeda. Im starting to think it might be a hardware issue, however it isn't.as severe if I disable haptic feedback

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

alabamaroping

Oct 5, 2010
Houston
email sync schedule

Does the email client support exchange, and (most importantly) does it support 2 different sync schedules (peak and off-peak)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    supernovapill.png

What is Supernova Infinity?
    Infinity is a JS8 based ROM that gives you the same quality you are used to seeing from Team Phoenix. I am not going to try and sell the ROM to you by telling you it is the fastest, most stable and so on. If you try it, Great! If not, I can tell you you are missing out.

What's it have???
    ..XWJS8 firmware..
    ..JK4 Modem..
    ..Onix v2.0.3 Kernel..
    ..Five lock screen chooser completely themed..
    ..Team Phoenix member Xtreme Custom Purple Dialer..
    ..Call Recording..
    ..Notification Bar Clock Toggle - AM\PM Toggle..
    ..Completely Custom Collaborative theme(Team Phoenix Collaboration plus a few others)..
    ..SuperNova ROM OTA for on the fly flashing of rom/fixes/addons (thanks wilsongis)..​

SCREEN SHOTS
    ad12c09f-f5c4-d43f.jpg
    ad12c09f-f5df-57af.jpg
    ad12c09f-f5fb-e22e.jpg
    ad12c09f-f62e-c58e.jpg

Supernova credits:

adamholden85 - original creator and answerer or my millions of questions
    Xtremekilla-dialer/webmaster/lockscreen maker
    wilsongs - SuperNova OTA creator
    JoeDV-Updating OTA and creating little things that have a big impact
    existz-Kernel
    DAGR8, Iceazar, Soniqu3-clock toggle help
    Rooster
    To all who tested and provided feedback
    Anyone who has contributed to previous SuperNova builds...you know who you are!

A big thanks to all of Team Phoenix. Your help, guidance, and family vibe make this place great!

If you were not thanked and feel as you should be...please PM
    me and your will be rightfully added.

Things to work on...
    Alarm icon on notification bar
    Strange behavior of font in lockscreen clocks.

Change log:
    4/9/11 Infinity 4.1
    ..added FUGU tweaks (nikademus)
    ..added SD read cache script (brainmaster)
    ..added improved in-call dialer with letters (JoeDV)
    ..fixed some UI images
    ..added some cyan themed apps
    ..implementation of SuperNova OTA
    ..added Solar Flare Theme (flash through SuperNova OTA)
    4/17/11
    ..All apps working...including Pandora, Fox News, and Weatherbug
    ..Added Armani font
    ..Added Modded logsprovider to keep mms out of call log
    ..Added Xtreme's HoneyLockMod
    ..Altered a few framework images

Discussion of SuperNova Infinity 4.2 begins here!.
    NO FLAMING OR YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THE THREAD! Think of this thread as an extension of the Phoenix thread where only helpful people are allowed. Flaming is not tolerated.
    MIRRORS:
    Version 4.2:

Here's the file.
    Yeah but my wife hates my phone. So she will never see this. And he needs this lol

As he grabs newter and hugs him again :p

Yeah, my wife doesn't pay attention to this stuff either...just glad I was able to help zel out, he does so much for everyone on here.
    Mainly about the kernel, which wasnt even linked. Not really a big deal to find the kernel thread, just thought it was a surprising lack of effort

This is the part where you say just kidding or something along those lines. I put so much work into these damn ROMS and I don't need someone saying I put too little effort into something. I work FT, have a family, attend college and so on. If the OP is not to your liking, suck it up or move on. That was very disrespectful.