Android 4.4 update rumor

Search This thread

jarein95

Jan 21, 2012
Bilbao
glad to be of help.......

Lloir is your rom , bit i try to port it using a CM version like a base, so we have to thanks you because you make the most hard work!

Thanks Lloir!

Anyways my port doesnt boot, always stay at bootanimation.

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda app-developers app

easy_ci

Jun 21, 2012
NRW
Someone who flashed the rom yet?

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

anks257

Sep 16, 2012
Thane
Although there Isnt any official statement given by HTC or the website itself. There is a good reason to believe that 4.4 kitkat may come to the listed devices. One of the main reasons being that Google itself wants more and more devices to get updated to newer builds of android to curb the growing defragmentation among devices. That is the main reason why 4.4 was built in a way that devices with with processors as low as 512 mb can run kitkat. So there are chances that Google itself may push OEMs a little to update more number of devices to the latest builds.
But for the time being (being a one x owner myself), I think all we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope that we get to taste the kitkat sweetness :)

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jarein95

Jan 21, 2012
Bilbao
http://yadi.sk/d/utrBnLBqCnxn3
Another attempt to port. Replaced the entire folder META-INF. ROM install. With the AromaFM spent the - all the folders, files in place. Conclusion: the need to write the correct updater-script.

Take the uodate script of the CM, it will flash the rom without any problem, you can try and report, but the update script can be the same for all the roms(AOSP ones).

pavik62

Apr 20, 2011
Volgograd
4pda.ru
Take the uodate script of the CM, it will flash the rom without any problem, you can try and report, but the update script can be the same for all the roms(AOSP ones).

It is clear. I've already tried. The point is that instead of 4.4 set_perm_recursive and set_perm - set_metadata_recursive and set_metadata. Yesterday 16 cm were the changes in root, but did not work update. I think the kernel does not support.

Although there Isnt any official statement given by HTC or the website itself. There is a good reason to believe that 4.4 kitkat may come to the listed devices. One of the main reasons being that Google itself wants more and more devices to get updated to newer builds of android to curb the growing defragmentation among devices. That is the main reason why 4.4 was built in a way that devices with with processors as low as 512 mb can run kitkat. So there are chances that Google itself may push OEMs a little to update more number of devices to the latest builds.
But for the time being (being a one x owner myself), I think all we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope that we get to taste the kitkat sweetness :)

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You see there's an inherent flaw in your argument...however much google would like to see android 4.4 on maximum number of devices, there's one major obstacle to this - stupid android skins that run on top of the android base such the (s)hit-wiz from Samdung, sense(less) from HTC, a ripped off version of samdung's ****wiz running on LG, sony's skin etc etc...even if android 4.4 is out 99% of device manufacturers will not bother updating the "old" devices to the latest android version as they will need to update their own skins which is only time consuming assuming there're hardly any users of such legacy devices, UNLESS you are manufacturer with enough financial and human resources to keep developing for legacy devices...rest assured HTC is not such a manufacturer...

humzaahmed155

Dec 30, 2011
London
Lloir is your rom , bit i try to port it using a CM version like a base, so we have to thanks you because you make the most hard work!

Thanks Lloir!

Anyways my port doesnt boot, always stay at bootanimation.

Did you try repacking the kernel? Pull a last_kmsg if you can too

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

pavik62

Apr 20, 2011
Volgograd
4pda.ru
Did you try repacking the kernel? Pull a last_kmsg if you can too

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

All nuclei have tried. Rewrote the updater-script, changed the update-binary, copied file_contexts, that it is impossible. Need a knowledgeable person. Tried to register build.prop sdk = 19, and many programs working. Need a knowledgeable person. As well as a new kernel.

kokusho

May 21, 2010
Paris
The One X runs basicaly the same software as the HTC One, Nvidia does a good job at supporting their SoC. It shouldn't be that costly for HTC to update the HoX to 4.4, Giving us Sense 5 was the big step, now that it's done it's hard to argue against us having the same update as the One.

anoniemouse

Jul 2, 2010
The One X runs basicaly the same software as the HTC One, Nvidia does a good job at supporting their SoC. It shouldn't be that costly for HTC to update the HoX to 4.4, Giving us Sense 5 was the big step, now that it's done it's hard to argue against us having the same update as the One.

The difference is the CPU Qualcomm for the One versus Tegra 3 for the HOX, The One has S-Off we don't.
There is a difference to the coding, if i am correct.(we could all share the same roms otherwise)

and313

Nov 2, 2010
Google Pixel 5
The difference is the CPU Qualcomm for the One versus Tegra 3 for the HOX, The One has S-Off we don't.
There is a difference to the coding, if i am correct.(we could all share the same roms otherwise)

Sorry this is impossible. One is tegra the other is qualcomm... It will never work even if you have soff which doesnt have anything to do with anything

Sent from my EndeavorU using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: atrako1973

atrako1973

Feb 17, 2010
dublin
That's totally inaccurate ,nvidia DOESN'T support their soc, the proof is HTC build sense 5 ,4.2.2 update on an old kernel ,because nvidia gave up on tegra 3 and didn't provide drivers needed for HTC to upgrade kernel ,never again tegra for me

Top Liked Posts