[ROM][GB CM7 based port]MokeeOS by psone1

Search This thread

psone1

Mar 11, 2013
Dębica
MokeeOS ported to HTC Incredible S from*MFUNZ based on Cyanogenmod 7.2 Vivo

Hello! I know, you think OMG gingerbread rom? In 2014? Yep it's sounds like joke, because we have Ics, Jb and even KK roms (thank you szezso). But maybe some people (like me), search rom for daily driver and don't use too much programs who requires android 4+? I make this port some times ago and use in everyday life, it's very smooth, fast and have a great battery life, they haven't any major bugs because is based on ofiicial Cyanogenmod 7.2 I add only some tweaks and apps. Gapps included. Rom have a lot of free Ram, higher then ~400mb even when i'm install basic apps. Say no to lags, and screen freeze;)

Features:
*MOTOBLUR DeskClock Alarm Clock -> Alarm -> Settings -> Alarm Alert Screen -> MOTO BLUR)
*Camera with Qr barcode
*Xperia Launcher 0.9.2c *thanks to*ra3al
*Xperia widgets
*Motorola style sms
*Transparent genie widget
*3 Tabs on status bar notification
*3 Tabs on Settings Menu
*Deodexed
*Zipaligned
*Camera with scanner code
*Mokee Fm radio
*GPS faster fix
*volume keys to aweke (option)
*the foreground application by long-pressing BACK
*disable cpu rendering

...DOWNLOAD...

Instalation:
1. Go to recovery and make an nandroid backup, just in case something goes wrong
2. FULL WIPE:
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache
- wipe cache+dalvik
- wipe dalvik cache
- wipe battery stats
3. Flash the rom (it's already signed)
4. Reboot

After you installed rom you must change values to see buttons, go to Cyanogenmod Settings → Display → Automatic Backlight → light levels → use custom → and change as you like
whlno3f2.png

Screenshots:
dwsm46cx.png

bc9ohvh4.png

37rzksbs.png

37pbflf7.png

r5wc2sm6.png

65mg9tb8.png

bh9e5vg9.png

nmn8bg5h.png

4s4t943r.jpg

bkfvs8om.jpg

Thanks to: all Cyanogenmod team!!! http://www.cyanogenmod.org/
Mokee Team http://www.mfunz.com/
@ra3al for Xperia launcher @dsixda for dsixda's Android Kitchen
@szezso for fighting with new roms and kernels
@poondog for the same
@Eternalman for discover beautiful wallpaper ;)
@mildwild for all Desire roms;)
my girlfriend Ewelina za wyrozumiałość ;)
my Incredible for 1000000xxx times flashing (and still work fine:D )

Last edited:

Eternalman

Dec 2, 2012
Persia!

Hello! I know, you think OMG gingerbread rom? In 2014? Yep it's sounds like joke, because we have Ics, Jb and even KK roms (thank you szezso). But maybe some people (like me), search rom for daily driver and don't use too much programs who requires android 4+? I make this port some times ago and use in everyday life, it's very smooth, fast and have a great battery life, they haven't any major bugs because is based on ofiicial Cyanogenmod 7.2 I add only some tweaks and apps. Gapps included. Rom have a lot of free Ram, higher then ~400mb even when i'm install basic apps. Say no to lags, and screen freeze;)

Features:
*MOTOBLUR DeskClock Alarm Clock -> Alarm -> Settings -> Alarm Alert Screen -> MOTO BLUR)
*Camera with Qr barcode
*Xperia widgets
*Motorola style sms
*3 Tabs on Settings Menu
*Deodexed
*Zipaligned
*Mokee Fm radio
*GPS faster fix
*disable cpu rendering

...DOWNLOAD...

Instalation:
1. Go to recovery and make an nandroid backup, just in case something goes wrong
2. FULL WIPE:
- wipe cache
- wipe cache+dalvik
- wipe dalvik cache
- wipe battery stats
4. Reboot

After you installed rom you must change values to see keys, go to Cyanogenmod Settings → Display → Automatic Backlight → light levels → use custom → and change as you like
whlno3f2.png

Screenshots:
dwsm46cx.png

bc9ohvh4.png

37rzksbs.png

37pbflf7.png

r5wc2sm6.png

65mg9tb8.png

bh9e5vg9.png

nmn8bg5h.png

4s4t943r.jpg

bkfvs8om.jpg

@poondog for the same

Wow! Thanks for the New ROM and for the Credit buddy! Downloading now... :good: :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: psone1

psone1

Mar 11, 2013
Dębica
Thank you too bro!
I made some mods for this Rom too, ad it later. Meanwhile I post screens from benchmark
u4amu5ez.jpg

9epymunu.jpg

Wysłane z mojego Incredible S

Last edited:

midhunpius

Sep 30, 2012
Muscat
Flashed and booted successfully :laugh:. Thank you psone1 :good:

Some findings about the MokeeOS

:)
1. Giving very different experience in appearance and usage.:good:
2. Lots of tweaks :good:
3. Nice battery experience:good:
4. Only 101 mb, including Gapps !!:fingers-crossed:
:(
5. Very very slow performance of Internet and Play store :crying:
6. No auto-focus in camera :rolleyes:
7. Smart Dialer some time not working :(
8. After rebooting battery percentage shown more !!! :eek:

Looking for more...:cyclops:

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 124

james1196

Aug 25, 2012
Sydney
Yeah. I wish this came out back in 2013. I was always hoping for an improved GB ROM. I always found it far quicker, and with impressive battery life, comparing to ICS and JB. Good job mate :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Eternalman

Dec 2, 2012
Persia!
honestly it's a lot faster than any other ROM I've tried
aside from UI changes and compatibility issues
I don't see why you would need to upgrade to Kitkat

I don't know what is wrong with our device... Sense ROMs are always heavier than AOSP or CM ROMs, but they always function better. Tean Venom's ViperVIVO is the heaviest Sense 4.1 ROM, but it functions better than 4.1 or 4.2 or 4.3 or even 4.4 ROMs. The reason why I asked @szezso to debug the Sense 5 ROM was exactly because of this. Sense functions the best.

Beside that, AOSP ROMs don't have a damn thing. All they have is the "Quiet Hours" option. Nothing more for real. We might like it or we might not, but the truth is, we have just kept our device still updated. There is a reason why HTC didn't upgrade our phone to a Sense 4+ ROM. The device just can't handle it even for 90%.

Final words: We need a Sense ROM. Probably the Sense 5 if the Devs can make it work. Minor bugs are toleratable, but main bugs are not going to work out for us... The device already lacks hardware issues. If the software isn't going to be bugless, then the best way is going straight to the rubbish bin and then buy a new phone. I've decided to keep the device for one more year and the get rid of it. I haven't decided what to buy, but I know this phone is no longer even a 5/10 (Except the camera. I haven't seen such an 8 MP camera until today. It was produced 3 years ago, but still it works as a charm.) :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
I don't know what is wrong with our device... Sense ROMs are always heavier than AOSP or CM ROMs, but they always function better. Tean Venom's ViperVIVO is the heaviest Sense 4.1 ROM, but it functions better than 4.1 or 4.2 or 4.3 or even 4.4 ROMs. The reason why I asked @szezso to debug the Sense 5 ROM was exactly because of this. Sense functions the best.

Beside that, AOSP ROMs don't have a damn thing. All they have is the "Quiet Hours" option. Nothing more for real. We might like it or we might not, but the truth is, we have just kept our device still updated. There is a reason why HTC didn't upgrade our phone to a Sense 4+ ROM. The device just can't handle it even for 90%.

Final words: We need a Sense ROM. Probably the Sense 5 if the Devs can make it work. Minor bugs are toleratable, but main bugs are not going to work out for us... The device already lacks hardware issues. If the software isn't going to be bugless, then the best way is going straight to the rubbish bin and then buy a new phone. I've decided to keep the device for one more year and the get rid of it. I haven't decided what to buy, but I know this phone is no longer even a 5/10 (Except the camera. I haven't seen such an 8 MP camera until today. It was produced 3 years ago, but still it works as a charm.) :fingers-crossed:

#teamvenom4lyf

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Features:
    *Camera with Qr barcode
    *Xperia widgets
    *Motorola style sms
    *3 Tabs on Settings Menu
    *Deodexed
    *Zipaligned
    *Mokee Fm radio
    *GPS faster fix
    *disable cpu rendering

...DOWNLOAD...

Instalation:
    2. FULL WIPE:
    - wipe cache
    - wipe cache+dalvik
    - wipe dalvik cache
    - wipe battery stats
    4. Reboot

After you installed rom you must change values to see buttons, go to Cyanogenmod Settings → Display → Automatic Backlight → light levels → use custom → and change as you like
    whlno3f2.png

Screenshots:
    dwsm46cx.png

bc9ohvh4.png

37rzksbs.png

37pbflf7.png

r5wc2sm6.png

65mg9tb8.png

bh9e5vg9.png

nmn8bg5h.png

4s4t943r.jpg

bkfvs8om.jpg

@poondog for the same
    Thank you too bro!
    I made some mods for this Rom too, ad it later. Meanwhile I post screens from benchmark
    u4amu5ez.jpg

9epymunu.jpg

Wysłane z mojego Incredible S

I've totally forgot how to do stuff with CM7. It is like going back to MS Windows XP again LOL :D
    Though it is stable and lagless.

This is not one of the worst phones. So, please be patient, because I am trying to develop a 3.4 kernel.

When I say I'm trying then that means that I am only trying. I cannot guarantee a 3.4 kernel for this phone.
    honestly it's a lot faster than any other ROM I've tried
    aside from UI changes and compatibility issues
    I don't see why you would need to upgrade to Kitkat

I think many believe HTC are more generous than they are
    They are only giving out what they have to. The sense SDK is out so people will make sense apps, and increase popularity of sense
    Their kernel source is a joke, they stripped all comments from it so I don't know what I'm reading
    HTC do all they can to make it hard for the community so we buy their new phones