Download the official a500 OTA ICS upgrade

Search This thread

Mark RS

Sep 11, 2010
I just installed this on a Packard Bell Liberty Tab G100, and it's working fine - Thanks. I followed the standard instructions, the same as for the A500.

-Mark.

Reactions: rebeldx

crazymanc

Apr 24, 2012
manchester
If i install this will it just be the same as if i recived the OTA update or is this what somebody has recived for there a500 if so would my a500 have to have the same gen and build as this file ?

t_r_j

Apr 12, 2012
Like I said before.

The "triangle !" thing is the tablet not seeing the Update.zip file or you SD card is hosed.
Make sure the update.zip is in the ROOT of the card also you may want to format the SD card fat32 using a computer before you use it, do not use "quick format". You may need to format it twice sometimes SD cards fail the long format the first time through.

amphi66

Dec 17, 2010
PacNW
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 7
Using TimmyDeans V4, when this update.zip is copied to the root of the sdcard, is there any reason it cannot be installed via CWM (instead of Acer Recovery)using the "install update.zip from sdcard" option? --LarryS

petrutzh

Jan 3, 2009
miam, miam

The feeling is I that I have a new tablet. Good speed, fast and stable browsing, everything looks much better, movies and HD movies run smoothly, flash movies off the web run much better. There's only one problem( but this is not from ICS: the video and audio yahoo messenger plugin for ICS on A500 don't exist)

t_r_j

Apr 12, 2012
Glad it worked for you!

Can you tell me which method you used to root and where you got the ring?
There seems to be a difference in the builds
PA_CUS1 = US version less languages and no 12 & 13 wifi channels
WW_GEN1 = european version more languages and support for 12 & 13 wifi channels

chickin2000

May 12, 2011
live.xbox.com
Love XDA...

A big thank you to the OP, after 2 days of banging my head against the wall with acer I desided to use this OTA. Had a bit of trouble to begin with, but I renamed the rar wrong.....I was putting "update.zip" and all it needed to be is "update". Im in the uk so I dont know if that made a diff, but its done and thats all I need baby lol. Right, now for ROOT! May check back in a couple of days! Has anyone used the One Click Root? and if so, does it work? Again, a big thanks! :D

greavous93

Nov 20, 2010
Richlands, NC
Just loaded this file with no issues. Was on Flexreaper 12 and used clockworks to install. Unless my tab has kittens later on it went without a hitch.

UPDATE (already!)
I had the Tablet Market installed prior to loading the update file. Just notice that Google Play icon is gone. When I click on any of the features of the tablet market, none of them seem to work. I uninstalled the tablet market and now have no app source other than going via the browser to google play. Anyone have any ideas how to get google play back on the tablet?

UPDATE again.
Figured id delete the above now that ive got this sorted but also figure someone else might use the info.

When all else fails, rebooot! Play Store is back! Duh, I feel dumb now.

Last edited:

OldGaf

Feb 6, 2008
Wow...

Date uploaded: Apr 28, 2012 7:50:22 PM
Times downloaded: 1,115
Last downloaded: Apr 30, 2012 11:38:05 PM

Over 430 gig already..... good thing I got unlimited BW this month :)

Last edited:

UIO77

Aug 5, 2010
Like I said before.

The "triangle !" thing is the tablet not seeing the Update.zip file or you SD card is hosed.
Make sure the update.zip is in the ROOT of the card also you may want to format the SD card fat32 using a computer before you use it, do not use "quick format". You may need to format it twice sometimes SD cards fail the long format the first time through.

Oh well, it has to be something else. I format 3 different sd cards and tried, with the same (now hated) yellow triangle ! ....

OldGaf

Feb 6, 2008
Oh well, it has to be something else. I format 3 different sd cards and tried, with the same (now hated) yellow triangle ! ....

Are you doing it on windows?
If you have "hide known extensions" on you could be naming it update.zip.zip
It has happened to others....

veer01_42

Jul 20, 2011
ASUS ZenFone 7/7 Pro
I had it rooted initially, cant remember what it was honestly. I believe it was a com 1 gen 1. Purchased it off of Amazon in June of 2011.

I updated from the 4.0.3 leak that was posted here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1113878

Acer_A500_7.014.14_041.203.01_COM_GEN1

Initially with this leaked ROM, the rotate wasn't working, but after i rooted it one time then reflashed the same rom rotate started working.

Then i upgraded to this official ROM and it stopped working again.

I tried rooting and reflashing the leaked ROM again in hopes it would work again, but the rotate still didnt work.

Im using the root for the leaked rom on the official one and it is working, however still no rotate when i reflash the offical ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Out of band width.... check here for download:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25590039&postcount=131

======================================================================

Here ya go... worked fine for me but no guarantees.... as usual, use at your own risk.

update.zip <- will work for a bit again (as of June 2 2012)

Lets see how long the bandwidth lasts!

Big thanks to t_r_j for sending me the file.

t_r_j:
    Downloaded Acer_A500_7.014.02_041.205.01_COM_GEN2
    Image version after install
    Acer_AV041_A500_RV05RC01_PA_CUS1
    Build number
    Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1
    I am in the US eastcost. This is my info from the Tablet I captured the image from.

Before: 3.2.1 Acer_A500_7.014.02_COM_GEN2
    After: 4.0.3 Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1
    EC = Embedded Controller
    It's a silicon chips used for low level power control in computer systems.

EC Firmware, the software who really control the EC working, it works independent to the operation system.

EC Firmware Update, update new EC firmware which include bugfix, bugfix, bugfix and bugfix...
    Sometimes OS will require specific EC firmware version to implement some special method, but that is another case.

Because EC firmware update means there is bugfix or control method update in it.
    That's why PA_CUS1 did not include these files really make me confused. :confused:
    So you just did:
    1/ rename the file as : update.zip
    2/ place the file on the micro sd card
    3/ turn off the tablet
    4/ press the down volume key and the power button at the same time untill the tablets turns on
    5/ the iconia will start the upgrade process by itself.

To install this one? I wonder if it will work on a com_gen1..
    Hi, I've downloaded the update.zip file, copy to sd card but do I must unzip the file in the SD car or keep the file in zip mode. When I push on Power and down volume key , the a500 start normaly, without a recovery screen or update

Please Help

Thank !:)

Leave as zip... must be in the root of SD... not in any folder.
    Press and hold until u c small writing on screen.
    Make sure is vol down.... not up.
    Do while power is plugged in.