64GB Micro SDXC card!! $80

Search This thread

Mark.J.Linskiy

Dec 12, 2011
Antelope, CA
www.teamvenum.com
Here is a totally awesome deal for you guys, found this while lurking on slickdeals.

www.adorama.com/IDSMUMSD64G.html

^ $80 dollars. Get it while it is hot.
I thought are phone only support up to 32GB of removable memory. I had a 16GB, but decided to get a Samsung Class 10 32GB since it was a great deal and I think that's more than enough for me lol.

brooksyx

Jan 31, 2011
Vancouver, WA
I thought are phone only support up to 32GB of removable memory. I had a 16GB, but decided to get a Samsung Class 10 32GB since it was a great deal and I think that's more than enough for me lol.

It is only supposed to support up to 32gb but I am pretty sure I read somewhere that someone was using a 64gb. I wouldnt be surprised if 64gb worked just fine.

Pettro

Jan 11, 2011
I ordered two and have used these befofe the sdxc system in the micro sd cards seem to be read as sdhc so that these phones can support it. On an evo even it reads perfectly fine. On the ET4G I havent checked the camera information but it does transfer at 30mb/s (read/write fluctuate between 15-20mb on actual transfer and write is just a bit higher).

downbond

Jul 8, 2010
I have been using the 64gb sdxc card for about a month now. It works great!

When I first installed it my phone did not recognize it. Easy fix....

1.menu
2.Settings
3.Storage
4.Unmount SD card
5.Format SD card

The only minor issue I have had is "media scan" can sometimes take a little long if I have too much media saved on the SD card. I usually just place a period in front of large folders that contain movies and private photos. This will hide the contents of the folder from the "media scan".Then I just access them with ES file explorer. The media scan never takes anymore than a couple seconds and its NOT really an issue.

Also for some strange reason Windows will not recognize the card when plugged in to the computer directly but My Mac will. When transferring files from Windows I just use the USB cord and transfer via mass storage or MTP Application.

BUY IT NOW!!! You will not regret it.

montecristo1

Oct 29, 2008
Northern CA
I forward this to a few techy friends, we always share deals. One of them stated that this site is known for selling counterfeit SD cards...any truth to that? I would hate to dish out this type of money for a fake card.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

Biker1

Oct 28, 2008
I forward this to a few techy friends, we always share deals. One of them stated that this site is known for selling counterfeit SD cards...any truth to that? I would hate to dish out this type of money for a fake card.

Don't know if it's widespread or isolated incidents.
http://photo.net/digital-camera-forum/00LQNF
The above is from 2007 though, so I don't know if it's relative to today.

After extensive Googling, I have come to this conclusion:
There are hardly any incidents about fake SanDisk cards from Adorama.
There is the one incident above, which may have stuck in peoples minds over the years, but is not indicative of a widespread problem.
Most of all that I read about Adorama is positive, or neutral.
Adorama is in NYC, and is in direct competition with B&H Photo, another reputable Dealer to buy electronics from, so I don't think either wants to blow it, so to speak.

The above is just my opinion, but if Adorama had issues with widespread SanDisk problems, I likely would have found it.
Out of the 2 stores above, I usually shop at B&H Photo, whether in store or online. No particular reason other than I went to B&H Photo years ago, and have continued to go there if the price is right. I've been to Adorama once also, and had no issues. I actually purchased recently a SanDisk 16GB Class 6 card from B&H Photo, but purchased the Samsung 32GB Class 10 card a couple of weeks afterwards from another Dealer.

Last edited:

montecristo1

Oct 29, 2008
Northern CA
Thanks Biker1 & The Root for the feedback... I am yet to get let down from buying a product that I heard from a member on xda developers...even more recommended.

Biker1

Oct 28, 2008
Thanks Biker1 & The Root for the feedback... I am yet to get let down from buying a product that I heard from a member on xda developers...even more recommended.

Anytime.
I don't have the card, but from what I've read, I wouldn't hesitate to get it if I was looking for a 64GB card, and Adorama seems like a safe bet ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What are the potential pitfalls of using a 64GB card in the E4GT?

Too much disk space, therefore more time spent taking pics/vids/watching movies resulting in angry wives/gf's feeling neglected?
    Here is a totally awesome deal for you guys, found this while lurking on slickdeals.

www.adorama.com/IDSMUMSD64G.html

^ $80 dollars. Get it while it is hot.
    It will work, only problem is the os wont know what the actual size.

Sent from a phone with kNOw CiQ ;) kOnane...

Not true, it recognizes it fine...
    I have been using the 64gb sdxc card for about a month now. It works great!

When I first installed it my phone did not recognize it. Easy fix....

1.menu
    2.Settings
    3.Storage
    4.Unmount SD card
    5.Format SD card

The only minor issue I have had is "media scan" can sometimes take a little long if I have too much media saved on the SD card. I usually just place a period in front of large folders that contain movies and private photos. This will hide the contents of the folder from the "media scan".Then I just access them with ES file explorer. The media scan never takes anymore than a couple seconds and its NOT really an issue.

Also for some strange reason Windows will not recognize the card when plugged in to the computer directly but My Mac will. When transferring files from Windows I just use the USB cord and transfer via mass storage or MTP Application.

BUY IT NOW!!! You will not regret it.

Don't know if it's widespread or isolated incidents.
    http://photo.net/digital-camera-forum/00LQNF
    The above is from 2007 though, so I don't know if it's relative to today.

After extensive Googling, I have come to this conclusion:
    There are hardly any incidents about fake SanDisk cards from Adorama.
    There is the one incident above, which may have stuck in peoples minds over the years, but is not indicative of a widespread problem.
    Most of all that I read about Adorama is positive, or neutral.
    Adorama is in NYC, and is in direct competition with B&H Photo, another reputable Dealer to buy electronics from, so I don't think either wants to blow it, so to speak.

The above is just my opinion, but if Adorama had issues with widespread SanDisk problems, I likely would have found it.
    Out of the 2 stores above, I usually shop at B&H Photo, whether in store or online. No particular reason other than I went to B&H Photo years ago, and have continued to go there if the price is right. I've been to Adorama once also, and had no issues. I actually purchased recently a SanDisk 16GB Class 6 card from B&H Photo, but purchased the Samsung 32GB Class 10 card a couple of weeks afterwards from another Dealer.