[ROM]U8800pro, HORSEMAGEDDON NEW , TV-OUT works , and GUIDE for returning to froyo

Search This thread

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
@abouts

Rookie's Guide with stock froyo rom .

Turn off your phone.
Hold vol + , vol- and power on , until a pink screen appears.
Connect usb cable to laptop and it appears a window with image folder .
Save this stock image folder to your pc .
Then , open image folder and replace the "recovery.img" , with this ..( http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1ppwv0zavy09a04 ).. recovery 5.0.2.7 for u8800 pro ( extract the zip first to find the "recovery.img" ).
After the replacement of recovery.img , disconnect usb cable , pull battery out , and after 10 second insert it again .
Then hold vol+ and power on , continuously for 15 seconds , until the CWM recovery 5.0.2.7 appears.
Navigate into recovery with vol buttons , confirm with search button , and back with arrow back button.
Then , you have to take a backup of your phone's stock rom .
Choose , "backup and restore" , from recovery menu and choose "back up" , it'll take about 5 min to finish , depending on numper of applications you have .
Then , go back to recovery menu and choose "reboot system now".
After boot , connect your phone to your laptop again and you'll see in your sd card a new folder , "clockworkmod" folder ( this is your stock's rom backup ) , save this folder also in your laptop , along with stock "image" folder.
Then , put the zip of the rom .. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lzma1gl260g58ml .. ( Horsemageddon_NEW.zip ) in your sd card , without extract it .
Disconnect your phone and turn it of .
You're ready to flash , Horsemageddon NEW
Get into recovery again ( vol+ , power on continuously ) and follow the "INSTALLATION" method , described in first post .... :beer:

EDIT
Renaming stock recovery to "recovery.backup.img" or anything else , is optional , assuming you allready save whole stock "image folder .

Sent from my U8800 Pro using xda premium

Last edited:

abouts

Feb 3, 2013
Thanks!

But in case i want to go to the stock froyo, after i 've followed your instructions and made a backup,
is there a guide to get back to froyo by using the backup i've made?

I own you a BIG THANKS!:good:

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
Thanks!

But in case i want to go to the stock froyo, after i 've followed your instructions and made a backup,
is there a guide to get back to froyo by using the backup i've made?

I own you a BIG THANKS!:good:

Of course you can go back to stock.
That's why you make a backup.

How to restore your backup.
Put the "clockworkmod" folder in your sd card .
Turn off the phone , and get into recovery ( 5.0.2.7 ) .
Now choose , backup and restore .
Then choose the option "restore" .
Select to restore your backup , and after finishing you will be again with stock rom .

jwol215

Dec 15, 2012
I have XP, how do I go about using the USB tether. Also, what kind of cable do I need to use to get TV out to work?

jwol215

Dec 15, 2012
Anyway to get youtube live stream working on here or is it not possible with a froyo based device?

baggino

Jan 28, 2011
I had no problems while I was on froyo. I did not back up the file image Froyo ... someone can send it to me I want to try to put recovery image file starting from froyo. my terminal continues to reboot

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield
HELP - stuck in bootloop

I installed the HORSEMAGEDDON ROM and it worked - for the most part. But it kept giving me annoying errors about different apps that were attempting to update every time I turned it on. So I tried to restore my backup that I had made with CWM 6.0.2.8. It appeared to restore okay except it didn't find an sd-ext so skipped restoring it. However the backup apparently did not restore properly because it now boot loops back into CWM any time I try to start it. I get the errors:

E:Can't open cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open cache/recovery/last_log

So I tried to reflash HORSEMAGEDDON but it still loops back into the CWM recovery screen.

I have wiped everything according to the instructions on the HORSEMAGEDDON thread.

HELP!! This happened to me on another U8800-51 phone and I wound up hard bricking it trying to get back to stock

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
I installed the HORSEMAGEDDON ROM and it worked - for the most part. But it kept giving me annoying errors about different apps that were attempting to update every time I turned it on. So I tried to restore my backup that I had made with CWM 6.0.2.8. It appeared to restore okay except it didn't find an sd-ext so skipped restoring it. However the backup apparently did not restore properly because it now boot loops back into CWM any time I try to start it. I get the errors:

So I tried to reflash HORSEMAGEDDON but it still loops back into the CWM recovery screen.

I have wiped everything according to the instructions on the HORSEMAGEDDON thread.

HELP!! This happened to me on another U8800-51 phone and I wound up hard bricking it trying to get back to stock

The instructions are for u8800pro ...
This is a froyo 2.2 rom and you must ask a -51 user about how to flash this rom without problems ..

Στάλθηκε από το u8800pro μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk 2

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield
The instructions are for u8800pro ...
This is a froyo 2.2 rom and you must ask a -51 user about how to flash this rom without problems ..

In numerous posts throughout the U8800 forums people have flashed Pro ROM's to -51 phones. The problem is NOT that I not couldn't flash this ROM to my phone. It WORKED just fine. It is when I attempted to restore back to stock I ran into issues.

I really hope I can get some solid advice and not be told what I shouldn't have done even when it worked just fine.

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
In numerous posts throughout the U8800 forums people have flashed Pro ROM's to -51 phones. The problem is NOT that I not couldn't flash this ROM to my phone. It WORKED just fine. It is when I attempted to restore back to stock I ran into issues.

I really hope I can get some solid advice and not be told what I shouldn't have done even when it worked just fine.
You cannot restore a backup from a gb or ics rom when you are in froyo ...
Maybe you must flash an official rom to solve your problem, but still i'm not sure if it's the same procedure as on u8800pro ..
Follow the -51 procedure to flash an official firmware .

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield
You cannot restore a backup from a gb or ics rom when you are in froyo ...
Maybe you must flash an official rom to solve your problem, but still i'm not sure if it's the same procedure as on u8800pro ..
Follow the -51 procedure to flash an official firmware .

Where in my posts did you see that I made the backup from ICS or Gingerbread? I was on 2,2 when I flashed the Horsemageddon ROM. It is a Foryo based ROM, not ICS or Gingerbread. Before I flashed it I backed up from CWM on 2.2. So how do you make the illogical conclusion I was trying to restore a Gingerbread or ICS backup?

If you know where I can find a procedure to fix my problem or if you can give me the steps to do so then please help me out. Otherwise stop making stupid statements that have absolutely nothing to do with my situation or problem. I don't mean to be rude but you are not helping at all and you don't seem to know what you are talking about.

Reactions: gkalen

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
Where in my posts did you see that I made the backup from ICS or Gingerbread? I was on 2,2 when I flashed the Horsemageddon ROM. It is a Foryo based ROM, not ICS or Gingerbread. Before I flashed it I backed up from CWM on 2.2. So how do you make the illogical conclusion I was trying to restore a Gingerbread or ICS backup?

If you know where I can find a procedure to fix my problem or if you can give me the steps to do so then please help me out. Otherwise stop making stupid statements that have absolutely nothing to do with my situation or problem. I don't mean to be rude but you are not helping at all and you don't seem to know what you are talking about.

Yes, i'm totally stupid , i'm so sorry that i couldn't understand your problem , you were so sufficient at your previous posts ...
Maybe a -51 user can help you

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield
Yes, i'm totally stupid , i'm so sorry that i couldn't understand your problem , you were so sufficient at your previous posts ...
Maybe a -51 user can help you

I apologize for implying that you are stupid. It is not what I meant, but my frustration level with this problem is very high. I do realize I wasn't extremely clear in my original post.

Okay. Here is what I did step by step:

1. I was on Stock 2.2.2 Froyo and flashed HORSEMAGEDDON successfully. But I had some errors related to updates since it was such an old ROM the updates were all for much newer versions of the apps tied to 4.x.x.
2. I attempted to restore my backup made with CWM 6 to return to the stock. It said it completed successfully but when I rebooted it just looped into the recovery screen with the error messages posted in my first post.
3. So I tried to reflash HORSEMAGEDDON and it said it completed successfully. But it still bootloops into recovery.
4. I can access most of the features of the recovery. I can access the pink screen and swap recovery versions. I can access my SD card from my PC when I mount it from recovery.
5. Yes, I did do full wipes with each attempt to reflash.

The ROM was not the problem. It worked and worked well other than update issues for apps. It was only after attempting to restore to stock I ran into issues.

The problem appears to be something was corrupted when I tried to restore my backup, even though it said it completed successfully.

So if I try to flash yet another custom ROM, even if I could find one I trust given all of the version issues etc., I don't think it would act any differently. But if somebody can recommend one I am all ears. Keep in mind I have a -51 phone so it will have to be for that or the PRO.

Given that, how can I get back to stock? Am I the only person who has ever had this problem? I don't believe that is the case, so somebody must know how to fix it or can point me to a procedure to repair the internal memory.

Help!!

Reactions: gkalen

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
I apologize for implying that you are stupid. It is not what I meant, but my frustration level with this problem is very high. I do realize I wasn't extremely clear in my original post.

Okay. Here is what I did step by step:

1. I was on Stock 2.2.2 Froyo and flashed HORSEMAGEDDON successfully. But I had some errors related to updates since it was such an old ROM the updates were all for much newer versions of the apps tied to 4.x.x.
2. I attempted to restore my backup made with CWM 6 to return to the stock. It said it completed successfully but when I rebooted it just looped into the recovery screen with the error messages posted in my first post.
3. So I tried to reflash HORSEMAGEDDON and it said it completed successfully. But it still bootloops into recovery.
4. I can access most of the features of the recovery. I can access the pink screen and swap recovery versions. I can access my SD card from my PC when I mount it from recovery.
5. Yes, I did do full wipes with each attempt to reflash.

The ROM was not the problem. It worked and worked well other than update issues for apps. It was only after attempting to restore to stock I ran into issues.

The problem appears to be something was corrupted when I tried to restore my backup, even though it said it completed successfully.

So if I try to flash yet another custom ROM, even if I could find one I trust given all of the version issues etc., I don't think it would act any differently. But if somebody can recommend one I am all ears. Keep in mind I have a -51 phone so it will have to be for that or the PRO.

Given that, how can I get back to stock? Am I the only person who has ever had this problem? I don't believe that is the case, so somebody must know how to fix it or can point me to a procedure to repair the internal memory.

Help!!

I don't know the procedure to flash official firmware on -51 ...
I can't help you, i have u8800pro and the same problem you can solve it by flashing official firmware.
Hope a -51 user will help you, or ask somcom3x , maybe he can help you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello , dear community
    This is my first attempt of making a rom , based on stock 2.2.2 B026

I'm not a developer ,so i cannot fix bugs.

This rom is not as ,miui,cyanogen or ics , BUT i can confirm that ,people who wants a phone totally workable without bugs and really fast , gonna love this rom ...

Kernel sources from genokolar .... https://github.com/genokolar/kernel_u8800

CHANGELOG

Rooted
    Busybox
    Zipaligned
    Deodexed
    FPS limit unlocked to 55,5
    /data/app functionality
    Nano text editor + sysro/sysrw
    Bash (command shell)
    /etc/init.d scripts support
    Genocolar's .32 O/C kernel
    Modded , framework.jar
    Modded , services.jar for transparent statusbar , pulldown bar
    New , bootanimation
    Themed
    New , patched libsqlite.so for 2.2
    Build.prop and init.d , Tweaks
    16 themed system apps

Deleted applications
    app server.apk , email.apk , huawei launcher 2.apk , hwime.apk , richpad.apk , socialext.apk , talk.apk , twitter.apk ,layar.apk and more ....

Added applications ....... :cool:

ROOKIE'S GUIDE , WITH STOCK FROYO ROM 2.2.2
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37557094

INSTALLATION
    Boot into recovery (5.0.2.7 for U8800 pro )
    wipe data / factory reset
    wipe cache
    advanced and wipe dalvik cache
    mounts and storage and format system
    install zip from sd card
    Choose , the latest version of Horse Rom
    After installation completes , choose , reboot system now
    Wait for 3-5 minutes to boot ( dont worry , it needs some more time to boot )...
    ENJOY a great ,fast ,stable and ( as far as i know) non bugs release

TO ENABLE TV OUT MENU ...
    go to this thread ... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1668829

FINAL RELEASES
    HORSEMAGEDDON NEW (21/01/2013)
    Changelog
    Added
    Entrpopy generator implemented in the rom.
    Custom black background.
    Updated kickasskernel.
    Ics fonts
    New lockscreen sliders
    Adw launcher

Download
    HORSEMAGEDDON NEW (21/01/2013)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?lzma1gl260g58ml

Enjoy.... :cool:

HORSE THEMED SERIES

BLACK BLUE HORSE V1 (24/12/2012)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?70izo5da1rque13

Added stock camera for users with atmel.
    Background menu changed to normal black .
    20121224040320.jpg 20121224040310.jpg 20121224040234.jpg

BLACK BLUE HORSE ( 23/12/2012 )
    Changelog
    Custom background menu
    Themed , framework-res ,framework-res-hwext ,phone ,contacts ,mms ,settings and deskclock applications

Download Black Blue Horse
    http://www.mediafire.com/?wsei5pd5zfzzpa2
    Screenshots
    20121219165407.jpg 20121219165458.jpg 20121219224913.jpg 20121220023528.jpg

20121220111426.jpg 20121220111449.jpg 20121220115501.jpg 20121220120121.jpg

20121220120237.jpg 20121220121144.jpg 20121223005354.jpg

PREVIOUS RELEASES ( White background menu )

HORSEMAGEDDON FINAL ( 22/10/2012 )

Changellog
    Changed , dialer incall background and fixed the incall notification text from black to white ( i forgot to change it in previous version )
    Cleaned build.prop
    Added , sony bravia mobile engine v2 and xloud engine , thanks to a lot of threads like this ... http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1503398 , and this ... http://mygalaxywonder.blogspot.gr/20...n-any-rom.html , and more.

DOWNLOAD , HorseMAGEDDON Final ( 22/10/2012 )
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yxhcl7axdp463v6

HORSE SuperFastICS ( 09/09/2012 )

DOWNLOAD , HORSE SuperFastICS ( 09/09/2012 )
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1ga6umqse7z7af2

HORSE SuperFastFroyo (04/09/2012)

DOWNLOAD

HORSE_SuperFastFroyo.zip (04/09/2012)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7ydgudbezr8dpow

It's an almost stock themed rom ( based on B026 ) which i delete some trashapps and the HWauncher , BUT includes all of my modds , some files from B041 and a NEW build.prop , also i change the battery icon on statusbar and add Nemus launcher.

Special thanks , to ...
    ZEPPELINROX FOR HIS GREAT WORK
    http://xdaforums.com/show...postcount=5021
    Lambgx02 for entropy generator ... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1987032
    Ryinferno ... http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4576707
    KALO , TERMAGAZIS , MARIOSbbs ,FILATOV.p , SKIPPED , ZONTOVOLO and PIKACHUKAKI
    Kalo , for just a single P.M ( helped me a lot )
    Termagazis , for just a small sentence who opens my eyes and for his guide to return to froyo
    Mariosbbs , for uploading the stock 2.2.2 firmware which i took and made this rom
    Filatov.p , because found a name for this Rom
    Pikachukaki , for his great support and i hope to get his phone back as soon as possible, to starts again his extraordinary flashing madness .... :)
    Skipped , for making this rom worked on , U8800-51
    Zontovolo , because he ask for it :) , and i like him
    Tzivas31 , because is my manager ... :p

NOTE
    To install this rom , you must downgrade to Froyo (2.2.2 stock rom)
    This rom is for old baseband and DO NOT TRY TO install it over any of the officials releases ( b512 , b540 , b572... etc) or any other rom like cyanogen or miui

GUIDE FOR DOWNGRADE TO FROYO (made by termagazis)
    HOW TO GET BACK TO FROYO
    A guide (.pdf), and a special package to return to froyo

VERSIONS FOR DOWNGRADE TO FROYO
    the version in this package is , B025
    http://www.mediafire.com/?qr2a66qwmhvqqun

and the version here , step 2 ( from Mariosbbs )
    http://www.mediafire.com/?883cqyggibpy9gm
    is the , B026

extract the content of the .zip file
    you will found , a .pdf guide
    do the first steps .........
    when you finished with the first step ,, update app (1,11mb),,, phone reboots ,,,,,,,
    right after first reboot
    pull out battery
    pull out sd card
    delete the ,, update app (1,11mb) ,, from ,dload, folder and copy the other ,, update app (255mb) ,, inside the ,dload, folder
    insert sd card
    insert battery
    and do as you did with first step, ( vol+ ,vol- ,power on )
    when it finished ,the phone will reboot (dont worry ,it needs some more time to boot) on stock 2.2.2 firmware

After that you can install recovery.img(5.0.2.7) via pink screen
    Boot into recovery
    Do the wipes
    And flash the latest Horse version above

I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BAD HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE .... :cool:
    FINAL RELEASES

HORSE GB Lite (29/05/2012)
    changelog
    this is a light version with only ,, flash player ,, root explorer and smart keyboard added ( for anything else you can download it from market )
    Themed like , Horse Black GB
    Deleted even more system applications (based on Kalo's philosophy)
    Deleted about 4mb of unused lib files (based on Kalo's philosophy)
    Added battery MOD (thanks to Fillatov , who find this ... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1621808
    Added go launcher as system launcher (Theme as UI 3.0)

DOWNLOAD ,, HORSE GB Lite (29/05/2012)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?q37gtsd8dst0n2a

The , HORSE GB FINAL ,, WILL BE READY TOMMOROW

screenshots

20120518111733.jpg 20120518044326.jpg

20120518044301.jpg

ENJOY , another one great release ..... :)
    FINAL RELEASE
    HORSE GB FINAL (01/06/2012)
    Changelog
    Themed as Horse GB Lite
    Added ,,, updated applications
    Deleted,,, system apps and unused libs
    Added ,,, moded camera.apk

DOWNLOAD ,, Horse GB Final (01/06/2012)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4sb32z1rp24kbxp

Screenshots in previous page

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU GUYS

No more updates anymore ,, except if i found something really good
    I'm gonna work a little more on camera.apk ....
    Maybe i will provide some more themes ....

ENJOY ....... :)
    this is great news gkalenis. can't wait to flash you new rom. i hate the white menu in froyo settings. is it going to be black the contacts menu also? :cyclops:

All menu backgrounds are black , settings,contacts,etc....
    And i add a new .png file , that anyone can change the background with any image ( 480×800 ) he likes as background.
    I send you a p.m. to our greek forum to test the new framework_res_hwext.apk

Would be nice to have update zip instead of flashig whole rom, or thats too complicated?

Btw, what abaut other colors, are you planning more various themes like grey, gree&grey, black&orange etc etc :)

I understand this takes time and you dont get any benefit from what you do to us, I'm just asking :)

Sent from my U8800PRO

Well zyzas , i can do a lot of theming now , i can change almost everything in framework and i can do it with flashable zip.
    Also others Horse Riders , asked me for other themes and colours and i have to tell you that i will support this rom with theming .
    I'm happy of learning a lot of thinks in XDA community , i don't care of benefits right now , i just want to learn more ... so i want a little patience from all of you to release more themes with new colours.

NEW RELEASE

HORSE POWER BLACK (Greek,English version )
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ay4nn193r3dax1d

HORSE POWER BLACK , multilang version
    http://www.mediafire.com/?nk9z325zaw7oj2i

just the links now , and i will refresh the first page later ...

IMPORTAND

After flashing this rom ,,,, "Fasten your seatbelts please" :)

20120421035453.jpg ..... :eek: