• Stock - Same as used in build 0101, compact qwerty included

Votes: 14 29.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

jeeman

Aug 12, 2008
gti...

The Keyboard worked flawlessly until I loaded build 0105 Last week. I find it hard to believe that the keyboard went just because of a ROM swap. I guess I have to reload a MightyROM onto my TP to see if it still works.

My keyboard has worked flawlessly on stock roms. Then I flash nfsfan 104, and the keyboard would sometimes not work, even after a soft reset. Updated to 108, and it's about 70% of the time, keyboard doesn't work, even after a soft reset. Touch Pro is just a Touch Diamond without the keyboard....I need the keyboard.

I just reset it, and the keyboard is working again, and then 10-15 mins later, it stops working.

J.eremy

My keyboard has worked flawlessly on stock roms. Then I flash nfsfan 104, and the keyboard would sometimes not work, even after a soft reset. Updated to 108, and it's about 70% of the time, keyboard doesn't work, even after a soft reset. Touch Pro is just a Touch Diamond without the keyboard....I need the keyboard.

I just reset it, and the keyboard is working again, and then 10-15 mins later, it stops working.

Ok so ur saying the keyboard worked perfect 100% of the time and then you flashed NFSFANS rom and then it stopped working 100% of the time.

Did you hard reset it right after you flashed the NFSFAN rom.

Stock > NFSFANs ROM > Hard Reset > Profit!

If you havent or even if you have be sure and just go to
START > Settings > System > Clear Storage

Last edited:

jeeman

Aug 12, 2008
Ok so ur saying the keyboard worked perfect 100% of the time and then you flashed NFSFANS rom and then it stopped working 100% of the time.

Did you hard reset it right after you flashed the NFSFAN rom.

Stock > NFSFANs ROM > Hard Reset > Profit!

If you havent or even if you have be sure and just go to
START > Settings > System > Clear Storage

Not exactly. It works sometimes. Other times, it doesn't. I can't even figure out what happens before it stops working.

I did the hard reset, nothing.

I just tried the Clear storage, and it cleared out all my settings, and I'm back to the basic 108 ROM. Five minutes later, the keyboard isn't working again.

J.eremy

Not exactly. It works sometimes. Other times, it doesn't. I can't even figure out what happens before it stops working.

I did the hard reset, nothing.

I just tried the Clear storage, and it cleared out all my settings, and I'm back to the basic 108 ROM. Five minutes later, the keyboard isn't working again.

I know it sucks but try this.

Flash the stock rom from whoever is your carrier back on the phone.
do a hard reset/clear storage.
Flash NFSFAN's rom back on the phone
do another hard reset/clear storage.

sounds like something went maybe a little loopy during the flash. possibly a driver corruption or something.

If that doesnt fix it there very well might be something wrong with your phone physically.

i2nd2none

Nov 7, 2007
is there a fix for sprint tv to work? a cab ? can anyone help? I have tried asking before but no reply or answer? I have tried calkulins cab fix but unable to install on device? i'm using b0108 version on sprint network btw..any help appreciated..thanks..

rwcj63

Dec 22, 2007
is there a fix for sprint tv to work? a cab ? can anyone help? I have tried asking before but no reply or answer? I have tried calkulins cab fix but unable to install on device? i'm using b0108 version on sprint network btw..any help appreciated..thanks..

at the moment, no fix on his roms.

rsbrown69

Feb 5, 2007
Crashing

I flashed 108 and about half the day into using it the phone froze up. I had to reload 108 again, did the hard reset both times afterward and this time it kept losing programs I installed. The phone did what I thought was a soft reset all by itself and made me go through the setup all over again. I flashed back to 107.

Edit: the phone was doing the same thing in 107 so I flashed the factory rom , did a hard reset, reloaded 108 and did a hard reset. I am keeping my finger crossed because I am in Ethiopia for another 6 weeks and it would be pretty tough getting a replacement here.

Last edited:

GatorsUF

May 22, 2009
Sarasota, FL
Android Wear
OnePlus 8
How do I get QuickGPS to work? I installed it, but when I go to run it it says:

The file "QuickGPS" cannot be opened. Either its not signed by a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem presists try reinstalling or restoring this file.

Not sure what to do...

On a side note, how do I add my city to the weather tab in Rhodium?

jeeman

Aug 12, 2008
I know it sucks but try this.

Flash the stock rom from whoever is your carrier back on the phone.
do a hard reset/clear storage.
Flash NFSFAN's rom back on the phone
do another hard reset/clear storage.

sounds like something went maybe a little loopy during the flash. possibly a driver corruption or something.

If that doesnt fix it there very well might be something wrong with your phone physically.

ok, flashed back to stock, and keyboard is dead, dead, dead. I googled it, and there are heat related issues with the keyboard dying.

I have a guess....when I was doing all the flashing and syncing, my phone got really hot...and it was about that time, the keyboard started to act aberrantly. It just finally died today...can't get it to work at all.

So, it's not the ROM's fault....it's a defect in HTC's phone.

Tipharet

May 6, 2009
ok, flashed back to stock, and keyboard is dead, dead, dead. I googled it, and there are heat related issues with the keyboard dying.

I have a guess....when I was doing all the flashing and syncing, my phone got really hot...and it was about that time, the keyboard started to act aberrantly. It just finally died today...can't get it to work at all.

So, it's not the ROM's fault....it's a defect in HTC's phone.

Yeah thats an unofficial "known issue"

Aneirin

Jun 4, 2009
Milwaukee
in 106 appointments wouldn't show up in the calendar, but it would display the days weather. Now in 108 the appointments show up but not the weather. Is it possible to get it to work with both the weather and the appointments? GPS has worked perfectly for me without even installing the carrier cab for Sprint. I don't know why so many people seem to have that issue. I also have not experienced an issue with gmail. I setup my gmail account right after hard resetting and it worked just fine. *shrugs*

rsbrown69

Feb 5, 2007
Time Keeps changing

I have noticed with the last few TF3D2 builds the time keeps changing by itself, and it changes every time I sync with the computer. I had disabled the automatic time adjust in the phone settings but it didn't help. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

jmorton10

Jul 1, 2008
Rochester, NY
WMWifirouter problems??

Does this latest ROM have a problem with WMWifirouter??

Today, I hard reset 4 times in a row & installed various versions (including 1.52) of WMWifirouter as the very next step.

Each time, WMWifirouter would work fine until I soft reset & after that my WiFi connection was all messed up (it wouldn't connect to WiFi at all).

Thinking it might be my phone, I temporarily went back to merdin's 6.5 ROM & when I did that both WMWifirouter & my WiFi connection worked perfectly.

I use WMWifirouter daily so I need to get this solved. I really like this ROM a LOT, but I will have to go back to merdin's until I can solve this??

~John

uavtech

Apr 15, 2009
sms text wrap

Anybody else having issues with text not wrapping properly in sms (text messaging)? This issue is only occuring for me in landscape mode (hard keyboard exposed).

slickcat

Jan 19, 2008
Anybody else having issues with text not wrapping properly in sms (text messaging)? This issue is only occuring for me in landscape mode (hard keyboard exposed).

Yes I'm running into this very issue as well. I'm also noticing that the focus is not placed in the entry box by default for SMS messages and I think this may have something to do with the contact card view but not for certain.

bedlam247

Feb 29, 2008
Yes I'm running into this very issue as well. I'm also noticing that the focus is not placed in the entry box by default for SMS messages and I think this may have something to do with the contact card view but not for certain.

If you select "all messages" and reply from there, the text will wrap around. Hope that helps.

slickcat

Jan 19, 2008
If you select "all messages" and reply from there, the text will wrap around. Hope that helps.

Thank you for the reply. That is what I've been doing as a workaround to the issue but was hoping that there would be a way to make the text box in the contact card style take the focus when going in to landscape.