{HELP} Interactive Help Forum!{TUTORIALS} Where questions are encouraged!

Search This thread

Darkman

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2012
Germany
Hello i`m new in the Developer Section :D

I hope i can find here some how teach me for making a Root Injected ROM for an Samsung Device (GT-I9295 S4 Active).

I have make many deodexed ROMs and a few MODs for the Samsung Note 10.1 ... i work with Dsixda`s Kitchen (great Tool!) and Cygwin.

With Dsixdas Kitchen i can extract System.img and i can Root the boot.img and added SuperSU + files in the System Folders.

How can i now repack the system.img for flashing over Odin?

I hope the question is here on the right place!?

Brute.Force

Omega 4.1.2 version of SGS2.. Sadly there are lot of coding changes in the updater-script.. So i figured it may not even boot.. So now trying to port Xperia Z's stock ROM to Xperia S.. But still, for any ROM, i have to be able to unpack boot.img right? In this case, i find that error in the attachment.. Why is it so??

You can use dsixda kitchen to unpack boot.img . You need to unpack boot.img only if you are porting stock roms.

tOrNadO™

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2012
Bangalore
You can use dsixda kitchen to unpack boot.img . You need to unpack boot.img only if you are porting stock roms.

Yes bro.. Its a stock based ROM i was trying to port.. I tried to unpack boot.img of my CM10 ROM.. I wasn't able to.. Some error.. So stopped the port.. Now i am trying to port Stock Xperia Z ROM to my Xperia S.. Just for the sake of Stamina Mode.. :/

itlnstln

Sep 1, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I'm a relative novice to Android development and I have a question about the notification light, specifically for the N4. I have a 4.3 ROM for personal use that want to increase the pulse speed for notifications. There are apps that do this (Light Flow), but I want to make a permanent change to the ROM to avoid installing an app for a simple tweak. Is there a build.prop/framework/config setting somewhere that controls this? Also, if I don't feel like recompiling the ROM for one change, is there a way to make the change post-compile? TIA, sorry for the noobiness.

KemikalElite

Jan 28, 2011
Google Pixel 3
OnePlus 7 Pro

Wow its been such a long time since I've done anything development related that I forgot I posted that.

I haven't posted anything new to it in quite a while but I hope to start updating it again soon. Also anyone is welcome to join and make additions and improvements.

--------

I have a question for who ever might be experienced enough to know about this. In CyanogenMod 7 there was built-in OpenVPN support.

(meaning to use openvpn you could go to Settings > Networks > VPN > OpenVPN and connect with it the same way you could connect to a VPN on stock Android. Instead of having to download a separate app.)

After Android 4+/CM9+ It wasn't included as a feature. Does anyone know if there's any way to merge this into 4.3?

I assume this would involve forking from github and updating the code to make it compatible with CM10.

Using the apps for it from the Play Store always get killed if I use too much memory and Android has the Always on VPN option so I thought about using that instead.

Wopped from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

KemikalElite

Jan 28, 2011
Google Pixel 3
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hey I'm trying to combine two system.ui apks, is this possible and if so how would I do this?

You can edit APKs by opening them in an archive program such as WinRAR or 7zip.

Also as a tip: If you're looking to do any sort of theme customizing most of the parts for it are going to be inside the framework-res.apk, which is also releated to systemui.apk

^I'm_With_Stupid

Apr 2, 2013
You can edit APKs by opening them in an archive program such as WinRAR or 7zip.

Also as a tip: If you're looking to do any sort of theme customizing most of the parts for it are going to be inside the framework-res.apk, which is also releated to systemui.apk

Thank you :victory:

wassgha

Sep 13, 2011
Hello guys, Please if anyone can help me please reply! Here is my problem:
I am trying to port a LewaOs Rom to my Mtk6598 phone using this program http://chinaphonearena.com/forum/Thr...-Tool?pid=5482 , and after a lot of tries I ended up with a ROM that gets past the "Android" logo, shows the boot animation then does a small vibration as if it was gonna show up the launcher however it continues to show the boot animation and do that small vibration each 10 seconds or so... Can someone please tell me what could the problem be? What files should I change for it to work? Thanks.

xylu

Aug 29, 2011
Philippines
www.edajpage.weebly.com
Hello guys, Please if anyone can help me please reply! Here is my problem:
I am trying to port a LewaOs Rom to my Mtk6598 phone using this program http://chinaphonearena.com/forum/Thr...-Tool?pid=5482 , and after a lot of tries I ended up with a ROM that gets past the "Android" logo, shows the boot animation then does a small vibration as if it was gonna show up the launcher however it continues to show the boot animation and do that small vibration each 10 seconds or so... Can someone please tell me what could the problem be? What files should I change for it to work? Thanks.

i think you have to provide the experts your logcat, for them to see whats wrong.. :)

VegasEvo4G

Feb 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Does anyone know how to add a custom image for the status bar in a ROM that has a built in status bar color picker in settings? I'm theming a touch wiz based ROM and would always change status_bar.xml and tw_status_bar.XML in layout to call a drawable PNG instead of a color. However, in the newest update, the rom now has a built in status bar color picker and theming those two xmls in layout does nothing. Any ideas?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Gava97

Jul 5, 2013
San Fior
i try to compile slimbean and when i start it shows this error:

Trying dependencies-only mode on a non-existing device tree?

============================================
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=4.1.2
TARGET_PRODUCT=slim_kumquat
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-3.8.0-19-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-13.04-raring
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=JZO54K
OUT_DIR=out

gava97@gava97-MS-7715:~/slimbean$ make
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=4.1.2
TARGET_PRODUCT=slim_kumquat
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-3.8.0-19-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-13.04-raring
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=JZO54K
OUT_DIR=out
make: *** ./: Is a directory. Stop.

can anyone help me?
thanks for your work and time

KemikalElite

Jan 28, 2011
Google Pixel 3
OnePlus 7 Pro
How do I change the Screen Refresh Rate? From 30Hz to, lets say, 50Hz? :eek:

There might be some sort of custom kernel configuration that might be able to set it.

Otherwise there might not be an easy/reasonable way to change it without opening the phone and reprogramming the chipset.

Usually screens are designed to operate at one rate only and that's the only one it will run with. Why would you need to change the Hz rate anyway?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

HandyBesitzer

Jan 29, 2012
Köln
Hi,

i really searched a lot and also asked some members of the comunity, but i could get my lockscreen's shortcuts working.

My problem is simple. I moved the shortcuts so they are now under the lockring. That wasn't that hard. But now i still need to drag the shortcuts down instead of up to unlock the screen. How can i change this??

It's a Sense 3.5 ROM for Desire.

Thank you a lot

HandyBesitzer

vitalero

Dec 10, 2011
Hey guys i got a huge question, im interested in learning how to develop APPS but all i can find in the forums are how to compile my own ROM and kernel and stuff, can someone point out or send me to a guide that helps beginners to learn to make their own APP ?
i have found this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z149x12sXsw

but this guy just runs around changing stuff doesn't even explain what he is changing and why change them and not other stuff or what he is doing
will be happy to get a normal guide im not slow nor stupid just a guide that will give me all the tools to work and build my own android app, i have knowledge in java oriented already

thank you

ch604

Sep 8, 2008
hi yall, if this is the incorrect location, then flame on.

i have an android all-in-one desktop replacement (acer da220hql) that i got from one of my friends for doing some computer repair. he got it in a lot of TVs he bought for his ebay business, but at the time, it didnt power on. i replaced the power board and the system works great; its just locked with a text password. great, i say! factory reset it!

but the sticky issue comes in: there is no way for a user to factory reset the device without sending it back in to acer, and besides this, the device is out of warranty. there are no hardware buttons on the machine other than the power button, and usb debugging is disabled, so no adb shell. i cant get into the machine to enable this of course, and i have no idea what google account is associated with the machine, and therefore i also cannot unlock it remotely.

this is where i plea to you for help. I know that the device is running android 4.0.4 or earlier, and i need to delete the /data/system/*.key files to remove the lockscreen password. i hoped that i might be able to leverage this bug (http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2014/Nov/86) to force usb debugging on, but im not sure what kind of sql query i would need to form to do that. furthermore, this particular device is equipped with a hardware ethernet port. not sure what tcp ports are open on there, havent nmapped it yet, but im pretty sure it would listen for dhcp.

So, my specific question: what methods do you recommend for brute forcing this lockscreen password (locally or remotely), or removing the password altogether?

Vanilla-Ice

May 12, 2016
Cairo
Apps backup with multiple versions

hello,
I was wondering if there is a backup app that will automatically backup any app upon updating it from playstore
so I can always roll back to the previous versions no matter how many times I update it I still have all the previous versions backed up
of course backing up app data too would be a bonus.
I know I can manually do this but for a smart device things like this should be seamless
I have been disappointed repeatedly by application updates bringing more new bugs than features
to the extent that I have stopped updating anything for months now the phone looks dull :(
thanks

JoelLButler

Jun 13, 2019
www.beforelabs.com
Great list -- helpful!

Wow -- thank you for this. There is an adage "If you want to learn how to carve, have something in mind you want to make." Just going through these links I was easily able to identify ones that would directly help me learn by solving a current problem. For me this is going to allow me to quickly add to my toolkit and understanding.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

This response, though not timely, is aimed at anyone (like me) who identifies or identified with the question. There's no shortage of videos but I find the "Coding In Flow" series to be very good -- covers a lot of ground but in small bites. Also helpful was the series on Kotlin, which if you are just learning may be currently the way to go (I realize there is some debate on this, with the extreme camp being "If you want to learn Kotlin, start by learning Java").

Top Liked Posts