[ROM][4.2.2] 4/5 |OFFICIAL- LiquidSmooth |

Search This thread

tutusinghsohi

Jul 12, 2012
A (stupid) question - will STweaks run on the kernel in this ROM?
I currently have a stock 4.1.2 ROM flashed. It has Perseus 32.1. I installed the CM release a few days ago, but STweaks does not support the kernel in it.
The reason I need STweaks is because the sound quality through the phones in my headphones (wired, not blue tooth) is low (I work in a noisy environment, and when I try talking on my phone through my headphones, it gets very hard to understand the person on the other side).
Can I flash Perseus after flashing this ROM to get it to start working again so I could boost the volume levels, or will this ROM not work with other kernels, or will STweaks not work at all on any 4.2.2 ROMS?
Thanks.

mattern1974

Jan 27, 2010
Tremont, Pennsylvania
Re: [ROM][4.2.2]2/16[RC1] LiquidSmooth |DA-jdKernel 1.3 in post #2|FLOODING|

I currently have a stock 4.1.2 ROM flashed. It has Perseus 32.1. I installed the CM release a few days ago, but STweaks does not support the kernel in it.
The reason I need STweaks is because the sound quality through the phones in my headphones (wired, not blue tooth) is low (I work in a noisy environment, and when I try talking on my phone through my headphones, it gets very hard to understand the person on the other side).
Can I flash Perseus after flashing this ROM to get it to start working again so I could boost the volume levels, or will this ROM not work with other kernels, or will STweaks not work at all on any 4.2.2 ROMS?
Thanks.

You have to try things before asking, my friend.
I downloaded STweaks and there is no support for this kernel.

Sent from Liquid Smooth SGH-I317

the_unlocker1997

Jul 19, 2012

I believe purseus kernal is for touchwiz roms

I think:confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

j-raymn

Nov 13, 2012
[ROM][4.2.2]2/16[RC1] LiquidSmooth |DA-jdKernel 1.3 in post #2|FLOODING|

Thats what I've started doing.
Just installed Perseus kernel. The phone got bricked. So its back to restoring and trying out a different one.

Yeah, Perseus is a TouchWiz kernel, so it will only work on Samsung stock or Samsung-based roms, this rom is an AOSP rom, so it does not work with Samsung based kernels or apps based on Samsung framework (such as S-pen for example), if you want to try another kernel, look for one that works on AOSP roms

Last edited:

tutusinghsohi

Jul 12, 2012
I believe purseus kernal is for touchwiz roms

I think:confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Yeah, Perseus is a TouchWiz kernel, so it will only work on Samsung stock or Samsung-based roms, this rom is an AOSP rom, so it does not work with Samsung based kernels or apps based on Samsung framework (such as S-pen for example), if you want to try another kernel, look for one that works on AOSP roms
Thanks a lot. I'll try finding a kernel thats for AOSP ROMS.

lazerus06

Jun 15, 2010
Elizabethtown
Is there an alternative to the sbeam on the AOSP ROMS? I have a buddy that has a Note 2 and he is on stock. Didn't know if there was way to sbeam stuff back and forth since I am on this ROM

mattern1974

Jan 27, 2010
Tremont, Pennsylvania

Thanks a lot. I'll try finding a kernel thats for AOSP ROMS.

Force Kernel is for AOSP. Go backward to the Original forum.... It's there

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Thats what I've started doing.
Just installed Perseus kernel. The phone got bricked. So its back to restoring and trying out a different one.

Why don't you do a battery pull and boot into recovery?
With the phone off, hold the volume up button, the home button, and while holding those two push in the power button. When the screen flashes the first bit of text, let them all go.
The phone will boot to recovery and you can mount usb storage to your computer (you do have the drivers loaded on your computer, right?)
Make sure you downloaded the Force Kernel to your computer. Transfer it to your phone and flash it.
It should then boot again.

Sorry... Somehow double posted. I've been bricking and unbricking my phones for a few years now. I sometimes forget about newcomers.

Last edited:
Reactions: tutusinghsohi

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal

Thanks.

Hem voodoo support should fix all your volume issues I'm surprised nobody told you to grab the fr version on the market..

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Reactions: tutusinghsohi

terrymc

Oct 31, 2008
San Angelo , Tx

I use handcent and have no problems sending pictures via MMS.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

I use handcent and have no problems sending pictures via MMS.

Any way to get the stock mms app to send higher res mms? It resizes images to an undesirable level. Also third party mms apps (like Go SMS and Handcent) won't send mms pics. I've checked my APNs, all is well. I can get Go SMS working by manually adding apn settings from within the app, but Handcent doesn't offer those settings from within the app. Why won't third party apps recognize the APN settings from this ROM? I must be missing something. That said, it is my preference to use the stock mms app and be able to send pics without automatically reducing the size of the pics.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

jsho31

Aug 4, 2010
Plano, Texas

Yes I like it, I think this one will be my second fav. so far is running smooth and battery doesnt drain. I am happy with this baby :)

I'm about to try it out myself, haven't used my N2 in a few weeks, last thing I tried was Novella when it released this looks great though.

Sent from my Droid DNA on ATT!

GetPatriotized

Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
I get an error when flashing :S

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Is there an alternative to the sbeam on the AOSP ROMS? I have a buddy that has a Note 2 and he is on stock. Didn't know if there was way to sbeam stuff back and forth since I am on this ROM

Don't think so. I want to hear other user's on what they have to say. Curious :)

jsho31

Aug 4, 2010
Plano, Texas

You gonna love this one!!! too many things you can do with it. :p

I'm gonna mess with it while I'm at work all day tomorrow, downloaded but havent flashed it yet. Still haven't even swapped the sim back into my note yet. Lol.

MissyKoneko

Jan 8, 2013
Bleh
I'm gonna mess with it while I'm at work all day tomorrow, downloaded but havent flashed it yet. Still haven't even swapped the sim back into my note yet. Lol.

Jeez how can u not use ur note? lol I waited for 3 months to get it, I was on Verizon but I had to cancel my account cuz they didnt have it until the 29 of nov and I wanted it already so I went to AT&T lol, I love this phone and with the rom is much better!!! I hope you like it as much as i do.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original OP
    build that willbe posted here will be unofficially supported , I dont mind you guys ask for help in here , just dont expect support for a build that
    A_might not boot
    B_have some random FCs
    etc etc

for changelogs and stuff go to github and look at framework_base commits that will give you an idea of what was added in the last days .

some wallpapers..
    new build is up ill update op tomorrow .. just check on goo .
    for those not aware 'nightlies' are available on my androtransfer ... dagr8/liquids
    Agreed! I see you listed CWM as the flashing method in the OP. Is TWRP ok to use?

I don't want to start any drama considering the circumstances but can anyone briefly tell me what the differences between this and carbon are? The features lists look very similar.

well as you know carbon tree was forked from liquidsmooth

since then they went there own way

since then many things were added in liquid , I wouldnt know if these were kanged from liquid or added to carbon via an other way or if they werent added at all or what was added since then by team carbon .. I do not follow what thy do on there github at all..

liquidsmooth as there own kernel and so does carbon , afaik each kernel is unique to these specific roms and kernel plays a critical role inhow phone behaves so your best bet is to try them both ...

I could give you my opinion but ofc im biased ..

I can tell you one thing for sure when I joined liquidsmooth a few of the 'pub' optimizations were used already but not all of them , this has been corrected so you can expect the maximum smoothnest possible in an oasp based rom .

I personally got the highest linpack results I ever did before on this rom , 245 (average) @ 1.9ghz .. nugh said .

now lets not bring up the 'c' word anymore thank you (lol)