Review of Heavy Duty vertical pouch w/pics!!!

Search This thread

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
I'm going to wait until $2.55 will be on sale :D

Great write up, thanks!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a review of generic Zizo Heavy Duty vertical pouch: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-...t=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&hash=item2576ce4d88 The metal tag says something which appears like "Zizo", and it's on ebay for $7.61 shipped (local US).

As everybody knows, I typically review cases among other accessories. I have mentioned Seidio holsters and their universal fit with other cases, but pouches hasn't been my focus in the past. After seeing constant requests from people looking for pouches that are roomy enough to fit Note 2 in a case, I decided to explore this option. On a personal note, I'm not a fan of pouches, especially horizontal leather ones that look like a giant reading glasses case. When it comes to clipping Note 2 in a case to a belt, it's gotta be something decent looking and not bulky. This Zizo Heavy Duty Vertical Pouch is IT!!!

Even so it's classified as heavy duty, it's actually very light weight at only 62g. Dimensions are approximately 95mm x 150mm and it's actually relatively slim. The material/texture is heavy duty cross-stitched construction nylon, actually very nice quality. The inner back part of the pouch, the side that will be in contact with phone's screen, is made out of soft micro-fiber material. The flap of the case is equipped with a strong velcro to hold it securely closed. Walls of the pouch are expandable, made out of heavy duty elastic material. That's actually a perfect solution for universal fitment of this pouch with any case. One of the walls has an extra loop so you can either put a pen or put a keychain ring, etc. The back of the pouch has a belt loop (about 50 mm wide), threaded with heavy duty double stitching. On top of that you have a solid one piece metal belt clip, very solid construction. And if that's not enough, you also have a small metal loop to hook up lanyard. Pretty much they thought of every possible way to carry this pouch, not too mention that you can even put it in your pocket. Although being thin, this pouch is actually nicely padded and will offer a protection in addition to the case you already have on.

And speaking of cases, this pouch fits them ALL!!! I tested it with Zerolemone 9300mAh/TPU, UAG, Casemate Tough, Casemate Pop, Seidio CONVERT, and Otterbox Defender, each one documented with a picture below. Between these cases and monster ZL battery - pretty much everything is covered. By heavy duty nature of this case, I would HIGHLY recommend it for anybody who is planning to use it outdoors, hiking, biking, on a trip, etc. But even for everyday use it will make a great accessory to carry your Note 2 with your case inside of this pouch. Even so elastic sides of the case don't go all the way down to the bottom, I still think this pouch will protect your phone even if you get into a rain where the nylon shell should keep it dry. Obviously, you can use it with a naked N2 as well, but I think it's a Perfect and Secure solution to carry N2 with ANY case on your belt!!! Definitely a must have accessory in my book.

Here are the pictures:

zizo-vertical-pouch-n2-01_zps01dba765.jpg

zizo-vertical-pouch-n2-02_zps46ce3207.jpg

zizo-vertical-pouch-n2-03_zps0929b167.jpg

zizo-vertical-pouch-n2-04_zpsf73df016.jpg

zizo-vertical-pouch-n2-05_zps9a5ad79d.jpg

zizo-vertical-pouch-n2-06_zpsb12e877a.jpg

zizo-vertical-pouch-n2-07_zps19b7beae.jpg

zizo-vertical-pouch-n2-08_zps6db45149.jpg

zizo-vertical-pouch-n2-09_zpse8cc9bdb.jpg

zizo-vertical-pouch-n2-10_zps07be142a.jpg
    That thing is ugly.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
    That thing is ugly.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

@vectron

thanks again for your reviews

I bought this case/holster based off your reviews and pictures.
    I also bought a ZeroLemon 9300mah battery based off your reviews.

Yes verticle case is ugly, but it stood the test of time. My work requires me to go in and out of cars on a daily basis. My other phones had otterboxes, those clip holsters broke all the time getting caught on the seatbelt. This holster does too bet never did it break off.

I would like to add why i am posting this up.

This verticle case fits the zerolemon battery....here's my post about it http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=43549391#post43549391
    UPDATE: Shoot out, LoL!

$2.55 case vs $7.61 case!

Phone has ZeroLemon 9300 extended battery case
    Following is the $2.55 case

Following is the original $7.61 case

$2.55 case on left, $7.61 case on right

New $7.61 case vs 3 month old $7.61 case on the right of course LoL

$2.55 case will fit the note 2 with a zero lemon battery in it much better than the $7.61 case. the $2.55 case is wider where as the $7.61 case will require some stretching to fit the zerolemon case.

As you can see the $7.61 case only lasted 3-4 months for me of daily work usage. it got a little wet from the rain once or twice.

Right now, since they are so cheap, i bought two $2.55 cases, after shipping it came out to $10 ish, still cheaper than the $7.61 case