[Q] my xperia x8 turns on and off again and again

Search This thread
Feb 1, 2014
Hello everyone.

I just got my xperia x8 from my brother because he didn't know how to fix it.
The phone seems like it has not even a scratch.
The issue is that everytime i turn it on it is just turning on and off and on and off again and again.
I don't even have time to input my pin.
The battery always seems to be drained although i charge it occasionally.
I have updated it's os with pc companion, but it keeps doing the same thing.
Is there anything that i can do to fix it?

jay-z-s

Dec 1, 2012
Amol
Hello everyone.

The issue is that everytime i turn it on it is just turning on and off and on and off again and again.

try to flash stock frimware through flash tools(this wipes the data & reinstalls the system partition)
Normally flashing fixes all software fault but if your hardware is damaged so you shouldnt be hopeful.
I think its a sw problem but even an empty battery can cause exactly the same react.(put another battery then try flashtools)
Hope i could help you :confused::confused::confused:

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Mr Skatosakoulas

stamatis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
stamatis∈A, A=∅
Hello everyone.

Did he do any modifacations to the software?
If not, seems like a battery problem to me. Anyway try to flash stock rom.

Btw your username is..:rolleyes:.

Reactions: Mr Skatosakoulas
Feb 1, 2014

that's our little greek secret... :rolleyes: no modifications to the software but he kinda had troubles with this mobile for the whole period of time he owned it.he didn't receive messages in the particular device as far as i can remember. the battery doesn't seem to have anything wrong though.it is just sliiiightly puffed but nothing that alerting.i mean i havent charged it for a long time and it can still power the mobile's "neverending loop". if there was a problem wouldnt it not turn on at all or something? i don't have an extra battery and i'm thinking of getting through with the flash stock romafter i charge it a bit.. should i? and if yes, how? i've never done that (a guide would be great :) )

stamatis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
stamatis∈A, A=∅
that's our little greek secret... :rolleyes: no modifications to the software but he kinda had troubles with this mobile for the whole period of time he owned it.he didn't receive messages in the particular device as far as i can remember. the battery doesn't seem to have anything wrong though.it is just sliiiightly puffed but nothing that alerting.i mean i havent charged it for a long time and it can still power the mobile's "neverending loop". if there was a problem wouldnt it not turn on at all or something? i don't have an extra battery and i'm thinking of getting through with the flash stock romafter i charge it a bit.. should i? and if yes, how? i've never done that (a guide would be great :) )

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35338935&postcount=2

Feb 1, 2014
I got it done. i flashed it succesfuly and was able to work with it while connected to my laptop. once i unplugged it, it went off after 2 minutes. Now all i have to do is buy a new battery.Thank you guys. i just got a free x8 from my stupid brother :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone.

try to flash stock frimware through flash tools(this wipes the data & reinstalls the system partition)
    Normally flashing fixes all software fault but if your hardware is damaged so you shouldnt be hopeful.
    I think its a sw problem but even an empty battery can cause exactly the same react.(put another battery then try flashtools)
    Hope i could help you :confused::confused::confused:

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk 2
    Hello everyone.