Most stable rom?

Search This thread

umz_786

Jul 7, 2011
London
www.facebook.com
Hi all,
My cousins atrix has started playing up (keyboard crashes, browser force closes etc) and ive advised that he change roms. Ive been looking though this forum for the past hour or so and am surprised to see so many roms - you guys have so much choice! (Ive got an optimus black and weve got maybe about 4 roms which is nothing compared to you guys!)

Anyway my cousin is a bit of a noob so I dont want to install a rom that will cause problems. Which rom should I install on his atrix please?

Thanks

The most recent releases of CM7, including CM7.2 RC1 and the most current nightly releases, have been pretty stable for me. I couldn't tell you about the non-CM7 ROMs (i.e. the ones based on the stock Atrix ROM) as I haven't used one for quite a while. There are several so-called CM9 ROMs out (based on ICS), but IMHO they aren't stable enough if you rely heavily on your phone, though they are getting there.

giqbal

Feb 19, 2012
Manchester
The most recent releases of CM7, including CM7.2 RC1 and the most current nightly releases, have been pretty stable for me. I couldn't tell you about the non-CM7 ROMs (i.e. the ones based on the stock Atrix ROM) as I haven't used one for quite a while. There are several so-called CM9 ROMs out (based on ICS), but IMHO they aren't stable enough if you rely heavily on your phone, though they are getting there.

Im using joker's cm9. Its actually stable enough to be used as a daily driver. Yes the rom is in beta so there are bugs like video recording/playback, multitouch and small probs here and there due to missing ics drivers.

DroidRunner

Sep 29, 2010
Im using joker's cm9. Its actually stable enough to be used as a daily driver. Yes the rom is in beta so there are bugs like video recording/playback, multitouch and small probs here and there due to missing ics drivers.

Wouldn't really consider that stable. Stable to me means everything works. Nottachtrix for stock look, and CM7 for AOSP

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

Jotokun

Apr 23, 2011
Another vote for CM7. Its absolutely rock solid, and the weekly builds have fingerprint scanner support. CM9 is pretty good, but as has been mentioned its missing a few features and does have a few bugs that prevent some from being able to use it as a daily driver.

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
Instead of CM7, I'd reccomend Neutrino. Install GO Launcher EX, ICS theme for the launcher and system and you've got yourself the best GB ROM with ICS-look.

Sent from my Neutrino-loaded ATRIX

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
Yes because I feel that Nuetrino is so stripped down, you have problems. You have to flash add ins

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

Useless things such as TTS, VPN and Languages have been removed to make the ROM smaller. You just gotta flash a few more tiny .zip's...
Neutrino is better than CM7 at the base level. I reccomend you flash Neutrino GT+ version and under/overclock the CPU according to your needs.

Cusa

Dec 25, 2011
Instead of CM7, I'd reccomend Neutrino. Install GO Launcher EX, ICS theme for the launcher and system and you've got yourself the best GB ROM with ICS-look.

I found myself flashing around 20 add-ons to get the phone to work properly.

ashad0509

Oct 28, 2010
Cincinnati
I found myself flashing 20 times a day to get myself to like the phone :D

I reckon, CM7 is nice. Just use Faux kernel.

+1 for Neutrino and +1 for flashing 20 times a day to get myself to like the phone ;)

I flash ROMs like crazy and I have to say Neutrino is by far the greatest rom! So what if you have to flash a few zips....thats how he made such an amazing rom...He stripped it down to the basics and you add the stuff that you want. I use the GT version but underclock to 1.00GHz most of the time...Saves battery but if I need the power, its available to me. 2.7 is out now....it has a wifi bug on the GT and GT+ versions though. You have to reflash faux's kernal to fix. Otherwise just use EE version. Its plenty fast enough without overclock.