[REVIEW] Anker 1900 mAh extended battery

Search This thread

SplitCold

Jun 21, 2011
Nexus 5
Not sure how good but, its much cheaper: 2 or 3x 1800mAh Batteries & Charger $9 or $12.

ebay & search 1800 sensation

Last edited:

crisisinthecity

Nov 8, 2009
Cincinnati
www.ripplejunction.com

Elchemist

May 13, 2011
You could be right. Maybe the seller saw their stock go from 30 to 5 in a matter of hours and figured they'd jack up the price for the last few to see if there are any takers.

When in stock I believe the amazon link I provided sells the battery for ~$14. Not as cheap as $10 but still very reasonable.

This is a simple case of a greedy seller. Give me a break. There are other generic sensation batteries on Amazon.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

xnifex

Jul 4, 2006
Phoenix
looking at the sold history it seems they bumped it up $5 for a little bit, saw they were getting a profit & decided to see how high they could go

misterjimmy

Feb 6, 2008
Rosemead
I just got my tracking number about an hour ago... Looks like there was a slight delay in shipping - I've got no problem with that for the savings.

Likewise pretty stoke to see this show up and hope its really helps out the battery life over what we have now. I can only go through almost half the day with this battery and most of the time i'm on conference calls.

macnewbie

Nov 18, 2007
I contacted the ebay seller re: change in price and they said they had changed it to prevent people from ordering because they ran out of stock, and that as soon as they get a new shipment in the price will drop back.

misterjimmy

Feb 6, 2008
Rosemead
I just got my battery in the mail today so I'll start cycling it after work. I'll keep everyone posted as well on how this battery works out. if it can at least hold for a whole day with some average usage I think it was a good $10 I've invested.

here is some photos of the packaging in case people were wondering

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

Last edited:

downey_ryan

Jun 4, 2010
Hey everyone, I ordered one of these a few days ago. I've decided to stick with my Nexus One, though, so it's obviously not going to be of any use to me. If anyone's interested in buying it, let me know. I'm really just looking to recoup cost and pay for shipping.

Note that I paid the original $10 price.

Last edited:

mbaran

Jul 12, 2006
Hey everyone, I ordered one of these a few days ago. I've decided to stick with my Nexus One, though, so it's obviously not going to be of any use to me. If anyone's interested in buying it, let me know. I'm really just looking to recoup cost and pay for shipping.

Note that I paid the original $10 price.

I'll take it off your hands. PM me.

JWhipple

Jul 16, 2008
Melbourne, FL
I just got my battery in the mail today so I'll start cycling it after work. I'll keep everyone posted as well on how this battery works out. if it can at least hold for a whole day with some average usage I think it was a good $10 I've invested.

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

Wow, that actually looks like REAL off-the-shelf retail packaging! Like something you'd pick up at Best Buy!

SinisterGame

Mar 28, 2011

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

so what exactly is the proper way to cycle a battery? i keep reading that Li's dont need to be conditioned at all and some are saying that only a few cycles are required and that the initial charge should be in the 8+ hours range? someone help a brotha out... thx

misterjimmy

Feb 6, 2008
Rosemead
for the most part I'm doing the normal 8hr full charge just to be safe. I'm sure the device is smart enough to know when to cut the charge when its full.

misterjimmy

Feb 6, 2008
Rosemead
Wow, that actually looks like REAL off-the-shelf retail packaging! Like something you'd pick up at Best Buy!

your telling me I was caught by surprise when I opened the package thinking was just in a small plastic package and some chintzy card board box. presentation is one thing but like everyone, i'm more interested if it can deliver.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some comparisons....

Anker...
    SensationAnker.jpg

Chichitech...
    Chichitech5.jpg

Stock...
    SensationStock.jpg

Conclusion...
    The Anker and Chichitech are the SAME CELL just with a different label. They look exactly the same and both hold a capacity of 1700mah. They do have more capacity than the stock battery but not much by much. My opinion is that if you want a cheap way to get a little more life, get the Anker. If you dont mind spending a couple extra bucks (literally) you should get an Evo 3D battery which is basically the same as the Anker (capacity wise) only it is HTC branded and the temperature reports correctly. Me personally will be using the Evo 3D battery in my Sensation.
    Just ordered one of these - figured, "What the hell, it's only $10 !"

70HCSSTN-W19A_BO_PF_WT_400X300.jpg

From here on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Anker-Extended-...Accessories&hash=item4cf7fedd90#ht_3355wt_981

Will report back with the results...
    I used my scale at work (Police Department- need to weigh drugs exactly :)) and this is what I found.

Stock HTC 1520mAh= 31.54 grams

Anker 1900 mAh = 34.43 grams

Difference of 2.89 grams
    For anyone who wants to see a quantitative test of the Anker battery versus the OEM battery, I wrote a quick review here.
    Objective Battery-life Comparison with Amazing Results

--- removed ---
    Vendor has lied about capacity and ISO-certification, and the thermostat does not work. Also other quality issues.