[Guide] REAL guide for FULL Apps2SD using Clockwork. [UPDT 9.28.2012]

Search This thread

SuperAce609

Oct 24, 2011
Bani, Dominican Republic
This guide is bullet proof. It will not damage your phone in any way or make it run any risks as long as you follow step by step.

What you'll need:
Any Android phone with CWM5 installed
For S2E - A CyanogenMod rom running on your phone. (Doesn't matter if a custom rom based on CM7 or CM7 itself. If S2E doesn't work, contact your rom's developer.)

Step by Step Guide

This part of the guide can be used simply to just make a partition on your SD. You don't have to use S2E which is completely optional. You can use any other app that fits your needs.

1. Backup your SD card data to PC before start partitioning.
  2. Power on your phone
  3. Hold the Home and Power button
  4. Use volume down button to go down to ‘advanced’.
  5. Then press home button
  6. Select ‘Partition SD Card’.
  7. Select the ext size that you want (128M, 256M, 512M, 1024M, 2048M or 4096M). (I use 256MB)
  8. Select 0M as the Swap Size.
  9. Copy back your data to SD card.
  10. That’s all

Next;
For S2E

1. Go to CM settings and check 'Application moving'
  2. Install S2E
  3. Check the'Applications' box
  4. Check the 'Dalvic Cache' box
  5. Reboot your phone

For INT2EXT+ (For CM10.1 check this thread http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37939052&postcount=1121)
  1. Download from the thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1716124
  2. Place it on the root of the SD
  3. Make sure you delete ANY A2SD you have in your init.d folder.
  4. Boot up CWM5
  5. Mount system and data
  6. Look for it and flash it (In "Install zip from SD")
  7. Format SD EXT (In mounts and storage)
  8. Reboot your phone

For Amarullz
  1. Download the file attached to the first post here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1310309
  2. Delete any A2SD scripts you might already have on your phone in the init.d folder
  3. Extract the zip and put the script in the init.d folder
  4. Change permissions to rw-r-r or to rwxrwxrwx if the first one doesn't work for you.
  5. Reboot

I DO NOT USE LINK2SD OR RECOMMEND IT EITHER SO DON'T ASK.

When you reboot, it will take some time because of the Dalvic cache being moved to the SD card. When you install something, it will be installed automatically in the SD card, resulting in a completely empty internal storage.

NOTE FOR S2E: Some widgets or applications that have widgets, don't work while installed in the SD card. Those must be moved to the internal storage. The same thing applies to any themes you're using, launcher, camera apps, or anything else you believe should be installed internally.

NOTE 2: Please also keep in mind that when you reboot your phone (or turn it on) anything installed in the SD won't work until the phone is done scanning the SD card and confirms the item is installed.

NOTE 3: To delete the partition, you'll have to format the whole SD card. For that you have to use the Android Settings>Storage>Format SD. Any other way and the partition WILL NOT be erased. Make sure you back up before doing this.

S2E and AMARULLZ work with CM BASED ROMS ONLY but INT2EXT is UNIVERSAL.

You can try DarkTremor's script which is the same thing basically but I don't really know how to set it up so you'll have to find your own guide. And Links2SD doesn't free up that much memory but at least its something.

Please read this post carefully before asking any questions. I will ignore EVERY QUESTION who's answer is on this post.

Thanks to DavySML125 for the CM10.1 tip.

Fun fact: I use my own guide every time I flash a new rom :p

Last edited:

tohno

Nov 26, 2011
can SGA use linux swap ? in the x8 forum ( my old phone ) partitioning sd card is mainly to enaBLE SWAP FOR EXTRA RAM (sorry caps lock keyboard buggy)

Malherbe

Dec 19, 2010
Normandy
I tried on stock rom with ext4 partition created with CWM 5.0.2.6, and check boxes S2E can not be checked (inaccessible).
thank you

dianpadi

Oct 15, 2011
Yogyakarta - Tembagapura
I tried on stock rom with ext4 partition created with CWM 5.0.2.6, and check boxes S2E can not be checked (inaccessible).
thank you

https://market.android.com/details?id=ru.krikun.s2e&feature=search_result
when read the description, it says it only work for CM7

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

NOTE: Some widgets or applications that have widgets, don't work while installed in the SD card. Those must be moved to the internal storage. The same thing applies to any themes you're using, launcher, camera apps, or anything else you believe should be installed internally.
I just let S2E working by itself. No manual move application.
My internal memory is keep low. And all widged is working good. ;)

NOTE 2: Please also keep in mind that when you reboot your phone (or turn it on) anything installed in the SD won't work until the phone is done scanning the SD card and confirms the item is installed.

Will this kind of "how it's work" stuff make issue with zipalignment tweak? :confused:

Reactions: KidBuu03

SuperAce609

Oct 24, 2011
Bani, Dominican Republic
https://market.android.com/details?id=ru.krikun.s2e&feature=search_result
when read the description, it says it only work for CM7

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

I just let S2E working by itself. No manual move application.
My internal memory is keep low. And all widged is working good. ;)

Will this kind of "how it's work" stuff make issue with zipalignment tweak? :confused:
I see. I better edit first post then. And about zipalignment, I haven't seen any problens soi guess not.

Reactions: KidBuu03

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guide is bullet proof. It will not damage your phone in any way or make it run any risks as long as you follow step by step.

What you'll need:
    Any Android phone with CWM5 installed
    For S2E - A CyanogenMod rom running on your phone. (Doesn't matter if a custom rom based on CM7 or CM7 itself. If S2E doesn't work, contact your rom's developer.)

Step by Step Guide

This part of the guide can be used simply to just make a partition on your SD. You don't have to use S2E which is completely optional. You can use any other app that fits your needs.

1. Backup your SD card data to PC before start partitioning.
    2. Power on your phone
    3. Hold the Home and Power button
    4. Use volume down button to go down to ‘advanced’.
    5. Then press home button
    6. Select ‘Partition SD Card’.
    7. Select the ext size that you want (128M, 256M, 512M, 1024M, 2048M or 4096M). (I use 256MB)
    8. Select 0M as the Swap Size.
    9. Copy back your data to SD card.
    10. That’s all

Next;
    For S2E

1. Go to CM settings and check 'Application moving'
    2. Install S2E
    3. Check the'Applications' box
    4. Check the 'Dalvic Cache' box
    5. Reboot your phone

For INT2EXT+ (For CM10.1 check this thread http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37939052&postcount=1121)
    1. Download from the thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1716124
    2. Place it on the root of the SD
    3. Make sure you delete ANY A2SD you have in your init.d folder.
    4. Boot up CWM5
    5. Mount system and data
    6. Look for it and flash it (In "Install zip from SD")
    7. Format SD EXT (In mounts and storage)
    8. Reboot your phone

For Amarullz
    1. Download the file attached to the first post here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1310309
    2. Delete any A2SD scripts you might already have on your phone in the init.d folder
    3. Extract the zip and put the script in the init.d folder
    4. Change permissions to rw-r-r or to rwxrwxrwx if the first one doesn't work for you.
    5. Reboot

I DO NOT USE LINK2SD OR RECOMMEND IT EITHER SO DON'T ASK.

When you reboot, it will take some time because of the Dalvic cache being moved to the SD card. When you install something, it will be installed automatically in the SD card, resulting in a completely empty internal storage.

NOTE FOR S2E: Some widgets or applications that have widgets, don't work while installed in the SD card. Those must be moved to the internal storage. The same thing applies to any themes you're using, launcher, camera apps, or anything else you believe should be installed internally.

NOTE 3: To delete the partition, you'll have to format the whole SD card. For that you have to use the Android Settings>Storage>Format SD. Any other way and the partition WILL NOT be erased. Make sure you back up before doing this.

S2E and AMARULLZ work with CM BASED ROMS ONLY but INT2EXT is UNIVERSAL.

You can try DarkTremor's script which is the same thing basically but I don't really know how to set it up so you'll have to find your own guide. And Links2SD doesn't free up that much memory but at least its something.

Please read this post carefully before asking any questions. I will ignore EVERY QUESTION who's answer is on this post.

Thanks to DavySML125 for the CM10.1 tip.

Fun fact: I use my own guide every time I flash a new rom :p
    I think it will as the developer said that himself. Hey dude can you share the latest S2E apk? I don't have net connection on my phone right now. I can't find the latest one on google. thanks!
    Oh sure, no prob. Give me a second.

EDIT: There we go.

Latest S2E apk 2.2.1

http://www.mediafire.com/?85u21r2u9b1sxmt
    im using 16gb now.... what size should i put it in?
    Depends on how much memory you think you'll consume. I'd still say go for 1GB. I have 100+ apps installed and I haven't even used half that GB. I'm using a 8GB class 4 or 6 (I forgot) and I'm thinking of lowering it to 500MB.
    it is work for cm7 only ?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA App
    Did you finish reading the first post before asking?
    thank you
    Even if you can't click the boxes, are they checked? Do they have a little green box next to them?