[ROM][4.2.2 JDQ39E] Slim Bean Build 8 - manta [05.08.2013]

Search This thread

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012
AW: [ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean Build1 - manta

Sorry guys that I didn't respond to your posts, dunno how this happened tbh

Thanks guys for your amazing rom.
I could not play a video. All are choppy. I have used the timesscape file @ native resol. It might be a goog video driver issue.
Switched back 2 4.2.1 and video plays nice now.

can you please send me a logcat?

It happens in landscape only. Portrait is OK.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Can you please send me Screenshots?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4

Kurre

Aug 10, 2010
Hi, new manta slimbean user, oldtime android geek reporting in :)

I searched this thread and checked changelogs and didn't find any mentions of the issue I'm "suffering".

so I'm using fully stock manta slimbean 4.2.2 b1, with 2 users. Issue is that when changing user and unlocking tab, "Themes provider" FC's occasionally. I'll grab some logcats after work. Any other information which would be beneficial for you? Or is this already known issue and fix on the making?

PS. note that this isn't an issue on my GNex running also slimbean 4.2.2 b1 (although, it's not a multi-user system..)

Last edited:

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012

Hi, new manta slimbean user, oldtime android geek reporting in :)

I searched this thread and checked changelogs and didn't find any mentions of the issue I'm "suffering".

so I'm using fully stock manta slimbean 4.2.2 b1, with 2 users. Issue is that when changing user and unlocking tab, "Themes provider" FC's occasionally. I'll grab some logcats after work. Any other information which would be beneficial for you? Or is this already known issue and fix on the making?

PS. note that this isn't an issue on my GNex running also slimbean 4.2.2 b1 (although, it's not a multi-user system..)

Good bug report so far, only thing I need is a logcat for the moment, in case I need anything else I know where to find you ;)

Reactions: Kurre

iamikon

May 17, 2012
Re: [ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean Build1 - manta

Now that I remembered and looked into this it is an issue with theme chooser. No themes work with multiuser yet unfortunately. You will have this issue on any ROM. Multiuser without any themes applied should work fine.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Kurre

Aug 10, 2010

Now that I remembered and looked into this it is an issue with theme chooser. No themes work with multiuser yet unfortunately. You will have this issue on any ROM. Multiuser without any themes applied should work fine.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

no installed themes here.. only "system" available in theme chooser.

ps. my logging attempts failed..it didn't want to FC when I tried to grab logs. I'll try tomorrow again.. hopefully with better luck :rolleyes:

Sent from my slimbeaned GNex :)

Kurre

Aug 10, 2010

Good bug report so far, only thing I need is a logcat for the moment, in case I need anything else I know where to find you ;)

no installed themes here.. only "system" available in theme chooser.

ps. my logging attempts failed..it didn't want to FC when I tried to grab logs. I'll try tomorrow again.. hopefully with better luck :rolleyes:

Okay, I were able to reproduce it. It seems to happen almost every time orientation is changed.
Here's a logcat during the flip & FC. Hopefully it helps :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aeonotbibvw8j8x/theme-FC.txt

Last edited:

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012

Kurre

Aug 10, 2010

ok thanks. do both of these things and then try again:
1. uninstall Wallpaper Wizardrii (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twistedapps.wallpaperwizardrii&hl=de)
2. fix permissions

okay, I'll do those tomorrow.
Actually that wizardii also came to my mind and I set wallpaper via stock wallpaper "selector" and FC still occurred. But I'll uninstall it tomorrow and report back.

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012

okay, I'll do those tomorrow.
Actually that wizardii also came to my mind and I set wallpaper via stock wallpaper "selector" and FC still occurred. But I'll uninstall it tomorrow and report back.

Yup, this one is throwing errors every time before the fc so this might be related somehow.

Kurre

Aug 10, 2010

ok thanks. do both of these things and then try again:
1. uninstall Wallpaper Wizardrii (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twistedapps.wallpaperwizardrii&hl=de)
2. fix permissions

Okay, here are some more logs. No. 2 after uninstalling and no. 3 after fixing permissions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ha8yq9fetzp2k5q/theme-fc2.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/91be04ou9p9e53o/theme-fc3.txt

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012

Kurre

Aug 10, 2010
sorry, i was not able to find the source of this issue, especially because you seem to be the only one having those issues. did you try a clean install yet?

I also have been wondering, if I'm only one with this issue :eek:

Well I came from stock 4.2.2 and made a normal clean install (factory reset, format system, flash slimbean, flash aio, wipe dalvik/cache), but I could make a new clean install in weekend if I have time.

But IIRC, this issue appeared since the first boot..It would been "easier" to blame some app or something like that if it would have appeared later on :mad: :D
Anyway, this isn't so big issue for me..But I'll report back when there's something to report..or maybe I'll just wait for build 2, since I have seen many interesting commits in github lately.. ;)

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012
I also have been wondering, if I'm only one with this issue :eek:

Well I came from stock 4.2.2 and made a normal clean install (factory reset, format system, flash slimbean, flash aio, wipe dalvik/cache), but I could make a new clean install in weekend if I have time.

But IIRC, this issue appeared since the first boot..It would been "easier" to blame some app or something like that if it would have appeared later on :mad: :D
Anyway, this isn't so big issue for me..But I'll report back when there's something to report..or maybe I'll just wait for build 2, since I have seen many interesting commits in github lately.. ;)

well ok :D you shouldn't only watch github:
http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/news/274-build2

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012
Ok guys as you might have seen on our WIP we integrated TRDS (The Real Dark Slim) into our ROM via toggle (TheRealDarkSlim Toggle (Initial)).
This feature is popping up on GITs from many other ROMs so i think it's time to explain that awesome feature!
Basically what it does is that you are able to apply TRDS (black theme) to system apps (no gapps yet) using one toggle instead of flashing another zip file!
kufikugel did a great job on that and i think it is important, that all of you know that this one was done by team SlimRoms even though other ROMs, who kanged that feature, might release a build including this before we do.
As you can see in our WIP you can expect other great new features with the upcoming version of Slim Bean, but TRDS definitely is one of the key features :good:

polluzet

Dec 14, 2012
Groß-Bieberau
AW: [ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean Build2 - manta

Build 2 released. Have fun guys!

Hello fonti, great Rom :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:, like it most oft all, Slim bean is the best, have it also on my SGS+, from Crybert.
Did you fix fix the Blue-tooth issue inBuld 2 ???. For my BT-keyboard does'nt work...:confused:

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Guys Build 7 just got released, have fun!
    Slim Bean 4.2.2 Build4

If coming from 4.1 (Slim Bean 3.x) do a full wipe. In case of an upgrade (Beta1->Beta2) wipe cache/dalvik and only do full wipe if you have any problems.
    We just released Build 6! Happy Flashing :D

Attention:
    Due to the updated TRDS 2.0 code, you HAVE TO download and flash the new gapps packages this time.
    Build 5 released! Have fun guys :good: